FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stargate new seasons start! Spoiler Time! (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stargate new seasons start! Spoiler Time!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I found myself someone with cable and a VCR. [Wink] Unfortunately, she doesn't watch Atlantis. So for that I have to wait for the DVDs.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
*starts frantically calling friends*
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
Looks like it’s going to be a fun season with a few cross over episodes even.

And McGuiv.. I mean Jack is coming back! that 200th episode looks like it's going to be a good one, and I loved the 100th episode special.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem*

Actually, rivka, I got caught up in the last season of Atlantis watching reruns, and I'm gonna tape that tonight (in-laws coming in this weekend, not gonna get to watch it when it airs...) Still interested? [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still on the fence over Atlantis. The plot arc is taking way too long for me to really be invested in it. It felt like SG1 got moving a lot faster, made alliances faster, met new people and advanced their cause a lot faster, and after two seasons of Atlantis all we've done is cleaned out the Ancients' attic and awakened the Wraith.

I totally forgot that tonight was the season starters for both shows. Thanks for the reminder! After the finale from last year, I'm geeked about this season of SG1, and both series, knowing that RDA is coming back for a few episodes and crossovers.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty much at the beginning of season 3 of SG1, and I'm finally feeling like things are finally rolling.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting more and more excited for the premieres. And they're tonight! Woo!

Who else loves the promo ads SciFi has been running with Shep or Teal'c? (Check out www.scifi.com/pulse for the full run of videos - McKay's elevator one is my favourite, I think [Smile] )

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I'd only caught a few! Thanks!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
My stupid cable company decided to move the sci-fi channel over to digital cable only. I'm a little annoyed with them right now.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think Carter's is still my favorite. "It's not like it's astrophysics. *scoffs*" [Big Grin]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I went and looked at one of those videos. Am I gonig mad, or does SG1 now have both of the stars of Farscape?

*head a-splode*

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

What, Ben Bowder and Claudia Black? Yeah, they've been on a while.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally the wait is over! [Big Grin]
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
What, Ben Bowder and Claudia Black? Yeah, they've been on a while.

That is...pretty strange.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I wonder how much of this season will be "SGC gets it's butt handed to it," before it turns into "SGC starts dishing it out to the Ori."

Gives me DS9 tinglies. They got rocked for more than half a season before they started whooping on the Dominion.

I'd love to see the Ferlings pop up and mow someone down.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

*SPOILER WARNING! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T READ SPOILERS!*

Just wait until Morena Baccarin shows up. Stargate has officially become the repository for cancelled scifi people. [Smile] Not that I mind.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

What happens when SG1 gets cancelled?

You know it will...

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

They all move to Atlantis?

I'd say Season 12 or 13 will be the end. But I think it also heavily depends on Vancouver. If the tax break that moved Stargate there to begin with goes away, then the show will become much more expensive for them to make, and with ever increasing salaries, will be a death knell. But that all remains to be seen.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
*ahem*

Actually, rivka, I got caught up in the last season of Atlantis watching reruns, and I'm gonna tape that tonight (in-laws coming in this weekend, not gonna get to watch it when it airs...) Still interested? [Big Grin]

Yay! (Not that I've seen much of S2, but that's ok.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

I actually read a really good article (sorry I tried but can't dinf it) a while ago about how big Stargate was to the Vancouver economy. It was surprising.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Let Spoiler Time begin!

SG1:

So have the Ori basically lied to the girl or is the truth somewhere between the two?

Those Ori ships are pretty awesome. Their Death Star beam seems to be pretty potent.

Also, they never said anything about the bomb they sent over. Think it just did nothing?

Atlantis:

Dang… a have ship and a group of human wraith. Neat. Wonder how permanent they’ve got the retro virus.

Think they’ve left their ship for dead or will go back and repair it? We do seem to be able to build these ships pretty fast….

By the way, since we have these ships, why don’t they say something about the obsolete space shuttle.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
It seemed kind of anticlimatic the way the Orion was destroyed. I thought it might really play a part in the war, but boom - all gone.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by zgator:
It seemed kind of anticlimatic the way the Orion was destroyed. I thought it might really play a part in the war, but boom - all gone.

