FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What do you want back? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What do you want back?
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gosh darn it, I want Samara back from Poland. That's the third war I've lost in a row.
It's good to be the king . . .

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GodSpoken
Member # 9358

- posted      Profile for GodSpoken           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'll have to fight for my right to a piece of Denmark. My fief-slumlord ancestor got out of Denmark under his wife's hoop skirt.

What I really want back is some civility, and it's not gonna happen until I can relocate. Alas.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Zalmoxis, didn't you create a thread about the place at one point?

I think so. It may not have been here, though.

Surprising how fresh the wound still seems after finding that Web site again (had to look for it too -- which says something right there). I thought that I had gotten over it at least a bit.

Edit to add: And, you know, it's not really that the house is no longer in the family. I certainly wouldn't be able to do anything with it, and I really wouldn't want to see any of my family members living there -- Kanab is a great place to visit or perhaps to retire too, but it has some issues.

Indeed, if some funky writer or eco-lawyer or retired librarian/school teacher was living in the place, that'd be great. It's seeing a house that is unique and hand-built (and that I have a connection too) gentrified and commoditized and rent out to people who can drop $159 a night to have their little pseudo-spiritual, get-in-touch with the mystery of the desert, and/or hang out with the freaky animal people vacation.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.