FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CHUCK NORRIS, KARATE COMMANDO (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CHUCK NORRIS, KARATE COMMANDO
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
You disturb me, Cartoon Network. Oh, how you disturb me.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Double yew tee eff?
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
"Angels sang in immaculate chorus
Down from the heavens descended Chuck Norris."

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
..and then Bruce Lee kicked his @#$ [Razz]
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Lame techno music and video editing, but it gets the point across.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by calaban:

Actually, I think it was Galdalf the Grey and Galdalf the white and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight, Benito Mussolini and the Blue Meanie, Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie, RoboCop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single power ranger, William S. Preston, Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock and Hulk Hogan that kicked Chuck Norris in his cowboy ass.

::whew! Did I miss any? I feel like I'm forgetting a chunk of them::

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer! Too bad he never cries.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea what you were talking about, Noemon, so I went to find it. That was a disturbing video.

I don't think you missed any though.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:

Actually, I think it was Galdalf the Grey and Galdalf the white and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight, Benito Mussolini and the Blue Meanie, Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie, RoboCop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single power ranger, William S. Preston, Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock and Hulk Hogan that kicked Chuck Norris in his cowboy ass.

Heheh, Bruce Lee could take all of them too... at the same time.

*Sigh* /drifts of into a dream world imagining the sheer ownage with resulting carnage.

Edit: for great justice (and spelling)

Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by prolixshore:
I had no idea what you were talking about, Noemon, so I went to find it. That was a disturbing video.

--ApostleRadio

What terms did you google to find it, out of curiosity? I spent about a week singing that song in the shower before I was able to get it out of my head.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

I searched using just bruce lee chuck norris on video.google. The video is a hashed vesion of the fight scene in Return of the Dragon. I think it's also somtimes known as part of the Chinese Connection series. Unfortunately I couldnt find an uncut version. The cat is part of the original movie. I have no idea why the director included it; perhaps he was chasing too much dragon himself.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I just put in the lyrics you typed, Noemon. Part of them, anyway. "Gandalf the grey and Gandalf the white and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's black knight" worked for me.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I *think* that we're talking about different things, calaban. Are you talking about the animated video for the song The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny?
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
This was a full-length cartoon about Chuck Norris, karate commando and his multi-racial group of friends battling an evil, redheaded man who talkssssssss like a ssssssssnake....

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Right. And if that's what caliban was talking about in response to my question, we're talking about two different cartoons (and if caliban wasn't answering my question, then we're talking about my lack of reading comprehension [Smile] )
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
This is amazing. I think All Your Base Is Belong To Us is about to get company.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8546806313350412673&q=ultimate+showdown+chuck+norris&pl=true

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Holy Schamoley Batman! Mr. Rogers committed Hari Kari! That is phenominal. I want a silk screen of the scene with Mr. Rogers.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

I just can't believe they even threw Arrested Development in there. This video rawks!
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I want the closeup of Godzilla's angry eyes (the angry eyes in response to Optimus Prime's stopping the skyscraper from falling, not the ones in response to being hit by a bat-grenade) on a black t-shirt.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:

No... that's not what happened. Haven't you seen The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:

Damn, that was close. Bill S. Preston, but other than that, you did the whole thing. Oh, and they came out of nowhere lightning fast before the kicking part. <grin.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by prolixshore:

--ApostleRadio

What terms did you google to find it, out of curiosity? I spent about a week singing that song in the shower before I was able to get it out of my head.
It was stuck in my head for two solid weeks. It was driving me crazy. I tried watching it again, because sometimes that helps, but it didn't. Finally, I passed the curse on to someone I knew, and that worked. Go figure...

And it's at http://www.ultimateshowdown.org/, believe it or not. Definitely worth paying for a domain name, I think.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That is the coolest video I have ever seen.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

Wow.

Heh. Noemon, I hadn't seen that flash video until just now. I thought you were referencing the Video I linked earlier which is disturbing for theatrical, directorial, and amazingly poor techno music reasons.

calaban
Member # 2516

Wow.

Heh. Noemon, I hadn't seen that flash video until just now. I thought you were referencing the Video I linked earlier which is disturbing for theatrical, directorial, and amazingly poor techno music reasons.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Noemon,

"This is the ultimate showdown... of ultimate destiny. Good guys, bad guys and explosions... as far as the eye can see."

