FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Her Royal Heinz-ness has arrived! ***NOW WITH PICS*** (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Her Royal Heinz-ness has arrived! ***NOW WITH PICS***
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! That's wonderful news! [Smile]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not up for a lot of posting right now. But a few things:

1) Niamh does indeed rhyme with "leave", "peeve", etc. Feel free to complete jump rope rhymes at will.

2) I had the best. epidural. EVER.

3) Emma seems to be adjusting better than I'd hoped, and is actually a big helper, wanting to pick things up for me, give the pacifier to the baby, and help push the bassinet. We'll see how it goes tonight

4) Bridey does indeed have hair-- plenty of it! It's dark blond/light brown, which I think will be about my color when all is said and done, or maybe a little darker but with blond highlights. Alas! Her hair is also extremely coarse and curly (for baby hair); so curly, in fact, that it sticks up on the top. (That part is pretty cute.) I think she is going to have my wild curls. (That's what we get for giving her an Irish name, I guess, she ends up with the Irish curl genes!) Eyes are blue around the edges, gold-grey in the middle (she has the family eyes-- mine-- multi-colored with a clearly demarcated ring in the middle. What this will mean when she gets older, I don't know yet.) She has a much stronger chin than Emma, more like mine. She has cheeks that are even chubbier than Emma's were. She is not as jaundiced as her sister was, but will still have to be tested in a few days. She has bruising on her face and a bloodshot eye (or two?), same as I did when I was born. APGAR was 8 and 9 because it took three pushes (about 2 minutes?) to get her out, and the cord was wrapped around her neck, so she was a wee bit blue, but that cleared up once they successfully suctioned her lungs.

I'm gonna go eat now. I'm hungry!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, ketchups!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Epidurals are indeed awesome.

APGAR of 8 and 9 is fantastic, especially considering the cord being around her neck.

I'm so glad to hear that Emma is adjusting well - what a sweetie pie.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Glad everything went well.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
She sounds beautiful. And I am sure Emma will be a wonderful big sister. [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, pictures.

Here's a "before" picture.

You may notice that my tummy had gone waaay down since most of the fluid was out by the time I was 5 cm dilated. Oh, and that I am quite happy-- I mentioned my wonderful epidural, right? I felt no pain from the time it went in (before they started cranking the pitocin up to a really effective level) until I started moving fast (right around 5-6 cm), gave it a little bump, felt very little (just a pinching sensation from the pressure, which registered as mild pain, but I was numb enough to not feel it much), started hurting again at the very end (quoth the nurse, "Well, no wonder you're feeling it again! You're 9 cm!"), gave it another little bump, and twenty minutes later made Jeff turn off the tv and told the nurse, who had just called the doctor in, that I was having to resist the urge to push. The doctor checked me, said, "We're at plus 2! Let's have this baby!" and three pushes later, she was born. I felt just enough to push effectively. We spent most of my labor playing Hangman, listening to music and chatting (I sang along a bit while Jeff rested), and watching M*A*S*H, which was the only decent thing on that time of day, when we got bored. The wave is for the benefit of Hatrack. Don't you feel special? [Big Grin] (Yes. I'm an addict. I was thinking of you while I was in labor.)

I had some heavy bleeding afterwards, so my immediate recovery was not as I had anticipated (although the aftereffects of the treatment are pretty nice for the most part), but more on that in a later post, I want to finish this before it's time to nurse again.

Now on to more pictures.

Here's the first picture ever of Bridget. The world is a little chilly for her, apparently. She didn't like being measured, either. The swaddling, she liked much better (unlike her sister.) She was very hungry, and rather impatient for me to get my gown unsnapped (yes, the gowns were breastfeeding-friendly, unlike the ones at Presbyterian of Dallas! Yet another difference in a CA birth in a rather upscale part of town... More on that in a later post, too.) But once she ate a while, she was quite happy to be with Abba, who burped her. She is QUITE the burper, although it takes a while sometimes. They are LOUD.

Once we got upstairs, Jeff went with her to the nursery, where she was footprinted and shampooed, among other things. She began to look a little happier when she was clean, and was rather sleepy. Here you can see the bruising on her face a little better; she was rather banged around because her head was so big and she was born so fast, apparently. (However, the doctor is very good even with big babies, and I only got one small tear, no episiotomy.)

