FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Men Only! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Men Only!
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Just going for equality here. Topics of choice include:

-your golf game
-chess
-fishing
-that old clunker you're fixing up
-Tom Clancy novels
-video games that girls wouldn't like

-anything else that's stereotypically male-oriented and absolutely boring to females.

What's not allowed:

-talking about your feelings
-talking about your genitals (unless it is in a LEWD and suggestive manner)
-talking about anything that might interest females

I'll start out.

"yeah, my golf game's going great. Shot a 72 last saturday"

"...I had to get my valve covers replaced and had to fix a crack in my manifold, but she's purring like a kitten now"

The ladies have been warned.

[ July 18, 2006, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Launchywiggin ]

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I like chess.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
First off you spelled lewd differently than I did. We can fight about it if you'd like.

I have't golfed in a long time, but while the ball seems to go straight enough I think I have a distance problem. That's no fun.

I haven't played Halo in way too long, anyone in the vicinity of GA want to set up a LAN party?

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
When properly viewed,
EVERYTHING is lewd!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean *properly* viewed? *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I fixed the word. We can always count on hatrack to fix your grammar.

I'm going to play Command & Conquer now. There's a man's game if I ever played one.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Oops! You are correct.

It is, When correctly viewed,
EVERYTHING is lewd!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Spelling ≠ grammar
Usage ≠ grammar

Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we talk about women?

And can we kick rivka out?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, talking about your genitals ina lewd suggestive manner might actually be fairly interesting to some of the women of Hatrack.

The criteria there is conflicting.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Taunt]

People ask me how I do it,
And I say, "There's nothin' to it,
You just stand there lookin' cute,
And when something moves, you shoot!"

Joldo
Member # 6991

Rivka, as a woman, you are not allowed in here. Now git. Shoo. Shoo.

Hm. Actually, I'd probably have a more fun discussion with you. Have you seen Pirates yet, Riv?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nope. Haven't even seen the first one.
Joldo
Member # 6991

Oh, for shame! You oughtta be tarred. And feathered. Do you know how important pirates are to the world?

For one thing, they prevent global warming.

rivka
Member # 4859

Just go out for a breath of air,
And you'll be ready for Medicare.
The city streets are really quite a thrill.
If the hoods don't get you, the monoxide will.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Talking about genitals is the only way to approximate them "ladies only" threads. Whether it's lewd or not I leave up to you.

And rivka: Tell me things about Peter Pan. (Actually, I really wonder if ol' Tom heard the rumors about J. M. Barrie and the Lewellyn Davies boys)

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Alma tell us, all modern women are jealous
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Been a long time since I went golfing, but I always got my money's worth out of it. I saw every square foot of that course.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go lift things for no reason and hang some dry wall.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, nothing so manly as home improvement. I just stripped all the old wallpaper and paint off my pantry walls. I spackled all the cracks and gouges in the plaster. When I get home I have to sand down all the spackled spots, then I get to prime and paint.

Oh, and I found the most fabulous faux texture wall treatment. It's called Bellaggio. You can tint it any color you want and it makes the walls look divine!

(Sorry, I can only keep the butch prentense up for so long. . . [Wink] )

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
What about grunting.

Men are good at grunting.

And we should discuss out spider-killing techniques. I prefer the stomp and scrape method myself.

Oh, and scratching. I have an itch right on my backside that can best be reached with a dinner fork. Of course, I don't use my dinner fork.

Who wants to come over for breakfast?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] @ KarlEd
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think y'all should discuss your prostates. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
<grunts>
<scratches>
<belches>

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now that we've scared off the women, here are the secret rules of men.

We know that woman have some kind of conspiracy going. Its where they develop their codes, their secret signals, and their traps for us poor defenseless men. Hey, I even figured out where they hold their meetings--in the restroom. We can't enter, and they rarely enter alone.

Anyway, for the uninitiated, below are the secret rules that men know to be fact.

1) The comb over is the sexiest hair style. It drives women wild.

2)Size doesn't matter. Neither does skill. What matters is how well you lie about it afterword. If you say your great enough times, they'll believe you.

3) Cuddling hurts your golf game.

