FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Order of the Stick (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Order of the Stick
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I went to see what the OOTS community was saying, and this comic has shut the boards down because of the volume of traffic.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. i had to try three times just to get the comic.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Long live the Sapphire Guard!
Erm... long live the ghosties?

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they weren't strictly ghosts?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Spirits?
um...
Angels?
erm...
Holy ectoplasm?

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I fear though that the ghost-martyrs are the power for Soon...and when they are all killed (again) Soon will return to the higher planes.

Can Azure City be saved??

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
No. It failed its save.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I want my own puppet god.
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
I lost the plot ages ago - I'm just hoping somethig will happen soon that I understand.

The pictures are nice tho'...

[Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Where did you leave off anti_maven?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that sounds like a good excuse to reread the entire archives again. [Big Grin]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean you need an excuse to do that?

Darn....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me or has the site been down for a while now?

Hmm, it is just me, the Brown wireless network wants nothing to do with it, but I can still get it on my phone. That's odd, I haven't run into any other sites that have failed to load.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I check it several times a week (meaning every day) and it has been fine.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Norton/Symantec blocks a LOT of sites (and portions of sites) that other antivirus programs pass.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

And it didn't even flag that it had blocked the site (or portion). I think OotS, MindMistress, Hero were a few of the comics it blocked as well as most of MSNBC, CNN video, various Australian and European news site videos and slideshows, etc
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a OotS group at Dragon*Con . . .

They had Thog, and Naked Elan, and Redcloak, and the thing under the umbrella . . .

It was glorious.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year's OotS group. This year's was different outfits.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

V's gone down the path of the Dark Side!!
[Frown]

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0595.html

AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't mind that strip so much, but I'm a bit unhappy with him threatening Elan today.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
To quote the Lemonheads: It's a shame about Ray...

I wonder if this current story will ever resolve. I keep hanging in there just in case...

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

V's gender and sexuality have been deliberately left ambiguous. However V's explanation of Belkar's hate-or-lust categorization of his acquaintances gives strong hint she is female.
It ain't as if Belkar and Haley (or Roy) are known to be necessary to "prevent the End of the World" (her excuse for her relentless effort to find them). Which makes probable that her haggardness is due to her jonesing for her daily Belkar fix.

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
V's gone down the path of the Dark Side!!
[Frown]

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0595.html

You know, when something like this happens in real D&D groups, it's usually a cue that one of the characters is about to die, one way or another.

Though Nale may have headed that off with his cluelessness.

I'm hoping this can be chalked up to V's lack of sleep.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Nale? You mean Elan?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

What I got out of it was she wasn't really threatening him, just bluffing. That is supported by the fact that she just walked away.
Sterling
Member # 8096

Elan, right- Nale's the bad twin. My bad.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Aspectre

V's gender is still up in the air. Any time a character gives V a gender, Rich has said that that is only that characters view of V's gender.

This likely comes from the fact that V has roomed with Haley, and therefore Belkar thinks of V as a female. It does not mean that V is a female.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

NO!!!
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

I think V's going to be just fine...
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know dante, it didn't really work out for Raistlin either.

However V's step towards the way of the Majere however makes her ten times more awesome in my book, can she succeed where the Master of the Past and Present failed?

What I AM afraid of is her doing anything evil while in the gestalt, since its implied its not permanent, thus while as it is now the devils only get 3x (where x is time spent in the gestalt) time to do whatever with her soul, however if she loses control and say.... murders her family then shes condemned to the 9 Hells forever and not just for 3X.

Unless of course she finds a way to make the gestalt permanent then its all good.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Or evil, more accurately.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
For you maybe. Its all relative.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Not really.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all. In a world in which evil is actually manifest and goes around drawing up contracts, evil is definitely not a relative thing. [Smile] Unless you mean that your relatives are evil, which is certainly possible.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

I guess the evil would be all relative. Assuming she just slaughtered her family.

I'd be a little annoyed if V flat out switched to evil. The cards are stacked enough against the Stick; team evil doesn't need another ace up its sleeve.

Sterling
Member # 8096

Unfortunately, having explained a way V could accomplish his/her goals without the infernal bargain and assuring him/her multiple times that he/she is in control, the infernal threesome has very much set the stage for V's damnation. And the nature of the bargain as explained also seems to suggest that V's new powers won't be available when they're most needed. The latter, I suspect, may be V's last, best chance of turning from evil (out of a sort of spite.)
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
On the bright side, this could serve to be an excellent way to bring the team back together and solve about a half dozen plot problems all at once and bring it back down to just one or two.

One of those being V's dilemma.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.