In a way, I'm kind of glad. How they were dealing with the ancient technology was kind of rediculous. It was like, "Oh boy, here's this super advanced technology that is hundreds or even thousands of years ahead of us. Don't worry, though, we'll be able to go ahead and repair thousands of years of neglect within a couple months."

Also, just once I'd like to see them run into a factory or something. Seriously, the ancient weapons systems go through drones like there is no tomorrow. There must have been an absolutely massive manufacturing infrastructure behind them,and it would be nice to at least see a hint of it or something.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

Maybe they grew them, they kind of look like plants...
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they're harvested from Hovering Squid-world 97a...

(sorry, that Futurama episode was on last night, and they do look like squids).

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
There are 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1 and 1 of Firefly...

I hate the world.

Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

Hey no stargate bashing! If you're not going to talk about how the ancients might have grown their squid-like drones, well then... oh my.. I just realized how absurd that sentence was.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie -- Really? I don't really watch any of the Stargate shows, other than the occasional episode very intermittently, but if that's for real, I might have to give it another chance...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

twinky - I kid you not! She won't show up until further into the season, I think somewhere around episode 7, but there it is. [Smile]

And I really like Michael (SGA). I think it stems from how much I adored Trip on "Enterprise," but for some reason, I really get a kick out of seeing the character.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on now. The best guest appearance was not any Enterprise refuge or Farscape escapee. It has to be....

Harold

From Red Greene.

For a couple seasons Harold, the incompetent nerd nephew of Red Green, disapeared.

They say he went off to college.

Wrong. He showed up as one of the brainy, but not adventerous returning scientists on Stargate.

Look for Pat McKenna and his crush on Samantha Carter.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Hey, now. I never said Trip was the best, just that I really like him.

The best? I'll have to think on that.

Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

Jolene Blalock... yummy...
ricree101
Member # 7749

Wow, three episodes in and this season is looking really good. The third episode easily ranks among the top ever. The interaction between Daniel and Morgan LeFey was top notch.

*SPOILER*
I also loved that they managed to finally take out an Ori ship, and the hive ship as well. After taking such heavy losses for the past couple episodes, it's great to see them finally bag not one, but two enemy ships
#END SPOILERS#

All around, a great episode. If this is any indication of the season as a whole, it could easily prove to be the best one yet.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
By the way, since we have these ships, why don’t they say something about the obsolete space shuttle.
They did, when someone was stranded in space one time. Of course, that would require giving top-secret information to the astronauts onboard; while they could probably be cleared, that it's better not to divulge it to anyone they don't have to seems to be their line. Also, there would be the matter of keeping the press away (although they usually seem pretty compliant.)

ricree, I agree! Teal'c's reaction was teh awesome. [Big Grin]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

So...exactly how many Hive Ships are left? We've killed at least a half dozen of them by now. There's the original three we took out when they attacked Atlantis to begin with, and then the two from the first episode of this year, and the one from that episode of SG1. I think they managed to take out a couple on the ground too, with nukes, remember when they worked with the Genii, or when working with Aiden, I don't remember. Either way, how many are left, and why are we so worried? They seem to be something of an even match, seeing as how the Daedelus mauled of them pretty bad. Couldn't a couple of Asgard ships more or less beat the crap out of them?

At least the Ori ships scare the ever loving hell out of me, Hive ships seem kind of wussy in comparison. And I missed it, but why are they trying to harvest gates?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think that the Hive ships are scary 'cause there are so freakin' many of them and so few resources to fight them with; everything is dedicated to fighting the Ori. I seem to remember them saying near the beginning that there were, like, at least 70 hive ships, or something? And that's just the ones they could see.

I kinda missed the gate-harvesting thing, too. I'm gonna go back and watch it again, I missed half of each episode this week.

ricree101
Member # 7749

I' guessing that either there is some sort of dedicated wraith warship that we haven't seen yet, or the hive ships can be rebuilt quickly. The Ancients were only defeated because they were hopelessly outnumbered, and 70 or so Hive Ships just doesn't seem to cut it.

