FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Toyota FJ Cruiser

Author Topic: Toyota FJ Cruiser
Vamp96
Member # 9030

- posted      Profile for Vamp96   Email Vamp96         Edit/Delete Post 
Me and the hubby test drove the FJ Cruiser this past weekend. I think it has some good points. It looks cool and seems practical...but the back seats are kinda cramped. I like the way it looks now, but that may wear off. Anybody own one of these things? Anybody else looking at buying one? What are your impressions?
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
All big cars these days seem to have disproportionately small backseats. I think the companies realized that the roominess of the front seats is the selling point. My mom used to have a big Mercury Mountaineer when we all lived at home, and despite the size of the car, the back seat was less roomie than that of a four door sedan used to be. These days its all about driver headroom I'm afraid.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was on a trip where we ended up in a Nissan Pathfinder as the rental car. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable the back seats were. The seat-bottom to floorboard distance is all wrong and there's nowhere near enough leg room to make up for having ones feet "too high" when sitting.

Yuck!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the main things we like about the cars we drive at our house is the comfort of the back seats. Check out the PT Cruiser or the Ford 500. The back seats are surprisingly roomy.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.