FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Teenage Mutant Ninja Remake

Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Remake
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... this is news to me. I seriously doubt it will come out in 2007 at this rate.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I was obsessed with these guys when I was about five years old. It was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dr. Who and Star Trek all the way.

My parents wouldn't buy me the action figures, so I made my own out of clay and painted them green. Their arms and legs kept falling off, but I'd just happily glue them back on.

I was a geeky child. [Blushing]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLM
Member # 7800

- posted      Profile for JLM           Edit/Delete Post 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

They're the world's most fearsome fighting teens
They're heros in a half shell and they're green
When the evil shredder attacks
These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack

Splinter tought them to be ninja teens
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines
Raphael is cool, but rude
Michaelangelo is a party dude

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...

Posts: 157 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. This is going to be awesome. I'm still in love with the live action versions, though. But, either way, this should be good.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
We just watched several episodes in our continuing quest to make college as much like preschool as possible. That was such a great show! Why don't they make kids shows that good anymore?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
We just watched several episodes in our continuing quest to make college as much like preschool as possible.

You have no idea how true that statement is. [Wink]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Oh, I really do.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
They had a 2003 version of the cartoon series as well. Basically they changed things from the original TV series, which as we all know, is bad and wrong, so it wasn't very good.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, if you want to talk about changing the original content, the 2003 series is apparently much closer to the original comics, which the late 80s/early 90s series is actually a departure from. Or so I've read. I watched the latter as a child, and have seen a bit of the 2003 version, but never read the comics.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw I miss the old movies. Nothing will ever beat them in my mind.

Especially Splinter at the end of the first and second one, "I made a funny, ha ha ha!"

Oh, you dirty rat you.

"I made another funny!"

I used to LOVE TMNT when I was a kid. My mom took my brother and I to see the live on stage performance after we burned out both our copies of the soundtrack. Now THAT makes me, at 21, feel old.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember watching the live action ones when I was younger and they were pretty fun.

However, every once in a while I stop in my tracks and ask...

"teenage...mutant....ninja...turtless???"

Double yew tee eff??

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel that same way, but I liked it pretty good as a kid. Of course I never got up early enough to watch Saturday Morning Cartoons... :/
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
After studying operant conditioning, I found it very amusing that the master, a rat, was named Skinner.
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
After studying operant conditioning, I found it very amusing that the master, a rat, was named Skinner.
[Big Grin] Kinda like the first time you watch Sesame Street as an adult and realize why Big Bird's teddy bear is named "Radar". [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly! [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles

Read to get some information on the original comics. I've seen a few of the originals and they were a lot darker than the television show.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
And apparently April was black.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I was more interested in playing with the action figures than in watching the show. I don't mind watching the new cartoon every once in a while.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by neo-dragon:
Actually, if you want to talk about changing the original content, the 2003 series is apparently much closer to the original comics, which the late 80s/early 90s series is actually a departure from. Or so I've read. I watched the latter as a child, and have seen a bit of the 2003 version, but never read the comics.

I had a friend who was really into them, he had TWO copies of every comic...one to read, one to collect still in the plastic.

You are right, the comics were NOT the same as the series...they were darker in tone, and were really started as a very sarcastic comment on superheros and comics in general. It was nto ever suppose to become commercial, but of course it did, and all of the edge was lost and it became the very thing it was mocking.

I moved to MA later in life, and oddly enough met one of them in Northampton, one of my friends had known him his whole life. They were from Northampton, it turns out. I don't remember which one I met, but he seemed really down to earth.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Which teenage mutant ninja turtle are you?
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet I'm Donatello.....

*hits submit button*

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
MWa ha ha ha ha!
68% Donatello!

I'm sooo good!

I think it was mostly because my favorite color is purple and I like technology.

I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

When I was in third grade I learned how to draw them really well. So well that I remember my fellow students surrounding my desk just to see my drawings of them. [Smile]

I hope the movie is good and not cheezy.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

The cartoons were cheesy though. Horribly. That was one of the things we noticed when we watched as (well, I won't say adults....). But it made it cool too. I liked the cheesiness.
Jack Bauer
Member # 9182

- posted      Profile for Jack Bauer   Email Jack Bauer         Edit/Delete Post 
The first movie pretty closely matched up with several of the first issues of the black and white comics, although it was Leonardo who originally got beat up when they fled to the ranch instead of Raphael.

However, when they came back to New York in the comics, they fought Triceratops-looking aliens in the sewers to get to Shredder, instead of regular foot soldiers.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coccinelle:

Skinner? Splinter? Wha?
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, every once in a while I stop in my tracks and ask...

"teenage...mutant....ninja...turtless???"

Double yew tee eff??

Even worse are the many attempts in the early 90's to play off the popularity of TMNT with more unusual animal combinations, e.g. "Biker Mice from Mars."
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

Oh that's so sad. It is Splinter. For years now I've thought his name was Skinner. Skinner would have been so much more fun.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Long live Lord Krang and the Technodrome!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryuko:

And apparently April was black.

Was that in the Wikipedia article? It says that Baxter was originally black, but nothing about April.

I had no idea the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turutles had recently gotten big again. It's unfortunate that the new movie won't be live action since the special effects would be a lot better now.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, a Mac compatable trailer !
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked that trailer.

Although it made me wonder why they were posing in an alleyway.

Then I berated myself severely for wondering about things that are clearly self-explanatory.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.