FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's a dog eat dog world...

Author Topic: It's a dog eat dog world...
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
...though I gotta admit it's hard to tell which top dog amongst top dogs is the real top dog.

[ May 03, 2006, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh.
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Dog? Tastes like chicken [Smile] . I liked the second one though.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting article. I never realized that Denmark had such an attractive crown princess.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princesska
Member # 8954

- posted      Profile for Princesska           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I loved that dress Princess Mary was wearing and her hair wasn't bad either!

But that guy she was standing next to... just a little bit coo-coo. Not in that he likes dog meat, but that he lives in a country where dogs are commonly regarded as pets (not meat) and he still likes dog meat. He's even president of that dog club! I hope someone revokes that.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

And what ever did happen to the royal hot dog anyways?
Just found it amusing that PrinceHenrik's comment concerning eating dogs drew outrage, while spending $10thousand so that one dog could cannibalize another dog drew no protests whatsoever.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

And as further evidence that the world is going to the dogs: news of Italians fearful of terrorist puppy bombs.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
And what ever did happen to the royal hot dog anyways?
Just found it amusing that PrinceHenrik's comment concerning eating dogs drew outrage, while spending $10thousand so that one dog could cannibalize another dog drew no protests whatsoever.

Why would it draw outrage. It was basically an organ donation, which is for the most part a pretty uncontroversial thing. The word "cannibalize" could only be implied by an extremely large and unconventional twisting of the definition. I for one can't see why on earth you would bother to use it that way.

Added:

The "puppy bomb" article seems somewhat strange to me. Since when is having a bag move around on its own a sign that it might be a bomb. Last I heard, bombs are fairly stationary until they go boom.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
Interesting article. I never realized that Denmark had such an attractive crown princess.

Our Mary. *fond grin*

</parochialism>

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

If you check the link, ricree101, my use of the term the most common usage.

Oh, I wish I weren't an Oscar Meyer weiner...
You can tell she's a good little girl cuz she uses real ketchup instead of catsup.

[ February 02, 2007, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Links, Batman!!! There must be a zillion!!

(well - maybe ten but...)

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand why news websites don't use permalinks.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Unlike real blogs, "real news" sites like to pretend that their product isn't public domain.
And they like to bury their spins&mistakes to bolster their "Trust us, we are never wrong."

[ February 02, 2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.