FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Share pictures of your pets!

Author Topic: Share pictures of your pets!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got a really grainy webcam...

Count Elmer. You can see how small he is...he's only about as long as my hand. [Smile]

Post pictures of your pets here!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since you didn't think my thread showing pet pictures was good enough, here's Cosby.

And Elmer looks ferocious.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I didn't see your thread. [Razz]

Cosby is ADORABLE! Awwww. I love labs.

Yes, Count Elmer is a badass. And he moved the plastic plants I put in his tank to make a wall around the corner that he likes to sleep in.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any pets. Never have.

However, I do have a pair of mourning doves that comes by a few times a year to nest and lay a couple of eggs in an external windowsill of my study. As it turns out, the babies are startlingly ugly, but I find them oddly charming, possibly because it just makes it easier for me to relate to them. Also, I really like the mourning dove's call.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's Toby

Dante, that's so cool about the mourning doves! Are you able to take pictures of them?

[ May 26, 2006, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: ctm ]

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Curie back when she did shows. She liked it fine, but she's really a squirrel chaser at heart.

Plus she has found a new hobby. And has a best friend, Sagan!

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
ctm, is that supposed to link to a picture of a girl?

Edit: Sharpie, I want your cat, please.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Curie is GORGEOUS, Sharpie!

Here's Raina!

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
Evil Sith Ratties
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sagan is adorable -- as are "all a'yall's" pets, of course!!

p.s. well, maybe not the evil Sith ratties . . .

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by erosomniac:
[QB] ctm, is that supposed to link to a picture of a girl?

Sigh. This is why I shouldn't do things in a hurry. Anyway, it's fixed, and it's a picture of Toby, the best dog in the whole world (aren't they all?)

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
xnera, you like Hamilton, huh? [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] I don't understand your reference, Kwea.

edit: Google tells me you are probably talking about Laurell K. Hamilton's books. I have indeed read a few, but I wouldn't call myself a huge fan.

I chose Raina's name because of the meaning. It means "Peace" (also, "queen", which is also rather fitting. [Big Grin] ). I specifically looked at names that meant things like "peace", "hope", and "love", because at the time I adopted her, I needed some more of those things in my life. [Smile]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by xnera:
[Confused] I don't understand your reference, Kwea.

edit: Google tells me you are probably talking about Laurell K. Hamilton's books. I have indeed read a few, but I wouldn't call myself a huge fan.

I chose Raina's name because of the meaning. It means "Peace" (also, "queen", which is also rather fitting. [Big Grin] ). I specifically looked at names that meant things like "peace", "hope", and "love", because at the time I adopted her, I needed some more of those things in my life. [Smile]

Wow, that so doesn't describe the Raina in Hamilton's books at all.

Edit: Maybe the "queen" part, but not the rest of it.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/polygonia/PHOTO012.jpg

Bernie [Big Grin]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a couple pics of Mungo n Teazer. I've got more to upload sometime this weekend.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Crookshanks (I know it is a boy name, but this cat is a girl--and can you tell she is about ready to bite me? [Big Grin] )
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Curie is beautiful, Sharpie! I love Basenjis. [Smile]
Big Rat & Chi Rat

Kahlil and Nadia

Caliban (and my nephew Henry)

Onyx and Josh Sneed

Skid and Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde

Skidmark

Oscar's favorite activity...jumping up in the air [Razz]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Not a pet, but we got more bunny pictures..

The bunny scratching his ears. It's worth looking at the full-size picture.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww. Cute baby bunny. I'll keep my carnivores faaaar away [Smile] . I'm afraid they would go for a lot of these lovely creatures in this thread. Bad babies.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
This is Schneider Weiss, named after a German beer.

Here're Maxx and Schnei. Maxx is in front of Schneider.

Schneider looking tired.

Schneider giving some attitude.

Maxx. I can't believe that's my only picture of him.. I've got half a million pictures of Schnei. Guys, you really shouldn't have given me that chance to do this, I adore my babies.

Schneider looking what, forlorn?

And finally, the duckies that frequent our area. In some order, they're Brookelyn, Anna, Promyce, Krista, Liz, and Mama Duck is hiding behind the tiller, which is also not in the picture.

[EDIT] Thanks, Nell. Apparently the duckies decided to join their mum and also not appear in the picture. [Big Grin] [/EDIT]

[ May 30, 2006, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: aiua ]

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Ava, your hooded ratties make me miss mine [Frown]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Erm, aiua? I think the duckies might be hiding in a different picture.

xnera, I convinced my parents to name one of their rat terrier puppies Raina, but alas, I have no pictures of them. My mom is horrible at choosing names - she got to the boy puppy before I did, and named him...Elkay. [Roll Eyes] It's pronounced like "L.K.", and no, she has no idea why she chose that. She'd wanted to name the puppies' mother Ada, but I vetoed that and persuaded her to go with Nicolette instead, which was actually a facetious suggestion on my part.

I wish I had my own pets, but it's a non-option for me right now. [Frown] Perhaps I'll take a picture of my strawberry plant and post that. [Razz]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I've only had one pet, and she was the bestest cat in the world!
Ancient picture of Fluff!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my Toby. I miss her.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

A much less blurry picture of Count Elmer.

He's kind of like a pet...but not. I just thought that picture was too cute. [Smile]

-pH

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetheart, I don't think it's a good idea to call your rocket scientist a pet.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my Joey. She is not the Jack Russell mix the pound said she was. She is part Greyhound and part something else. Hubby says she has pitbull in her since she has such a smiley mouth. I don't care; she is my sweetie!
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Not knowing her weight I see Jack Russell. I haven't seen any pit bull mixes with that long of a nose, but i'm sure it's possible far enough away.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
She is close to 40 lbs and can run about 40mph. That and her lean body is where we get the greyhound.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my Drive By. I love this picture. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my Tapi - short for Tapioca. He's a 16 lb tabby who's 17 years old at the moment.

There's an album on Yahoo and video at YouTube.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Tapioca is great! The video is hilarious! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.