FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate EA Games (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hate EA Games
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I should say though, that if you choose to devote your energy towards games, I see that as just as 'respectable' as me devoting my energy towards building a network of close friends, regardless of distance. For me, it's worth it regardless of cost or inconvenience, while sitting in front of a computer screen all day quite simply isn't. If you see sitting in front of a computer screen interacting with other people through games as the most productive and enjoyable use of your time, and it makes you happy, I can think of no reason to urge you to do otherwise. Just don't let stupid little things like language, money, or distance stand in the way of you having a good time.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
When one lacks the means to do so sometimes one has no choice. I lack money or a car thus I can't make regular visits to where my friends live, so interecting over VOIP is the best thing I can do.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got Sims2 with University and Nightlife. Sometimes it take 1/2 hour to load that game - after shutting down everything that doesn't need to be running.

Yet, when I bought this computer, I knew it was at the low end of compatibility with the game (and was choosing a computer based on what would play the game). I had limited choices at the time, this computer qualified (barely), so that's what I got.

So, I deal with it. Yes, I would love to have a computer that runs Sims2 smoothly and quickly and takes less than 20-30 minutes to load the game. But it's not in my immediate future. I might be able to buy more RAM, though.

And, I'll choose my next computer to play the game (but hopefully have a better video card and/or more RAM).

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My computer however has a 160 GB hardrrive, X300 ATI sapphire, Pentium 4 3 Ghz, 1 GB of ram and a DVD-RW drive.

and windows XP it should run fine and it does, generally BUT I partitioned it the problem is that when I did so I didnt put enough space on windows drive, only 10 GB, I need 3 GB spare for it to patch which annoys me now and now I have to work partition magic to get it to work hopefully.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.