FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Free Peep Show in Hanover, Tonight Only (Hopefully)

Author Topic: Free Peep Show in Hanover, Tonight Only (Hopefully)
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Take my eyes off my sister's kid (4 yrs old) for 5 minutes and he's dancing buck naked in the front windows of the house for all of Hanover to see. I drag him offstage and send him to get some underwear on (at least) and try to see why the baby is crying. 5 more minutes later, I go to see where my sister dissapeared off to and on my way to the kitchen I hear space-ship attack noises coming from the back porch. I look out the back door and sure enough my 4 year old nephew is on the back porch, still buck naked, throwing pebbles off the porch into my flower pots. I live on a corner and have no back fence, so this was all quite to the bemusement of the drivers in a long line of cars waiting for the light to change.

Tell me again why I should want kids??

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Kids do the darnedest things! Be a terrific uncle and buy him clothing. But not just regular kid clothing -- clothing he will want to wear. Like these.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hanover. Ha! *doesn't live to far from there.* Hilarious
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
Tell me again why I should want kids??

Where else can you get good stories like these to tell?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Other people's kids? [Wink]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was three, my great aunt taught me (and presumably many other young relatives) the term "ich ben ein naching frash" Or something close to that.

It translates closely (though I'm sure she actually knew, her father was German) to I am a Naked Frog. I probably gave quite spectacular peep shows at that age.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother did that in front of the window when we were around that age. We made sure to dredge that knowledge up on the 16th birthday. [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's where you say, "Oh, you're naked-- you must want a bath!" It worked on all the kids I babysat for who had a habit of stripping naked; either they went and took a bath (which didn't hurt them any) or they went and got clothes on in horror of the bath.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ich bin ein Nacktfrosch?
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
That's where you say, "Oh, you're naked-- you must want a bath!" It worked on all the kids I babysat for who had a habit of stripping naked; either they went and took a bath (which didn't hurt them any) or they went and got clothes on in horror of the bath.

Brilliant!

::makes a note just on the off chance that he has a kid someday::

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
According to my mom, my uncle rode around their front yard naked on his little tractor once. Nudist kids happen.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
At church yesterday, a little girl took the opportunity of no one paying attention to her during the prayer to lift her dress over her head and run up and down the aisle.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Hamson, that maybe closer. I never took German in high school, switched to Latin.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
The worst part of this is that my house is on the corner of a pretty busy (relatively) intersection in Hanover. I bet more cars pass by my house on a daily basis than pass in front of city hall. And people *do* pay attention to my house. My aunt is always mentioning people she meets at the beauty parlor, church, etc, who ask about my house and comment on work being done, etc. I just know somewhere down the line someone's gonna say "Oh, that's the house with the naked little boy dancing on the back porch." [Smile]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
At church yesterday, a little girl took the opportunity of no one paying attention to her during the prayer to lift her dress over her head and run up and down the aisle.

Actually, that was supposed to be performance art.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We have some of that in my ward.

Not from MY kid, though. We strongly enforce the "once you are in the pew, the child's feet do not touch the floor until the meeting is over" rule, as recommended by OSC. We think that's a good one.

Also, she doesn't seem the exhibitionist type; she cried horribly when I tried to take her outside in her diaper when she had a fever the other day, even though it was only for a few seconds to get the mail! She knows you're supposed to have clothes on in public and feels strongly about that, I guess.

She must get that from her father.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the bath idea! I read about someone's mom who, when she was reading at night, would keep a washcloth and basin beside her, and any child who interrupted her reading for any reason got a good face scrubbing from the washcloth before their mother asked them what was it they needed from her. It sounded like a great idea to me. [Smile]

[ June 26, 2006, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.