FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Men Only! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Men Only!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried reading Rainbow 6 and I just could NOT make it past chapter 3. I really liked the ideas but I just hate Clancy's style.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
The Hunt for Red October is pretty good. I never saw the movie though...
Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know this won't stop me from coming back in this thread. I like to see what men are up to, so I can keep track of them. It helps me stay in control
Just so you know, women are never in control. Thats just something we like to make you think so that we can still oggle other women and drink our beer in peace.
Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
Yeah, nothing so manly as home improvement. I just stripped all the old wallpaper and paint off my pantry walls. I spackled all the cracks and gouges in the plaster. When I get home I have to sand down all the spackled spots, then I get to prime and paint.

Oh, and I found the most fabulous faux texture wall treatment. It's called Bellaggio. You can tint it any color you want and it makes the walls look divine!

(Sorry, I can only keep the butch prentense up for so long. . . [Wink] )

[ROFL] [ROFL] [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think GTA Vice City is a cool game.

~ Girl

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really a fan of GTA. I prefer Starcraft and the like.
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
"Boondock Saints" is a great movie. High usage of bullets, blood and the f-bomb.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
So, aren't those "I Am Man" commercials from BK great! God, women just don't understand!

Oh, I have a somewhat manly question. I just got a marinade injector to try with my BBQing. Anyone ever use one? Is it better to make a special injecting marinade or can I just use the sauce I make (it takes forever to make the sauce, and I would prefer not to have to make a sererate marinade.)? Will the injector put to many holes in the meat wich will let the glorious juices out and defeat the purpose? Hmm, maybe I should start a new thread for this. We'll see.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I tried reading Rainbow 6 and I just could NOT make it past chapter 3. I really liked the ideas but I just hate Clancy's style.
Have you read any other Clancy books?

Six bored me to no end -- I read Red Storm Rising first; it was much easier to get through.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I read Teeth of the Tiger and that was so bad I didnt read anymore Clancy.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crocobar
Member # 9102

- posted      Profile for Crocobar   Email Crocobar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
Rivka, as a woman, you are not allowed in here. Now git. Shoo. Shoo.

Does anybody know how old and good-looking Rivka is? Just a thought, we could discuss her genitalia in a lewd and suggestive manner...
Posts: 114 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crocobar
Member # 9102

- posted      Profile for Crocobar   Email Crocobar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
...I found the most fabulous faux texture wall treatment. It's called Bellaggio. You can tint it any color you want and it makes the walls look divine!...

Dude! "You need to get your...genitalia..reattached!"

ok...stupid me. Apparently, I've missed the intended tongue-in-cheek [Frown]

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
"Boondock Saints" is a great movie. High usage of bullets, blood and the f-bomb.

I loved the movie, but Willem Dafoe's character really didn't do it for me. Especially how he's dressed near the end.

If you're looking for those three options, try "Reservoir Dogs" instead.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Crocobar:
quote:

Does anybody know how old and good-looking Rivka is? Just a thought, we could discuss her genitalia in a lewd and suggestive manner...
Too old, and not enough.

[Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The Boondock Saints drinking game (wherein a shot is taken for every use of the aforementioned f-bomb) is considered to be the most acceptably manly style of suicide pact.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Crocobar:
quote:

Too old, and not enough.
I've met rivka, and she is lovely, just lovely. And, I guess, modest, to boot.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Tante, I appreciate the support. [Smile]

But I'm trying to discourage them. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey baby. A/S/L.

Come here often?

What's a smokin' chick like you doing in a sausage fest thread like this?

[Cool]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Old enough to know better / You have to ask? / Online way too late

Too often, I think.

I don't smoke. I'm allergic.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

Wow, you sound super hot.

I bet you've been waiting your whole life for an Internet stud. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I get an "oy vey"? [Roll Eyes]

I've heard good things about Resevoir Dogs, I'll have to rent that sometime.

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Reservoir Dogs is indeed a great movie.

I don't think I can single handedly drive all the women out of our thread here. I'm gonna need some help.

Hey ladies, did you get your ticket?

To the gun show! :flex:

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Wanenmacher's is the best one in the country, and I go every Fall. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
I could tell you stuff about Peter Pan, and the wizard of Oz, there's a dirty old man.
Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:

The Boondock Saints drinking game (wherein a shot is taken for every use of the aforementioned f-bomb) is considered to be the most acceptably manly style of suicide pact.
I prefer the Big Lebowski drinking game which is based on the same principle.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.