FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm done! I'm done! (did I mention I was done?) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm done! I'm done! (did I mention I was done?)
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Today they disconnected me from that horrible pump and I am through with chemo!

[Party]

[The Wave] [The Wave]

The doctor said she was proud of me, that not many people make it through the full 12 sessions and that I had done very well. The nurses all hugged me and one thanked me for being "precious." I asked her what she meant and she said that I always had something nice to say, I was considerate, and never complained and she wished all their patients were like that. My husband was with me and he thanked all of them for taking such good care of me.

I will see them again, now and then. I have to see the oncologist every three months for the first year, then every six months for a while. They'll test my blood for markers that colon cancer puts out and as long as none of them show up, I'm okay. I do have to have another CT scan in a month, and if the scan shows nothing then I can schedule the removal of my port. I'll be glad to get that off my chest. Literally! [Razz]

The doctor was considerate enough to ask about my school schedule and promised we'd get all of the tests done before I start school in August. Then she looked at my husband and said "I think this young lady deserves a night out to celebrate the end of chemo, don't you?" [Big Grin] He said yes, of course, then she said "But not until next week, let her get over the sickness from this last treatment first."

I love my doctor. She is the best.

I cannot express how happy I am to be through with all this. It's just an amazing feeling.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [Party] [Party]

Yay, Belle! I'll continue to pray that everything goes well, but for now, Yaaaaaay!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY BELLE! *HUG!*
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!

[Party]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Oh, forgot to mention. I've lost four more pounds, which makes 12 total since I began trying to monitor my eating better. I'm really excited, because if I'm already losing weight when I'm too weak to exercise much, then I expect to be able to keep it going when I hit the gym this fall after school starts back.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demonstrocity
Member # 9579

- posted      Profile for Demonstrocity   Email Demonstrocity         Edit/Delete Post 
awesome. [Big Grin]
Posts: 246 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Belle, that is FANTASTIC!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
WOO HOO! That is really great to hear.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Great work, Belle. Excellent news!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Party]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Excellent news, Belle!
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! I hope you continue doing well. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] Yay! Yay! Yay for Belle!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time! I know how you've been waiting for this. Congrats. [Smile]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, Just YAY!!!! I am so happy for you. I am so glad you are doing well. I am so happy for your family. Woohoo!

{{{{Belle and Family}}}}

Yay for great doctors and nurses and health workers all around!

Stay healthy. Stay happy.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, that is amazing and great news! Good job you and good job your doctors!
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] What great news, Belle! That's fantastic!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
YIPEEEEEEEEE! I pray that the rest of the journey goes smoothly with no setbacks.

Enjoy your celebration [Smile] You deserve it!! [The Wave]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
How wonderful!!!

When our patients had finished their last treatment we used to gather the office and nursing staff together and do the chicken dance for them (with the assistance of a musical toy chicken).

*does chicken dance for Belle*

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] [Party] [The Wave] [Party]
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO Belle!!!!!!! This is the most awesome news ever!
[Party] [The Wave] [Party] [The Wave]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Party]
*happy for you*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
That's great!!!

[Big Grin] x a million!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on accomplishing such a feat, may this disease ever remain behind you [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Belle!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Belle, you steel-spined woman, you! What an awesome feat!

*dances

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful!!!!!!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I am SO happy for you! And proud of you too! [Smile]

It's been a while since we've had such a sincere outpouring of smiley icons in a thread. I love it!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Awesome, Belle! Here's hoping the follow-ups are all fabulous. Enjoy your night out next week!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chanie
Member # 9544

- posted      Profile for Chanie   Email Chanie         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been following your story, and am very happy that it was such a success.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Thanks everybody. [Smile]

You know, I really am floored when I think about all my many blessings. I was blessed in the doctors I had, every one was wonderful and caring and I truly feel like they all did their best for me. I could not have asked for better nurses. NOt only were they great at their job they were compassionate, friendly, and made those long hours at chemo, if not enjoyable, bearable. My family has been right by my side ready to help me with anything. My friends, and I include all you guys in this, have supported me and lifted my spirits when I was down.

I can't say I'm glad I got cancer, but I do think this last year has been an important time in my life. I've learned a lot about myself, my faith, and what true friendship and love is all about. I do think I'm a stronger person, and one that appreciates life and all the wonderful gifts I have a bit more than I used to.

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Big Grin]

That is wonderful news Belle. You are an amazing and gracious woman and I wish you all the best with the rest of your recovery. [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, that makes me get almost weepy... A beautiful thing to say
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]

I am so happy for you!

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Go girl! That is great news!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news [Smile] .
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
You know how you have those days where you're blah till something unexpected makes you feel wonderfully good all over? Your post just did that for me. I'm so happy for you, Belle. [The Wave]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I'd be strong enough to go through a full course of chemo. I'm glad you were.

Congratulations, Belle. To a poison-free life. *clink* [Party]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You deserve a huge cake.

I'm so happy for you, Belle, and I hope you look forward to many long years ahead. [Smile]

(((((Belle)))))

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

woo woo!!! way to go!!!!

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I think she deserves a gigantic cake !
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! [Big Grin]

I'm like Space Opera, a very blah day for me. It's nice to hear great news at the end of it!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] [The Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, I know it wasn't easy. I am very glad for you and your family, and I wish you the best.

Not everyone finds such nice things to say about the people who gave her the chemo. It just shows what a special lady you are. [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
this is wonderful Belle [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!

My girlfriend's uncle just came through chemo, too, recovering from stage three cancer. This is GREAT, Belle! Congratulations!

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, Belle! Here's hoping this whole mess stays behind you! (((Belle)))
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] <~ My severely understated congrats!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.