In "The Seige," that satellite had an easy time taking out the hive ship, and would probably had been enough to hold them off if it was in full working order. The Ancients had a network of these around the planet, and I have would have gone through all 70ish ships in a relatively small amount of time.

With the hive ships holding thousands of wraith each, it seems a little hard to believe that they could afford to throw wave after wave to their deaths. The only way that they could have overwhelmed the Ancients is if they instead had some sort of smaller attack ship rather than the large hive ships doubling as transports.

[ July 30, 2006, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: ricree101 ]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yeah the numbers thing didn't really make sense to me either. In that one episode where they stole the information from the Genii, they found out there were like 60 or 70 ships in the galaxy. Plus you have to imagine that SOME of them were destroyed during that little civil war the Wraith went through.

Unless the Ancients only had like a dozen ships, which is also hard to belief, then I really don't get the background and how it relates to the current situation.

B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angiomorphism:
Jolene Blalock... yummy...

Who knew a Vulcan could look that good?
Jolene Blalock [Eek!]

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Yeah the numbers thing didn't really make sense to me either. In that one episode where they stole the information from the Genii, they found out there were like 60 or 70 ships in the galaxy. Plus you have to imagine that SOME of them were destroyed during that little civil war the Wraith went through.

Unless the Ancients only had like a dozen ships, which is also hard to belief, then I really don't get the background and how it relates to the current situation.

But they implied that those were only the ones they knew about before they got kicked off the system or whatever. And Wraith ships, being organic, are supposed to be more capable of healing themselves.

The throwing themselves away by the thousands thing does confuse me, though.

ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
But they implied that those were only the ones they knew about before they got kicked off the system or whatever. And Wraith ships, being organic, are supposed to be more capable of healing themselves.

The throwing themselves away by the thousands thing does confuse me, though.

Well, once the Ancients had fled, the wraith wouldn't need more than a tiny fraction of their previous military power. The more centralized hive ships would probably be more efficient for the pattern of hibernation and culling, while still offering plenty of protection in the unlikely event that the Ancients tried to retake the galaxy.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
60 in their sector of the galaxy alone I would not be surprised if there were thouands of hive ships. remmeber theres 450,000,000,000 planets in a galaxy.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

200th ep preview shown tonight during Eureka. The quality isn't great but it's watchable.

http://www.jackfic.com/stuff/SG1_200th_ep_preview.mpg

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I just saw that. Awesome! Doesn't make much sense if you haven't been spoiled on it, though. (Gateworld.net is teh awesome. *is a spoiler junkie* )
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

How big is a sector? In Star Trek there were what, maybe 100 sectors in a quadrant? and 4 quadrants, 400 sectors, times 60 ships, 24,000 hive ships in the galaxy?

I don't think they have the fine details ironed out.

I'd be curious to see what unit of measurement they use to define a sector. And all galaxies aren't the same size.

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
The six episode of Atlantis looks alot like a Buffy episode.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Guess who one of my teachers is in my MBA classes:

http://www.be.wvu.edu/faculty_staff/george_hammond.htm

I was wondering what he was doing in his retirement from the SGC
http://www.scifi.com/stargate/cast/hammond/index.html

Think it would be ok to call my teacher General?

rivka
Member # 4859

You think he hasn't heard it all before?
Jay
Member # 5786

Oh no, I’m sure he gets it every semester.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I just rewatched the episode where they get the initial information from the Genii. There's 21 ships in their part of the galaxy, and as many as 60 or 70 in the entire galaxy, that they know of. I can't concieve of that number going much higher than a couple hundred, which is more than enough really, but to cover an entire galaxy?

The Goauld had thousands of ships, I don't think the Wraith have those kinds of numbers. Especially seeing as how a couple of our 302s could probably take on a Hive ship and do serious damage. If the Ori weren't invading, I'd have serious doubts as to the threat factor of the Wraith.

I hope we get some more information soon on the whole thing.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.