FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Socrates was a Christian (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Socrates was a Christian
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I started this thread on another forum about a year ago after a girl in my ethics class raised her hand to ask, "So, like, was Socrates a Christian?"

Some people say stupid things in class or at work (or anywhere, really). I reserve this thread for the express purpose of sharing a few of the inane things we've heard other people say.

You're welcome to comment on other people's posts, but try to keep the spamming to a minimum.

Here are some of my favorites that others posted:
  • "I need to change my course to Psychology. Wait, how do you spell psychology?"
  • Professor: "....ergo, marriage is sacred".
    Student: "Wait a second... was Ergo Catholic?"
  • "Hume's spoon is broken into analytic, synthetic, and-- wait, did I just say 'spoon'? It's definitely 'fork'. Sorry about that, I'm not good with utensils."
    - My philosophy of the mind professor
  • Coming out of the theatre after watching episode three, i hear the following:
    "DUDE! That was so awesome! I can't wait for them to make number four! "
  • "I want some coffee."
    "What size?"
    "Coffee."
    "Size, sir?"
    "You know, coffee!"
    "What size, sir."
    "COFFEE."
  • At the movie theater tonight -
    "I'd like a water please."
    "A large or a small?"
    "Oh, a large I guess."
    "I'm sorry, we're out of large." (This is said without checking to see if they have any water. She KNEW they were out of the large.)
    "... Then I guess I'll have a small one."
  • a bunch of us were hanging out a few years ago and someone mentioned that Mountain Dew cuased low sperm count. Suddenly one girl got really quiet. Then she said "In girls too?"
  • A friend of mine picked up an avacado and said 'Oh hey, a raw guacamole'
  • Her: (overheard conversation) I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan. I'm, like, THE biggest fan in the world. I'm a total geek.
    Me: (joining in) No shame in that. Tolkien's the man.
    Her: ...who?
    Me: Tolkien. The guy who... wrote it...
    Her: They're making it into books now?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Guy I Know: "Hey, yeah that movie was awesome. You know, that movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was great."

Me: "Aah, don't say the word!"

GIK: "What word?"

Me: "How am I not supposed to say IT, if I don't know what IT is?"

GIK: "What is that from? Sounds like it would be a great movie."

Me: *dumbstruck*

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a professor that was very big into Freudian analysis of Greek myth. In the honors section of the class, one of my classmates asked if we'd be reading any Jung, and pronounced it the way it's spelled.

Professor (pronouncing it correctly): Jung? Well, I'm probably not....
Girl (interrupting): No, Jung!
Professor (still pronouncing it correctly, emphasizing his pronunciation this time, trying to clue her in without embarassing her) Jung's work is....
Girl (interrupting again): No, Jung--J-U-N-G. Jung.

I have rarely been more embarassed for someone in an academic setting.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have rarely been more embarassed for someone in an academic setting.
Be glad you didn't go to my high school.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

And speaking of high school...

Senior Girl: Ok, so, like, if a guy gets an [erection] in a swimming pool...like, do all the girls get pregnant?

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
One girl at the school I went to in London argued vehemently that Chicago is a state.

Another one declared that it rains a lot in London because "it's near the ocean and the wind just kind of picks up all the water and throws it at us."

Yet another girl, after having said one of many dumb things, was told affectionately, "You just get blonder every day." Her response? A very confused, "But I haven't done anything to my hair!"

[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I read the title of this thread and went "WHAT THE FRACK!?!?!"

Glad to see it's celebrating stupid people.

Incidentally, did you know that Thomas Jefferson both wrote the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1492 and freed the slaves in 1924?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I'm sorry, we're out of large." (This is said without checking to see if they have any water. She KNEW they were out of the large.)
"... Then I guess I'll have a small one."

I can see how that could happen. It's easy to go on autopilot in boring jobs and automatically ask "what size" without thinking about it.

quote:
Girl (interrupting again): No, Jung--J-U-N-G. Jung.
This sort of thing has happened to me many times. It's one of the curses of reading a lot.

quote:
"But I haven't done anything to my hair!"
This sort of thing has happened to me many times as well. I eventually decided that I refuse to be embarassed for assuming that people mean what they said.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"I want some coffee."
"What size?"
"Coffee."
"Size, sir?"
"You know, coffee!"
"What size, sir."
"COFFEE."

