FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » cool date

Author Topic: cool date
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
On Wednesday of this week, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00
in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

That won't ever happen again.

(except for 12 hours later)

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
sure it will. in 1 thousand years it will be

01:02:03 04/05/3006 [Wink]

(and 12 hours after that)

Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
If you write your dates like I often do, you can also still look forward to 060504 03:02:01 on May 4th.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you write dates like that? I see it sometimes and I don't know why.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
That is really cool. Im going to get all excited about it now. And then forget all about it come wendesday.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Originally posted by airmanfour:
Why do you write dates like that? I see it sometimes and I don't know why.

I write dates like that any time I want the date to be a search term and I want it to fall in chronological order.

If you use a date for a file name and write the dates like Jan 06, Feb 06, Mar 06, they will be mixed up if you sort them alpha-numerically. Same with dates like 12-20-06, 06-21-03, 06-19-05, 12-16-01. But if you write them yymmdd, they will sort alphanumerically and be in chronological order (at least within the century. If you're dealing with more than one century, you have to use the whole year:

19971216_lease.doc
19981220_lease.doc
20020105_lease.doc
etc.

OR

0501expences.xls
0502expences.xls
0503expences.xls

Which wouldn't sort chronologically if written:

"Jan05expences" or "05 Jan Expences"

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh. That explains it. Thanks a lot!
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this thread was going to be about an enjoyable social outing!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, Uprooted! Maybe we should ask someone out for that time, and make it that sort of date as well. Who do I know who is geeky enough to think that would be cool? [Razz]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That day (Wed.) also happens to be Ketchup Princess' second birthday. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
My lawyer dates things just like KarlEd, and it used to confuse the heck out of me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
That has got to be the funniest "Today's Active Post" I've seen!

I saw, "Cool Date", and thought (like Uprooted) that it was about social outings ... and then I saw,

"My lawyer dates things just like KarlEd".

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [Laugh] [ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

<snicker>
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
MandyM
I'm hoping that on this top post, you copied/pasted that information from somewhere else and began the thread here...

...because I just saw an e-mail here at work that had that exact wording about this cool date, and I'm hoping that doesn't mean that someone else here browses Hatrack -- but that instead they also picked up that info somewhere else on the web.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
A quick google search puts that quote on NRVToday.com, on the right hand of the screen. Its got the same wording.

http://www.nrvtoday.com/content/view/4081/1/

Also, someone posted on the EA forums with it.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, someone emailed that to me.

LOL about the date thing. I could tell you a date story but it wouldn't be very exciting. Last time my hubby and I got a night alone we bought a frozen lasagne and a new video game at Walmart. It doesn't take much to thrill us.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.