FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RIP Detroit Zoo - (Please Sign the Petition to Save it) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: RIP Detroit Zoo - (Please Sign the Petition to Save it)
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have high hopes they will find a way to save it now. They are talking about turning over operations to the DZS, but also about expanding the tax base that supports the zoo to the surrounding suburbs, which I think is perfectly reasonable. Except, I think that with that transfer of operating power needs to come a transfer of ownership to the Detroit Zoological Society as well.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that one member of the City Council actually called for a boycott of the suburbs. Sorry but, the suburbs could survive a boycott from Detroit, I don't think however, that the same is true the other way around, and were they to do that, It'd be a long time before I spent money in Detroit again.

Ron - Really? I work in Troy. Have you ever been to Champps Americana? Nice to see someone on here is a neighbor [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
My father was a manager at the Lakeside Mall in SH MI, and I grew up in Utica two blocks fro Hall and Van Dyke.

aspectre, have you ever even been to Walter Reed? I have, 12 years ago, and it was too small and too old even then. The proposed new facility will be better for everyone, and be a cutting edge facility...

....crackpot politics notwithstanding.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to love the glass elevator at Lakeside when I was a kid. I haven't been there in forever now.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn, I have never been to Champps Americana.

A number of contributors to the Detroit News Online Forum are saying: "Close Detroit; keep the Zoo open." It kind of expresses the exasperation a lot of us feel.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I used to love the glass elevator at Lakeside when I was a kid. I haven't been there in forever now.

Ditto.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.