[ROFL]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
After watching a movie that I think took place sometime in the early 1900s or something, we start discussing it in class.

Student asks a question.

Teacher: ...and his daughter died of cancer.

Other student: They actually had cancer back then?!?!

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
My personal favorite. On the last day of my astronomy class last semester we talked about life in the universe and the ways we've attempted to make contact with alien life. At the end of the lecture one girl raised her hand, very confused, to ask "How can we be sure that aliens will speak English?"
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I was an academic-team geek in H.S. Once, during a practice, our coach asked the question: "According to an old adage, [blank] makes the heart grow fonder." One of the girls raised her hand, and said "Love?--no, that's wrong, I meant to say Abstinence."
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
I was an academic-team geek in H.S. Once, during a practice, our coach asked the question: "According to an old adage, [blank] makes the heart grow fonder." One of the girls raised her hand, and said "Love?--no, that's wrong, I meant to say Abstinence."
[ROFL]
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
In my sophomore year of high school I took a trip with the band to Orlando, Fl. Standing in line for a ride (I forget which) at Epcot Center, I overheard this exchange between a friend and a random passer-by (he was clearly American).

Random Passer-By: Where y'all from?
Friend: Hilo.
RPB: Where's that?
Fr: Hawai'i.
RPB: Oh...where's that?
Fr: ....In the middle of the Pacific Ocean...

There may have been more; I wouldn't know because I was rolling around laughing.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Man to tour assistant: "So, when will we be changing our dollars in for Alaskan money?"
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a bunch of us were hanging out a few years ago and someone mentioned that Mountain Dew caused low sperm count. Suddenly one girl got really quiet. Then she said "In girls too?"

[ROFL]

-o-

(FWIW, I think Augustine argued essentially this thread's titular assertion.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
(FWIW, I think Augustine argued essentially this thread's titular assertion.)

You're right; he did. But we don't like Augustine.

Actually, and more to the point, had my classmate thought of her question from the Augustinian perspective, there wouldn't currently be three internet forum threads paying homage to her ridiculousness. She didn't just mean that Socrates just followed a Christian-like philosophy; she thought that Socrates was actually a follower of Christ--a contention made impossible by the fact that Socrates lived over four hundred years before Christ.

And now back on track. Here are more:

• Amanda: "I had to save all my stuff today at work. They formatted my hard drive. I couldn't use it for like an entire hour."
    Wayne: "It took an hour ?"
    Amanda: "Yeah. Well, he had to format my printer too."
  • Teacher: "You need to know your symbolism for this test. Matthew is the man, lion is Mark, ox is Luke, eagle is John.
    Girl: Umm, is this .. a code?
    Teacher: They are the Apostles.
    Girl: Is this a children's story?
    Teacher: ... wuh ... It's Christian religious symbolism.
    Girl: Ohhh! I didn't know animals could become apostles!
    Teacher: Okay, I'll back up.
  • Friend 2: Fish don't eat other fish! That's cannibalism.
    Friend 1: No, big fish eat little fish, and little fish eat--
    Friend 2: But that's like Michael Jordan eating Tammy [our 4'8" Asian girl friend]!
    The rest of us: ...
    Friend 1: I think fish eat different species of fish.
    Friend 2: But Tammy and Michael Jordan are different species! She's a girl, a different race, and short!
  • guy: girl, what nationality are you?
    me: ...american.
    guy: ...
    me: you mean ethnicity?
    guy: yeah that
    me: korean
    guy: so what do you talk, like chinese or something?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
My motto: people are dumb.

I've never been proven wrong yet...

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
And are you a people? [Razz]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
My motto: people are dumb.

I've never been proven wrong yet...

That is very true. In fact, it has been proven that around half of the people in the world are below median intelligence.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? That's surprising...
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That is very true. In fact, it has been proven that around half of the people in the world are below median intelligence.
[ROFL] [ROFL] So true
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
What about the other half?
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
This one isn't so much stupid as just funny.

