FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Defend Your Castle

Author Topic: Defend Your Castle
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
here

Caution: very addicting... and stick figures have more blood than you might think. [Razz]

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Splat. Ick. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
The fools! Their frontal assault fell right into my plans.

Does this game become a challenge at some point?

Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, eventually they start rolling in siege weaponry, and the game becomes obnoxious amounts of hard, because they start killing off your archers faster than you can convert soldiers to replace them.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually its pretty easy. Around level 12 or 13 REALLY big guys that you can't just pick up and throw come. But its more than possible to have a mana pool and mages who can blow their silly arses into oblivion by then. And then it just becomes a kinda dull blood fest. I got to lvl 31 or 32 one game. By 20 I had gotten enough archers that they never made it onto the screen. So I just left it running, advancing level every so often when I noticed it had finished one. At around level 31 I got tired of it and closed it down. They still weren't making it onto the screen. Just the occational blood splat off the right of the screen.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

I don't think you lose soldiers unless your unit upkeep is higher than your spendable points. Right now I've got 53 wizards and have had them for a long time.

Stage 26, and they barely nicked my castle.

Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
As flash games go, I like this one better. http://gprime.net/game.php/thewayoftheninja
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I got bored after level five...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see how anyone can get to level five. I'd sooner watch grass grow.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It gets pretty intense around level 7 or 8. They start coming fast. By 13 or 14 they're coming so fast that you'd never be able to stop them were it not for your wizards and archers.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I had 3 wizards and 6 archers and hella good mouse coord, but the big guys came and before I knew what happened...it was over.

Fun though.

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get past level 11 or 12. They start killing off like 25 archers a round, even though they didn't touch my walls. After that, I just can't keep up, since I can only convert about 5 or so per level. What am I doing wrong?
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but I'm only interested in defending the Grass Castle. [Wink]
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol I'm playing now. Can someone explain to me how the archary (which I purchased and has so far done nothing) actually works? And the Demoliton Lab for that matter?
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

I never used the demolition factory, so I can't help you there.

As far as the archery building:

Have you built the temple? You'll need that to convert enemy soldiers to your side. Pick one up and drop him into your castle, after a short amount of time he'll be converted. Then click on the red flag and your convert will become an archer.

Also, make sure you don't spend more points than you'll need for unit upkeep in the next round, otherwise you'll lose the units you can't afford.

Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
This game stole 4 hours of my life. I ended up cheating and changing the saved settings. On Level 999 it never ends until hundreds of guys come at you all at once and work to destroy you. There is no way to get past level 999, and I had 999 archers, 999 craftsmen, and 999 wizards. Now, do you really want to play knowing that there is no princess at the end to thank you?
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
For the demolition factory you click on one of the converts shown at the upper right, under your castle's HP bar. He'll go running out the front gate with dynamite and then you can click on him to blow him up. Good for clearing out large groups or the tall guys.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm at stage 29, my castle has 140,000+ hit points. I'm at 214 archers and 70 wizards and 70 workers. I quit converting people several levels ago and it plays all by itself. It wasn't until I figured out that you had to have enough money before you started the round to upkeep your troops that I finally quit having them die on me. It was all downhill from there [Smile]

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, I love it when the wizards just kill anything and evrything on the map. Repeatedly.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.