FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » live long... and prosper, literally?!

Author Topic: live long... and prosper, literally?!
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
i just saw gates mcfadden in a commercial for microsoft. it's official, the gates between good and evil have broken down...

the enemy's gate(s) is down... there's no more barrier between good and evil... could OSC have known?!?

sorry, i could go on all day with the bad puns but i couldn't keep it in any longer...

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
B boy, welcome to the forum. Do you happen to know any of our other Torontoites? Torontians? Torontlings? Torontese?

What do you call a person from Toronto, anyway?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Canadian.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd go with Torontonian, but first I'd try to rephrase the sentence so it wasn't necessary.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Torontonian. And Canuck. Or popsicle. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Torontan [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Toronglodyte?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] That one has my vote.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

thanks for the welcome [Hat]

i'm pretty sure it's torontonians. but that sounds a little too much like some form of foot fetish scene for me. haha i like toronglodyte much better!

i used to know another <insert toronto resident name here> hatracker..someone i used to date was actively on here but don't know if they're still around. i finally got around to reading the books and thought i'd come by to check out the site. interestingly, a guy in the bookstore scoffed at me and told me that Ender's Game was something you to sink your teeth into when you were 12. i put the book back on the shelf... and grabbed the 3 book box set.

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sure! What was the screenname of the person you used to date, do you know (and of course, if you aren't comfortable saying, that's completely fine)?

Was this guy a fellow customer, or an employee? Either way, what a jackass!

b boy
Member # 9587

haha i just did some cursory investigating and it appears they're still around so i prolly shouldn't say [Wink]

the bookstore guy? a fellow customer... i should've inspected the books he was holding and given him my critical analysis... all in Heinlein's Lunar dialect. and a smattering of newspeak.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Ah, okay; probably wise.
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I live near a town called King. What should the residents of King be called?
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

plebians?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:

Kingons.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
In regards to Toronto--Torontiadors.
In regards to King--The Royal "We"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by steven:

Kingons.
Rivka wins.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.