French professor: Qu'est-ce que tu as mange ce matin?
Kid: Uh--j'ai mange des oeufs.
FP: Combien?
Kid: ...
FP: How many?
Kid: Uh. They were scrambled.
FP: ...
Kid: Beaucoup?

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Palliard
Member # 8109

- posted      Profile for Palliard   Email Palliard         Edit/Delete Post 
From on old SNL skit with Steve Martin:

"I can't believe that out of all the conversations we've had, not one of you guys ever mentioned that hemlock is poisonous."

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fyfe:
This one isn't so much stupid as just funny.

French professor: Qu'est-ce que tu as mange ce matin?
Kid: Uh--j'ai mange des oeufs.
FP: How many?
Kid: Uh. They were scrambled.
FP: ...
Kid: Beaucoup?

Boy, oh boy! That sure is a knee-slapper! Hoo!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I love the "Here's your sign!" bit, but with this thread it certainly has a different flavor than the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, hehe.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend once asked if anyone else hated it when they accidently get toothpaste in their eye.

wow

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to my brother yesterday, and he told me about 4 stories that belong in this thread, just from his microbiology class.

Teacher: Then, after Lou Gehrig died from ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, as it's now known. . .

Joe (to the girl sitting next to him): Man, how'd he not see that coming?

Girl (dead serious): Yeah, that is a coincidence.

-----

Chad (yelling at his girlfriend): You are trash, Regan! T-R-A-C-H trash!

-----

Girl: Aren't you hot?
Jonas: This jacket has tiny perforations, not visible to the naked eye which makes it quite breezy.
Girl: ??
Jeff: He's not cold.

-----

JT: I'd like a bacon cheeseburger, plain. Nothing but meat and cheese.
Waitress: Do you want the bacon?
JT: Bacon's a meat.
Waitress: Oh, right.

-----

Girl: I don't think I'm going out tonight, I'm feeling kind of sick.
JT: Drinking will help you fight off the sickness. The alcohol kills the germs in your body.
Girl: Really?
JT: No.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Never underestimate the power and beauty of human stupidity. Jesse's Law I

"Hey, taking these pills isn't as bad as taking other drugs. I mean, a doctor prescribed them to somebody." Friend in high school who needed a lot of help.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime I see "Socrates" my mind says "So-crates", as in "Socrates Johnson."

Curse you Bill and Ted!

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
(Phone rings)A day at work
K: Thanks for calling Kodiaks this is K how can I help you?
C: Hi is this Kodiaks?
K: (Thinking: Um is there an echo in here?) Yes it is how can I help you?
C: Hi I was wondering if you have a turkey special today?
K: Yes we do it is Maple Turkey, bacon and provolon on multi-grain. If that is not what you are looking for you could also create your own turkey sandwich to your liking.
C: Oh that sounds good. I will take that but can I please have ham and not maple turkey?
K: (Thinking: You called to ask for a TURKEY special, which you claimed sounded good, but you want HAM!?!) You sure can, however I will not be able to charge you the special price because you change the meat. (Not sure this is a real rule but we were busy and she was annoying!)
C: That is fine. What soups do you have to come with that?
K: We have Chicken Pot Pie, Golden Broccoli and Cheese, Garden Veg and Chili
C: Do you have Chicken and Dumpling?
K: (Thinking: Ah yes I did in fact forget to tell you this soup) No not today
C: Okay I will take the sandwich with the pot pie and will be there in a few to pick it up

(15 min later when she came to get it)

C: Pick up order for C
K: yes it is right here can I get you something to drink?
C: Do you have Cherry Coke?
K: Yes
C: Okay I will take a medium Coke
K: I am sorry was that a coke or a cherry coke?
C: Just a coke. Do you have chicken and dumpling today?
K: (Thinking: yes we do I only tell our phone customers that as a joke...man I am funny but since you saw threw it I will get you your soup!) No not today
C: Will you have some later today?
K: (Thinking: I do often get out fresh soup to serve the last hour of us being open!) No usually on wednesdays we have some
C: Okay well I will stop in tomorrow to see if we have some

Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
  • guy: girl, what nationality are you?
    me: ...american.
    guy: ...
    me: you mean ethnicity?
    guy: yeah that
    me: korean
    guy: so what do you talk, like chinese or something?

