FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cartoon Adapted to Film

Author Topic: Cartoon Adapted to Film
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
A number of cartoons are being adapted for movies. Some are live action and some aren't.

Some recent news on that topic:

The Simpsons get a kick start.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
The next three years will see a cavalcade of cartoons/anime turned into movies.

I'm awaiting Transformers with cautious optimism.

And some of the anime being turned into live action films, cautiously optimistic about many of those. DBZ is not one of them.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Evangelion! [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm personally eager for James Cameron's "Battle Angel" live action adaptation.

I have "Ghost in the Shell" reserved for me as soon as I get out of film school. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Alita is one of the coolest characters ever!!! Sorry, nerd-dom took over for a moment.
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
this is a test clip from the transformers movie.

Transformers

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The transformations need some smoothing over at this point. They seem kind of...jerky.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxsockeh
Member # 9186

- posted      Profile for xxsockeh   Email xxsockeh         Edit/Delete Post 
xxxHOLiC is becoming a movie...unsure if it already is in Japan. I heard it's coming to the US. Which prob'ly means it's coming to Canada. Can. Not. Wait.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The transformations need some smoothing over at this point. They seem kind of...jerky.
Um... they're robots. [Wink]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
Um... they're robots. [Wink]
I know that. But if they want to convince me that the technology is possible and realistic, they'd best work on the smoothness of the transformations.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
You try to transform into something else without some resistance from your body and jerking around.

Besides, The Transformers are aliens. It's not technology as much as a way of life.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't there a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie coming out at some point?
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been a fan of the Quintessons. They created a huge galactic empire and Cybertron was just a small factory moon for them.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that transformers video a while back. I heard it was just by a fan, not anyone actually associated with the movie.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems so, Bella Bee.

2007, apparantly...

EDIT - I saw the Transformers movie again a few years ago and was amazed to recognize Weird Al's, "Dare to be Stupid," as part of the soundtrack. It was so incongruous.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
it could be but why would someone go through the trouble to put Property of ILM in the bottom right hand corner?

oh steve the Original cartoon the transformations where that jerky.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Yes, but this is live action and not 1986.
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Alita is one of the coolest characters ever!!! Sorry, nerd-dom took over for a moment.
Jim, I'm not an illistrated book reader. Could you tell me who "Alita" is? I named my oldest daughter Alita. It is a fairly common Philippino name. It is also Atila (as in Atila the Hun) spelled backwards. It was Atila's mother's name. Although it is spelled differently in different European languages. I found the name in Alabama and have been interested in finding out about it.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.