FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What the freaking heck?!?!

Author Topic: What the freaking heck?!?!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was playing on the nintendo emulator linked to from one of the other threads, and some combination of the Ctrl and Alt keys made the screen of my laptop turn completely on its side. I keep trying to punch the keys again trying to undo it, but it's not working.

Whence These Flowers?!?!?!?

My computer can't function in its present state. Does someone know how to fix it? [Frown]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Use the arrow keys. ctrl-alt and a side arrow will turn it to that side, down will turn it upside down, and up will turn it rightside up. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Take your laptop to bed with you and type while lying on your side.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*repeat post*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Ah. I was punching the arrow keys as well as Ctrl and Alt. Thanks for saving the day. [Smile]

In other news, I'm trying to pick a scene for my acting class. I was told to do something form Oleana by David Mamet. I'm reading through the play now. Anyone familiar with it?

ElJay
Member # 6358

Incidentally, it doesn't work with all video cards, but I find it worth it to try whenever I come across an unattended computer. . . makes a great prank. [Smile] As long as you can hang around and fix it when they come back and freak out.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh. Doesn't work on mine. [Frown]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I recall seeing something like that in the control panel for Nvidia. nView desktop blah blah. Didn't know there were shortcuts though.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
So, why the devil would anyone put in such a feature? It doesn't seem very useful.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I dunno about useful, but it's a lot of fun. [Smile]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, why the devil would anyone put in such a feature? It doesn't seem very useful.
quote:
makes a great prank
Pay attention!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there are monitors that rotate, including Tablet PCs. Those would definitely need a feature like that.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope my laptop does that. I like to lie down and be online, but I can't read sideways.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.