"And now, just to reinforce your stereotype, I'm going to be forced to pummel your butt with kung-fu."
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
In my freshmen Texts and Traditions I class (lets us teach History and Literature together) everybody gets the lecture about choosing paper topics carefully. They had some girl years back whose thesis was that "Plato was not a good Christian" and the professors still groan thinking about it. I swear they'll be using that example for the rest of the college's history.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Teacher: Then, after Lou Gehrig died from ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, as it's now known. . .

Joe (to the girl sitting next to him): Man, how'd he not see that coming?

Girl (dead serious): Yeah, that is a coincidence.

[ROFL]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Shanna, I think I had that same essay! Except the theses was that Plato would not have believed anything as silly as Christianity, because he was "like, logical or something."

I would say that grading papers is one of my favorite places to find these little gems of wisdom.

Here are two of my favorites,
“If one of the ten commandments is thou shall not kill why did the Aztecs believe God would be happy w/ their sacrifices?”
“Why did Mary Tudor take the name Elizabeth I when she came to the throne?”

My all time favorite studentism I have taped up on my desk. In that essay the student wrote that the French do not like the United States to this day because the US failed to help the French in their revolution, and that furthermore Marie Antoinette was executed because she didn't know how to play nice, but this was ok, because women had recently gained the right to die.

Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Then, of course, there was the episode of The Man Show were Adam & Jimmy set up a booth with a big sign saying "End Women's Suffrage!" and got hundreds of signatures on their petition. Mostly from women.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Last week in my history class:

Teacher: Okay, since It's MLK day on monday, your homework will be due on tuesday.

Girl in my class: Wait...When was he president again?

Class: Laughter

Girl: Wasn't he the first black president?

An argument between class and girl ensues. The teahcer makes no effort to settle it, becasue he is too busy laughing.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got some notes on various favorite "student moments" I collected when I was teaching, but my favorite essay title ever comes from a student in an ESL class I taught at one point: A Time when I Less Than Perfect English Got Me Into Funny
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
In a US History course:

Teacher: In the 17th century, what was the main export of Newfoundland?

Student: Ice!

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Playing Taboo last night:

Juxtapose: "This...organism...uh...could be in your house..."
Me: "Llama!"
Juxtapose: "No, it's not an animal."
Me: "Cockroach!"
Juxtapose: "NOT an animal!"
Me: "Uh, cockroaches AREN'T animals." [Roll Eyes]

At which point he gave me a look that there can never, and will never be an emoticon for.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

...why was a llama the first thing you thought of?
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I don't actually remember what the first animal I shouted was - llama seemed like a fitting substitute?
Celaeno
Member # 8562

Silly erosomniac.

Here's one:
Back in my senior year of high school, my band traveled from Hawaii to California for the Holiday Bowl. We marched a parade, and in one of the pauses I heard a guy exclaim, "Wow! It's amazing that they can practice and get this good without electricity!"

lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
We were debating whether America should go to the metric system or not. There was an older woman in the class who was completely against it; everyone else agreed metric is better. Nothing could dissuade her from her opinion.

After much heated debate, the professor asked her why she was so opposed to the metric system. Her response:

"When I buy a a liter pop I want to know it's a litter of pop!!"

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Me: We'd like to serve a dinner for about 300 people.

Caterer: For that many I recomend our two meat buffet. You get two types of meat, two hot sides, a salad and a dessert.

Me: Great. One of our guests is allergic to pork, so we'd like to avoid that.

Caterer: In that case I recommed the baked ham and either the roast beef or the roast turkey.

Me: Ham is pork.

Caterer: Oh no, we have roast pork too -- they're seperate selections.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Cockroaches are members of the animal kingdom, though not mammals (or even vertebrates).

Sorry, erso, I think your friend was right. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Cockroaches most definitely are animals.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there an echo in here?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, how did you respond to that? I'd be speechless. And then I might have tried to explain to him, as if he was a 2 year old, why ham is pork, regardless of what their selection is.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.