Y'know, just so you can have another week of fun.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
quote:

Damn, that was close. Bill S. Preston, but other than that, you did the whole thing. Oh, and they came out of nowhere lightning fast before the kicking part. <grin.
Right, right, Bill S. Preston. I knew something seemed wrong with that.

I knew who pretty much everyone named in the song was (except for Andrew Carter), but there are a couple of background figures I'm not sure of. Who is the guy surfing through the sky? There are also two pairs of people fighting that I'm not placing. One of the people in one of these pairs has a smiley face looking head, and (if I'm remembering correctly), one of the people in this pair knocks the other one down. The other pair is made up of two ordinary looking people kind of slapping at each other (again, if memory serves--I can't view the video from work).

Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
Hey Noemon,

"This is the ultimate showdown... of ultimate destiny. Good guys, bad guys and explosions... as far as the eye can see."

Y'know, just so you can have another week of fun.

[Big Grin] I pretty much already condemned myself to that by typing out the list of people who kicked Chuck Norris in his cowboy ass.
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's also hosted with permission on weebls-stuff
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/

No offence to video.google but man if it's flash keep it as flash.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, one of those pairs looks like a Jawa throwing around the remains of C-3PO and R2. The other one, I don't know...maybe the one on the right is from Prince of Persia, but I could be wrong.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

No, I recognized the jawa holding the 3PO parts. There are two other pairs.
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the pairings comes from this. Which was done by the same people who did Ultimate Showdown. I'm not sure why Santa gets run over by the Delorian, and the snakes with Samuel L Jackson still confuses me.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
That Ultimate Showdown rules, but there's a secret to it.

Chuck Norris actually won that contest. He released the edited video himself to lull people into complacency, and to find out how his true supporters are.

I'm still with you Chuck! Let's go kick some ass, roundhouse style!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

The snakes with Samuel L Jackson has to be a reference to his "Snakes! On a plane!" thing, doesn't it?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Where's the mini-lop with a switchblade? There is no ultimate showdown without Bun-bun.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the snakes with Samuel L Jackson still confuses me.
SNAKES ON A PLANE, B*TCH!
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
Where's the mini-lop with a switchblade? There is no ultimate showdown without Bun-bun.

Maybe he was mind controlling Mr. Rogers.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
quote:

Right, right, Bill S. Preston. I knew something seemed wrong with that.

I knew who pretty much everyone named in the song was (except for Andrew Carter), but there are a couple of background figures I'm not sure of. Who is the guy surfing through the sky? There are also two pairs of people fighting that I'm not placing. One of the people in one of these pairs has a smiley face looking head, and (if I'm remembering correctly), one of the people in this pair knocks the other one down. The other pair is made up of two ordinary looking people kind of slapping at each other (again, if memory serves--I can't view the video from work).

Wikipedia article on the USoUD

I couldn't figure out those either. At first, I was thinking "poorly drawn Silver Surfer", but I don't buy it.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

It occurs to me that no Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny can possibly be complete without Ash.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
..and then Bruce Lee kicked his @#$ :razz:
Besides, calaban, that wasn't Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris has facial hair. Period.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Hail to the king, baby.

--ApostleRadio

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Indianna Jones was subdued much too easily. I think he threw the fight that way he could escape to locate the Lost Ark.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Wikipedia article on the USoUD

I couldn't figure out those either. At first, I was thinking "poorly drawn Silver Surfer", but I don't buy it. [/QB]

Thanks Lisa! I wondered if it was supposed to be the Silver Surfer also, but decided that the art couldn't be *that* bad.
Lalo
Member # 3772

quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
It occurs to me that no Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny can possibly be complete without Ash.

Maybe it's my memories of puberty speaking through me, but... you mean Ash of Pokemon fame? I would love to see Chuck Norris take on Pikachu.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

This is Ash. "Good... bad... [He's] the guy with the gun."
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
yes, beware the rath of the evil super ninja
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
behold the ultimate showdown of Ultimate destiny
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was cool what other games could be converted to this.

Playing table top Warcraft

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

When Chuck Norris jumps in a lake, he doesn't get wet. The lake gets Chuck.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.