FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » anyone seen 'Clerks II'?

Author Topic: anyone seen 'Clerks II'?
c.t.t.n.
Member # 9509

- posted      Profile for c.t.t.n.   Email c.t.t.n.         Edit/Delete Post 
just curious. I thought the whole "Sam was gay for Frodo" joke about the LOTR movies was hilarious. Ditto for 'arse to mouth'. Don't know about the donkey thing. That didn't do it for me.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed froim start to finish during this movie...but then I did during the original too. It is just a well done movie and it held very true to the original Clerks.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
Great movie. I really loved the transformers kid... and the [expletive] troll! I could not stop laughing!

And the scene where Jay is just there doing a mangina, classic!

Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c.t.t.n.
Member # 9509

Sam being gay for Frodo is still the funniest part to me. The transformers kid could have been taken even farther, IMO. He seemed pretty normal to me as he was.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
angio: That was a silence of the lambs reference. It was a continuation of his apply lipstick (lipbalm) for the camera in the previous scene.

I thought Dante's fiancee was a skeetch.

I liked Dante's Inferno right at the beginning.

There are a lot of jokes I'd love to quote but they're A> profane and B> spoilers.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by c.t.t.n.:
Sam being gay for Frodo is still the funniest part to me. The transformers kid could have been taken even farther, IMO. He seemed pretty normal to me as he was.

This has me very worried, because Sam being Gay for Frodo is about the oldest, most worn out pop-culture reference joke there is. I cringe at that part of the trailer, even though it makes perfect sense for Randall to say something like that.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c.t.t.n.
Member # 9509

Jim--it's funny because of Randal's tone and the set-up. Randal isn't the type to bust people's sacred cows unless they are just begging for it.
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed it very much. Kevin Smith is a master when it comes to dialog.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:
quote:
Originally posted by c.t.t.n.:

This has me very worried, because Sam being Gay for Frodo is about the oldest, most worn out pop-culture reference joke there is. I cringe at that part of the trailer, even though it makes perfect sense for Randall to say something like that.
Jim, it's old to you and me and everyone who grew up reading Tolkein. But to those who first learned about hobbits by seeing Peter Jackson's movies, the Sam and Frodo gay jokes are brand new.

Either way...I still laughed.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
i'll be seeing this within the next few days.

can't wait.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
strider: watch silence of the lambs before you go.

Heck, watch silence of the lambs anyway

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
*spoilers*

Rosario Dawson made this movie for me. I've always thought that she was gorgeous, now I know that she can play smart. I'm curious about her range.

The two musical scenes were lovely. The homage to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid was exquisite, and at first, I thought they threw in the Jackson Five scene to make me fall in love with Dawson, which I did, but when they blew the top off and made it a full musical production, I almost wanted to stand up and cheer. That was straight out of Ferris Bueller.

[ July 26, 2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back to the States but I should be seeing it pretty soon (along with Superman Returns and the new Pirates of the Caribbean). I've heard good things about it so far though.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it.

Trouble is, Smith's obsession with nastiness almost ruined it.

Randal was awesome. I adored the scene with Jason Lee.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.