She was asleep when my aunt Linda, who works in that hospital, dropped by, so we have no picture with her. But we do have one with her first "official" visitor, her Grandma Pam (my mom), who brought Ems by (she had watched her all day.) Then she met her grandpa (my dad) and her grandma Sheri (my dad's fiancé.) The next day, her great-grandma, my Grandma Katie, came by to see her. When Emma met her, she was scared at first, but warmed up, especially after she noticed how the baby looked at her whenever she talked. But she got a little jealous of Abba (not of me-- she was just grumpy at me for leaving her, but seems to see me taking care of babies as normal), and wouldn't sit next to him and the baby, but insisted on sharing a lap. She did enjoy the See-gar (a chocolate cigar from See's, of course) that she got to celebrate, though.

I had a rather rough night last night; I can't believe that I keep developing new reactions to medicines. But again, more on that another time. So the next picture I've got is Bridey in her going-home outfit, which Emma chose in the store for her. And here's one of her once she was all buckled in and tucked in and ready to go home. Last but not least, here's one of her and Ems in the car, right before we went home. Emma did really well.

So, that's it for now. I'll elaborate more later, but I figured the pics were the most important. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
If you could only see the huge grin on my face...it looks like this: [Big Grin]

Ketchup-gradulations! She's beautiful, and is a very lucky girl to have Emma as a big sister. Tell the big girl thank you from her "Auntie" Rayann for being such a good helper for Mama. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that made me smile.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! Cute!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I was right - she is beautiful! [Big Grin]

Sorry to hear about your bleeding and reactions, KQ. [Frown]

Has KPC managed to get some time off work? Pamper KQ time!

And congratulations again to the whole ketchup family. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] She's gorgeous, and I'm so happy for you. I hope you feel a little better with the meds, but in the meantime, enjoy the newest member of your family!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Many mazels in your direction!
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww [Big Grin]
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing all those pictures. Wonderful!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - you all look so great! She's a very pretty baby. I'm glad Em is enjoying being the big sister. [Smile]

Get some rest, if you can.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful baby, and Emma is such a sweetie-pie!
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the whole family!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchupqueen, you are amazing to get all those pictures posted shortly after giving birth! Beautiful baby, and a whole new world for Emma now!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Bridget is adorable. I'm glad everything went well.

I just love the pictures of her all bundled up. Cute cute cute!

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww. [Smile]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, she is simply gorgeous. And with such awesome burping skillz, there's no telling how far she will go.

Congratulations! Big hugs to Emma!

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Ketchup Fam!! [The Wave]
She is so adorable. I especially like the picture with her and Emma in the car. Cute Pooh hat!!
How is Emma liking Bridget?
My mom told me that when I was born my brother told her to take me back to the hospital. What a nice brother. [Big Grin] [Smile]

Edit: My brother-in-law and his wife had their first child just this morning. We have yet to see pictures and are excited for them.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh. She's just beautiful! Is there anything more innocent, sweet, or precious than a newborn baby? You've gotten me all teary-eyed over how big SSB is already. Give her a kiss for me. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

My mom sends congrats, too! [Smile]
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
How cute! [Big Grin] Glad to hear you're all safe at home.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Congrats KQ! I can't believe it's been nine months. I guess I will check the top of the thread to make sure I'm not mistaken or crazy.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...cuteness!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Lovely!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a beautiful family.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
That is one beautiful baby!! Congratulations!
Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Echo and I would like to let you know that the baby is adorable. Congrats.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
So what makes a beautiful baby? Out of curiosity, are there ugly babies? I think all babies are cute, but what makes a baby beautiful as far as everyone else is concerned? Does baby beauty translate to adult beauty? hmmmm.. ponder.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
How exactly do you pronounce Bridey? Is it Bree-dee or Brid (like grid)-ee? She is so very precious I can't stand it.

Orincoro, a healthy baby is a beautiful thing, but some babies are better looking than others. The same things apply to baby beauty as to adult beauty - symmetry of features, shape of face, personality. Hatrack happens to have an unusually high percentage (100) of beautiful babies.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Bridey would be as in the word "bride", with an "ee" on the end. [Smile] Now, Emma sometimes says "Briddy", to rhyme with "pretty". Sometimes she says "Bret-jet". I have a picture I need to post of her holding Bridget, but I can't find the camera...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Quoth my husband, "All you have to do is ask..." The camera was in the camera bag, exactly where it should be. :facepalm: )

Here are a couple of pictures of Emma holding Bridget. [Smile]

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, those two are my favorites!! Sweet.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I think Bret-jet should be Bridget's nickname. [Smile] Too cute!

(Spoken by the woman who was called "Eeeee" by her family for years because that's how her little brother pronounced Imogen.)

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The second one won't load all the way for me. [Frown] But the first is darling.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Dont Know] it loads for me...

We got the hats, btw. I will send a proper thank you when I can. [Kiss]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good, I'm glad they came (I mailed them wednesday).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.