FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A letter of Complaint, or I need help determining a topic

Author Topic: A letter of Complaint, or I need help determining a topic
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My assignment is to write a 200-500 word letter of complaint, should I write a letter of complaint about writting letters of complaints or should I complain about EA games?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should write an open letter of complaint to Hatrack for everyone refusing to help you with your homework. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't have said it better myself, Karl.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I am not asking people to write in fact I'm writing both letters but I'm wondering which one to hand in.

And yes I think I will do that Karl. [Big Grin]

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd stray away from the letter of complaint about letter of complaint. I can imagine about 4 or 5 people doing the same thing.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
I'd stray away from the letter of complaint about letter of complaint. I can imagine about 4 or 5 people doing the same thing.

I've got it, do a letter of complaint about all the people who are doing letters of complaint about the letter of complaint.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Or, rather than complain about complainers, complain about the people who have it so good that they have nothing to complain about. There must be a couple.

Mmm...actually, ricree's idea is better.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to complain about the weather. [Dont Know]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
You could write as someone from this board complaining about all your meaningless threads.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute. Hold on now! You say that you're, what, 18? So you are, what, a senior in high school? And THIS is your assignment?

Either you are in some very lame school, or you are lying about your age.

'Fess up.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Complain about how the world owes you a free lunch and it's past 1:00 already.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

College, and I'm supposed to write a letter of complaint this is for my englesh class, we learn about how North America oppresses the Indians.
Ender12
Member # 8873

- posted      Profile for Ender12   Email Ender12         Edit/Delete Post 
i thought i wrote badly!
Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
College, and I'm supposed to write a letter of complaint this is for my englesh class, we learn about how North America oppresses the Indians.

Given that post, if you ask me, that English class has much bigger problems than teaching you how to write a letter of complaint.

What are they teaching at that college? I remember a history prof of mine last semester railing on about how high schools don't teach kids how to write anymore, and history departments are having to spend whole semesters more or less teaching kids remedial paper writing skills that they should have learned their junior and senior years in high school.

Write a letter of complaint to the government of Canada for not letting Quebec become their own country. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

NO NYET NEVER! It owuld be an absolute disgrace if Quebec became its own country. 51% of us voted NO and its NO, if it were only 49% then it would still be NO because thats how democracy works.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Disgrace to whom? That's a fairly narrow margin. Is that the margin of the vote in all of Canada or just in Quebec? I confess I don't know as much about it as I should considering I'm probably related to 50% of the people living there.

quote:
51% of us voted NO and its NO, if it were only 49% then it would still be NO because thats how democracy works.
Maybe that's how CANADIAN democracy works. [Wink]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Lyr, the way Canadian anything works doesn't count. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're missing the point of the exercise if you try to write a clever little complaint about something rather broad.

Complaint letters are specific things describing a situation, explaining why it's the recipient's fault, and telling them exactly what they must do to correct the situation. There are lots of good examples on the web.

Complaining about life misses the point: a complaint letter is a request for action from someone capable of taking that action.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
My friend is French-Canadian. I don't know the difference.

Vote YES for Quebec! [ROFL]

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for the EA Games option, because there's plenty there worth complaining about. Read Dag's post though: If you're writing a "letter of complaint" about EA Games it should be a letter to EA Games specifying how they've wronged you and what action you would like taken. It's not just a generic essay "Why EA Games Sucks!"

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I wrote a letter of complaint to Taco Bell a couple weeks ago because they got rid of the Chili Cheese Burrito, and I feel personally offended by that.

I keep that friggin Taco Bell location in business with my visits, and they get rid of my CCB?

Have yet to receive a response.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I concur with Enigmatic. You seem to be pretty passionate with your complaining about EA Games.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn darling, are you sure they've actually gotten rid of the Chili Cheese Burrito? I have often looked at a fast food menu and been dismayed to find my favorite item taken off the menu, but when I order it, it is still available. Just not mentioned on the menu.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm positive. I NEVER look at the menu, I just order what I usually get, and have been informed several times (I'm persistant) that they have discontinued the Chili C heese Burrito. I asked why, seeing as how it can't be that hard to stock a pan of chili for day's worth of burritos, and was informed that menu changes ofter occur as a matter of course, and room had to be made for more popular items.

That's just junk too. When I was younger they got rid of the beef burrito, and later replaced it with the big beefy burrito, but it was nowhere near as good. But then came out with the CCB, which is/was delicious! But now it too is gone. Taco Bell is NOT a loyal establishment.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The CCB was called the Chillito in some restaurants.

It went away for about a year - cut my Taco Bell attendance by 2/3. I think it's still here, although I haven't been in about a month.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hatrackers are eating too much Taco Bell and Ramen Noodles. Have some broccoli, why don't you?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ooo, now I want some broccoli au gratin. Best thing ever.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad I can't SMELL this thread.....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister in law makes the most wonderful broccoli casserole with broccoli, rice and cheese. Mmmm... Of course, smothering broccoli with cheese does take away some of the health benefits of eating it in the first place.

I'm thrilled that all my kids love broccoli and we eat it at least once a week, usually twice. We steam it a little bit, not too much, and sprinkle just a touch of lemon pepper seasoning on it. Everyone in the family loves it that way.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

quote:
Hatrackers are eating too much Taco Bell and Ramen Noodles. Have some broccoli, why don't you?
Broccoli in ramen works quite well, actually. Just dump some in the water while it's boiling.
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok well, food aside for a moment, I'd vote for the EA games complaint letter.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.