FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » HELLLLLLLLLP! DATING PROBLEMS! THE FLIRT TECHNIQUE! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HELLLLLLLLLP! DATING PROBLEMS! THE FLIRT TECHNIQUE!
boogashaga
Member # 8881

- posted      Profile for boogashaga   Email boogashaga         Edit/Delete Post 
How about this:

Tell someone that you know three (3) jokes about their job/occupation even though you don't know WHAT it is yet. When they tell you what it is you will have learned a little bit about them already. Then follow it up with stuff like this:

1) Why do authors (sorry there, OSC!) have large nostrils?
Answer: Because they have fat fingers.

2) Do you know how to save a drowning author?
Answer: (After they answer, "No.") Good!

3) What do you call 37 authors on the bottom of (Here you need to put the name of a local lake, ocean, bay, etc.)_________?
Answer: A good start!

At this point, you perhaps should apoligize for the humor ("A shamless series of jokes at your expense. Please forgive me.")and follow the council of someone who posted above and make a valid, real comment about the job or occupation given, showing real interest.

It could very well work. Who knows? Or do you think those jokes are too gross?

Posts: 101 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No. No.
Good GOD, no.

Here's how you flirt: NO JOKES.

Humor does not equal jokes. Jokes, in fact, are the DEATH of humor. Jokes are humor for toddlers and old people, and unless you want the person with whom you're flirting to think you're a toddler or a card-carrying member of the AARP, you'll stay well away.

What you want is WIT. This is like being clever, only it's easier to fake.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Tom,

You are a wit to wonder by, these past moments - nay months. Perhaps years.

The roll of your sly-fox tongue leads me to bleetings of exhaltation repleat with cuneiform canoodlings.

And, you have the fairest of eyes. Though I've never seen them. Perhaps, someday, they might blink upon my cowardly countenance with something less that derisement (?) and the so-called "stink-eye".

I bid you farewell, my fondest.

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*points up*
See, that's how you flirt. It won't get you in her pants, but it might make her look up the word "cuneiform," depending on her background.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wedge-shaped!

That was one of my vocabulary words a while back in Language Arts.

Anyways, good idea, I need wit!

Where can I buy wit? (Or is it possible to learn it, I think I already have a small amount of wit, but I get too nervous around her still, I need more confidence builders)

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
See, it's okay to be nervous. Sometimes, being stupidly nervous is what makes the flirting even better.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! But you see the thing is I'm stupidly quiet and nervous.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Well, work on that part. But don't worry about being nervous.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

is singing attractive?

what about dancing?

what about playing the guitar?

i cant sing well, but i like to think i can

i cant dance and when i try i usually gauge my suckiness before i try to dance then i just try to act goofy and do superwhite boy dancing

and i might eb able to learn the guitar

dropofTapioca
Member # 7867

- posted      Profile for dropofTapioca   Email dropofTapioca         Edit/Delete Post 
Alex, you might be interested in this 'flirt how-to' link :

http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html

I can't attest to the linky's quality, but i'd be interested to see what people think

Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

Thanks fo rthe link, I'll read it when I get home.
pH
Member # 1350

I don't think you should learn to play guitar just to impress a girl.

-pH

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you realize why most guys learn to play the guitar.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

No, I realize that a lot of guys learn to play the guitar to get girls. I just don't think it's a good idea.

But I also hate it when people play guitar or sing or otherwise perform for me.

-pH

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not saying that it's the best reason to learn to play. But any reason someone wants to teach themselves an instrument is alright by me. Hopefully he'll keep playing after he realizes it offers more than a way to break the ice with women (especially considering it's not that great at icebreaking).
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Flirting is not something that can be put on paper or learned from a book. Flirting is a state of mind. Flirting is letting go of your social inhibitions and enjoying a conversation with someone without actually thinking about the fact that you're having that conversation. Flirting is a smiling, smirking way of connecting with someone that only comes through trial and error practice. You'll only ever become good at flirting when you can say to yourself "I just want to talk to this girl. I'm not going to try and hit on her or be witty or anything, I'm just going to talk to her and get to know her. If I happen to be flirty while I do it, all the better for me."

Don't try it. Just do it. If you 'try' and do it, you'll just fail. You'll be too focused on what you are doing instead of being focused on the person you're talking to that it'll all just come out weird.

Seriously, just have a conversation with a girl and you'll be fine.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.