FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blayne! Go away! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Blayne! Go away!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
this issue strikes me as black and white every time it arises:
Theft is theft.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. There is a fundamental difference between copying something so that there are more in the world than there were before and stealing something so that you can have it but somebody else loses is.

Whether it's wrong or not is a different question, but saying that "theft is theft", meaning that copying software or music is exactly the same as stealing a stereo, is blatantly false.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why would I stand on a soup box?
To keep someone from stealing your soup?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
not ONCE IN THE ENTIRE TIME I'VE BEEN HERE have I seen such a low and deliberate insult to another forum member
Then you haven't been paying attention. KoM is quite often that deliberately insulting. The big difference is that this time he insulted you instead of those idiotic religious people.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. There is a fundamental difference between copying something so that there are more in the world than there were before and stealing something so that you can have it but somebody else loses is.
The only difference I see is that when you steal from someone (e.g. a stereo), your theft has one victim; when you copy something without paying for it so that there are more than the world, your list of victims includes everyone who had a hand in creating (or supporting the creation of) the product in question, every legal user of the product, every future user of the product, and every future user of every subsequent version of the product.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

As you say, they are not the same. They are very different things.

Saying that they are the same thing is a propagandistic falsehood.

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack, my girlfriend is about to be reasonable. She'll completely spoil my reputation. Ignore her.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
How many times have I told you not to call me that, KoM?
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
eros, you ho! You been cheatin' on me? Everybody knows you's MY woman. Now get yo'self back in the kitchen and bake me a pie! And bring me a beer!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princesska
Member # 8954

- posted      Profile for Princesska           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I demand that you recant or I will complain to Papa Janitor.
You're right; this has nothing to do with your manhood. (though here KoM, my boyfriend, adds that "Yes it does -- he's not man enough to do without things he can't pay for!")But anyway, I personally apologize for what you have now convinced me is a misfire.

However, you also called my boyfriend a newb. If you lived with him, and saw how often he goes on this darn forum, you would see that, if anything, he is not a newb! If you don't recant that, I won't recant having serious doubts about your intelligence and perceptual abilities.

quote:
Downloading a game one can't afford and able to do well in the sack are two completely different things, now I AM PISSED OFF AT YOU not ONCE IN THE ENTIRE TIME I'VE BEEN HERE have I seen such a low and deliberate insult to another forum member
Still, to quote the bard, "Methinks the lady doth protest too much." (Cliff Notes translation: "Stop overreacting. Geez!")
Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I am sorry for overeacting Princesska. and I am sorry for calling him a Newb I'm certain he'ld be quite challenging but alas, nothing can defeat my Panzers [Smile] I've only been beaten once and... that doesnt count.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princesska
Member # 8954

Apology accepted.

Personally, I am a newb, and have no opinion of Paradox or anything else computer-game related. I just got caught up in the fact that, Wow, flame wars are fun! But I'll try not to get caught up in that again.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

indeed considering certain male(s) are insecure and paranoid.

Now if only I can get on better terms with your boyfriend now.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Wow, flame wars are fun!
*cries*
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*climbs inside her soup box*
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*eyes soup* That looks tasty.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princesska
Member # 8954

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Now if only I can get on better terms with your boyfriend now.

As I understand it, the only way to get on better terms with KoM would be to stop distributing pirated copies of those games, and perhaps to even convince those who have already downloaded your copy to delete it.

Personally, I don't play these games so I could care less. I only know that this bothers KoM, and if he's going to be bothered, it should be of my own doing, gosh-darnit!

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
*eyes soup* That looks tasty.

only if it's ketchup soup.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Okay I only gave it to people in the People's Republic of China (where its illegal to own due to several contraversies) and people scattered across eastern europe who have no means of getting it in their own language. Thus I give it to them.

LOL, ya I know what you mean, though remember that applies in reverse sometimes. *remembers a RvB episode*

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, what do the Chinese have against soup?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Hot Soup.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow, complaining about one's manhood being insulted and then going on to say that nothing can beat my computer-generated German tanks is a bit...clashing?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Not at all just means I'm a compueter gamer nerd.

My manhood is perfectly functional or thats at least what all those hot woman tell me afterwards [Wink]

romanylass
Member # 6306

What game is that in?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

*falls over*

Okay it didn't actually happen, I'm waiting to get a job first then a girlfriend so I can pay for lunch and get her gifts... Radek keeps saying I should just go out and chat with them right away but I aim to think ahead here.