4) We know that drinking beer makes the women around you more beautiful, and your friends more noble and lovable. Obviously it must make you more hansome as well. Hence, the more disgustingly drunk you get, the more of a catch you become.

5) No matter what they say, bodily noises are funny.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Aargh! I'm going to go fart on my girlfriend!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and I found the most fabulous faux texture wall treatment. It's called Bellaggio. You can tint it any color you want and it makes the walls look divine!
*sigh* ... So close. [Wink]
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-your golf game
I hate golf.

quote:
-chess
I hate chess.

quote:
-fishing
Check it out-- if you're ever going fishing with young children, you can't do better than live crickets. The point isn't to land a big fish, because they couldn't reel it in anyway. The point is to give them lots of success in the short amount of time that they'll want to be out, on the bank, with the mosquitoes, rather than down in the water, splashing around.

Crickets, my brothers. Bluegill love 'em. They're easy to hook, cheap to buy or catch, relatively hardy, and very effective.

quote:
-that old clunker you're fixing up
Uh...what?

quote:
-Tom Clancy novels
I've tried reading Clancy. I just don't like his books.

quote:
-video games that girls wouldn't like
What, like GTA? I have a feeling I wouldn't like that game either.

1 out of 6. What could this possibly mean?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
..and when we toast, we clink the bottoms of our glasses.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Football!!!!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Tight ends!!!!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For one thing, they prevent global warming.
It's true, you know.
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
Tight ends!!!!

[Confused]

Oh, and can we talk about bowel movements? That's manly and gross and scares girls away, right? So you know how when you eat a bunch of spicy mexican food and drink too much beer late at night you wake up the next morning and ... um, nevermind.

Also, I think that the girls have their secret meetings right after they say "We're gonna talk about gross girly things like the 'M' word, so all you boys better leave now." Then we leave and they get to discuss the conspiracy.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
LSM: *snort [Smile]

KarlEd, I'm such a fangirl.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Tom "Communist Body Bag Count" Clancy is one of th greatest HACK writers of all times, accused of hiring a ghost writer and his new works SUCK. They are unrealistic waste severl hundred pages leading up to the climax and the climax is always so prepositioned*?* that you always knwo whats going to happen.

Worst. Book. Series. Ever.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Clancy sucks. Except for Hunt for Red October. Both the book and the movie were cool. But after that, Clancy went down the tubes quick.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Okay ya I jear good things for Red Storm Rising and HFTRO but every other book I've heard of......
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
I got through half of Clear and Present Danger once. Rather fun premise but rather difficult to get through, hence I only finished half.
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
Women don't need to hold secret meetings or scare off men using the "M" word before we talk about girly stuff...we're telepathic.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Quick, somebody fart or belch and scare this skirt off, before she reads our minds!
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

So, who likes to talk about jets? How 'bout that new JSF?
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

The best part of Clear and Present Danger was the RPG ambush of the SUV convoy. The rest of the movie was pretty boring.
Morbo
Member # 5309

I thought the JSF was a good idea when it first came out, but I have doubts it will be executed properly so we can have a reasonably priced and effective fighter. Costs will probably be inflated until it's just another jet project.
happymann
Member # 9559

Well, word is there won't be any more new jets developed or built for the next 50 years.
Jay
Member # 5786

Farts!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
For a second I thought "RPG ambush" referred to some kind of role-playing game. Anybody else think it was funny the first time they saw that used for "rocket-propelled grenade"?
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

50 years? Ehhh, the future is all RPVs or autonomous fighters anyway. The hardware has evolved past the limits of human G-tolerance, so RPVs or AI-control is the next step.
happymann
Member # 9559

Yeah, I fell into that trap too. Then I got confused when Morbo mentioned
quote:
The rest of the movie was pretty boring.
Then I decided that RPG meant something else and stopped worrying about it. Thanks OM.
happymann
Member # 9559

Well, UAVs are getting better and better, but even pilots of UAVs need to keep up their flight hours.
Jay
Member # 5786

<Burp.....>
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
You know this won't stop me from coming back in this thread. I like to see what men are up to, so I can keep track of them. It helps me stay in control [Razz]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.