FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I really miss Smash Mouth.

Author Topic: I really miss Smash Mouth.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought the greatest hits album (shut up) because it had the singles on it, and I liked the singles even though I never bothered to buy any of their other CDs.

I am now realizing that they have fun, catchy songs beyond the singles.

Oh, Smash Mouth. Why did you fall off the face of the earth?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
The music genre they played around in sort of died out. Which is very unforunate, it was a great sound.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw SmashMouth at the 9:30 club in D.C. when they first started getting big, and it was probably in the top five performances that I've ever seen. The energy level was so high, and they just rocked out. It's so sad that they've declined...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss them, But I miss Eve6 more. ::sigh:: I hate it when bands break up.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
They did All Star right? I've wondered what happenned to them.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Eve 6 broke up? [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Yeah, they did "All Star." My favorite song of theirs right now is, "Diggin' Your Scene." It rules.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
<raises eyebrow> I'd never think you a Smash Mouth fan, pH.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey now, you're an all star!! I like their "I'm a Believer" from Shrek. And the front man was kind of cute in a big guy with a heart way. Annnndddd back to quoting bad rap lyrics.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
<raises eyebrow> I'd never think you a Smash Mouth fan, pH.

I like all kinds of stuff. My recent music purchases include Smash Mouth, Jay-Z, Dream, Tonic, Our Lady Peace, Nine Inch Nails...

-pH

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss SmashMouth too. [Frown]

Some of my favorite song lyrics are in their song Wasted.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jennabean:
Hey now, you're an all star!! I like their "I'm a Believer" from Shrek. And the front man was kind of cute in a big guy with a heart way.

And, from what I understand, a really nice guy. One of my best friends is his cousin.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chveya
Member # 2623

- posted      Profile for Chveya           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I also had no idea that Eve 6 had broken up.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonic! [Smile]
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
ooo Tonic and Our Lady Peace, good groups.

I had no idea that Eve 6 broke up!!!

I also miss Smash Mouth. Maybe they will make a reunion album soon?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Buy the hits album. [Razz]

Also, check out Snow Patrol. They rule a lot. And Vex Red. And Alana Davis. But none of these sound like Smash Mouth. They sound more like Tonic or Our Lady Peace, I guess.

-pH

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I haven't thought about Smash Mouth in years. They were so big the summer after 5th grade. I can still remember sitting with my friends and knowing all the words. I hope they come back soon.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they break up or something? Wikipedia says that they have an album coming out this year.

link

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh I love Snow Patrol. "Run" is one of my favorite songs. I wish it got more air time.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Lyrhawn, you HAVE to listen to the first two albums, "Songs for Polarbears" and "When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up."

Also, apparently Smash Mouth's frontman is going to be on the Surreal Life. [Frown]

-pH

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I have a friend who probably has those, I'll have to ask her about borrowing them.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
As long as "Radio Disney" exists, Smash Mouth will receive daily radio play. [Wink]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I also miss Barenaked Ladies. The fun, peppy, overly bright BNL.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.