But trust me when I say I am not impotant, and its at least average sized.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

rofl
pH
Member # 1350

Blayne, I sincerely doubt that your lack of a job is the biggest obstacle to your getting a girlfriend.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
On the plus side, you don't speak the prevailing language of your home town, so you've got that working in your favor.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Downloading a game one can't afford and able to do well in the sack are two completely different things
I find it really sad that you equate manhood with pleasuring women (I assume) in bed.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

The only thing I can think of is jumping infront of a bullet to save someone and that I would do since I don't why I'm here in the first place.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime I read 'impotant' I giggle. Cause I think of the juxtaposition of the two words that it could mean.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

[Confused] I don't even think that's a coherent sentence.

Edit: Blayne's sentence, that is.

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Actually I've never tried to get one yet, well except this one vietnamese girl but turns out shes dating a friend of mine instead. Life sux.

Essentially its due to lack of trying but there are many girls however who have no problem hanging out and talking to me and several hug me upon sight.

pH
Member # 1350

If you think that just because a girl hugs you, she wants to date you, well, that's a whole nother set of problems right there.

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'll restate what I said; the only other attribute for manhood is imho is risking your life to save someone else's, that is something I would do in a heart beat. My life is important to no one, why should it matter if I live?

edit: no I mean that none have problems being around me, I dont equate hugging with datishnish srry for the mixup.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
What makes this all the more tragic is that when the Chinese finally conquer Canada, they'll put Blayne in charge.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Girls LOVE low self-esteem! It makes us all hot and bothered. Oh yeah, baby. Tell me again how worthless you are.

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Hey, why not? I'll finally be able to put the french in their place. [Big Grin]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Am I understanding you correctly that the only things that contribute to someone's manhood are A) sex and B) dying?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Being told your worthless over and over again for 12 years eventually does that to you.

"A Lie told often enough becomes the truth" - Vladimir Lenin.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Excuse but being someone who has only movies, rumurs, books and videogames to rely on I really have no idea but a hunch what manhood is.
pH
Member # 1350

Well, fine, but girls aren't going to jump all over that. If YOU think you're worthless, then what do you think of US that we're willing to date you?

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Girls who are willing to date me are the most beautiful and kind people on the planet. Aren't I great at flattery [Big Grin]
pH
Member # 1350

No, dude. Girls aren't going to go for that. I HATE dating guys who think very little of themselves. It's ridiculous. If you're such an awful person, why should I waste my time?

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'm not awful, many people said that they think I'm not a malicious person, I just get paranoid sometimes. Sometimes as I look back, I wonder what I lost.
pH
Member # 1350

Okay, so you don't think you're awful. You just think you're worthless.

Again, girls don't go for that. Girls like confidence.

-pH

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, hey, at least he's got an accurate self-image.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'm confident that I know more history then most people, I'm confident in my ability to argue test wise (my verbal ir horrible), and I'm confident in my ability to shoot down a F-35B in a J-10 [Big Grin]

I'm confident in video games but once I start losing sometimes it hits me psycologically and I give up once I start really losing and I feel there is no way to win.

However, I've been thinking of some things recently, helping people with their problems has finally rubbed off on me, I just... I can't explain it. I remember back in elementary school I was on good terms with everyone, there were no nerds or jocks, just us vs them (boys vs girls lol [Big Grin] )

But, throughout high school everything changed, I became a loner, I didn't like hanging out wiht people except Chris, Tiff, James and a few others playign Magic and 1 failed attampted at D&D. But things polarized all the people I could've hung out with became hostile and cruel, and my circle of close friends shrunk.

I graduated not going to any event, field trip or prom/dance. I tried to ask one girl but I was too shy.

Grade 9 was probly my peak of academic performance since i had a friend to compete with.

Then I graduated, Abbott barely accepted me due to many mishaps and confusion.

And now here I am, failed 4 course in total for the first time, 1 french, 1 gym, 1 linux, and 1 Visual Basic 6.0.

I wanted to go into History but was nagged out of it, I was told by my parents that there's no demand and my mom later on goes "you gave up too easily" and said something that pissed me off right afterwards.

I made some friends, mostly friends I could play games with, I joined a Student Newspaper and I review games (Halo was a disappointment btw). And I met some christians who are nice and are fun to hang out with.

I'm just feeling depressed these days. I'll move out probly after summer. Get rid of the distractions and try to focus on academia.

pH
Member # 1350

You have to be confident with girls if you want to attract them.

Seriously.

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I will thanks for the advice.

KoM, is THERE ANY WAY that we can be friends?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.