FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wedding Pictures!

Author Topic: Wedding Pictures!
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well hello, everyone! I'm finally getting around to sharing pictures of my wedding. [Smile] I got married a month ago, but I got somewhat delayed because my husband decided to break his arm the week we got back from our honeymoon. I also don't have a way to host pictures to share. I know there are bunches of free ways to host pictures online, but I haven't had a chance to figure one out. However, today I found out that my brother in law posted all the pictures he took on picasa. They're mostly candid, but they give a great idea what it was like.

Enjoy! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, those are great! I love the dress, it's simple yet elegant (and I bet the Temple matron loved it, too! She was so thrilled mine had a modest neckline... [Wink] ) Those pics don't show much of the Temple... Is that the L.A. Temple? That's the Temple (besides Dallas) I'm most familiar with (we got married there, and it's our Temple district), but I'm clueless with architecture when viewed at different angles than I'm used to... It sure looks like the L.A. Temple to me, though. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Yep, it's the LA Temple. [Smile] That's where my parents got married. As soon as we decided to get married in California I knew that was where I wanted it to be.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it a gorgeous Temple? (Well, apart from the view from the front, I mean. [Wink] ) I'll never forget the first time my father-in-law saw it, he was totally shocked by how big it is. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

It was my first time there. It is definitely huge! The grounds (well, at least the ones we had access to) were gorgeous. It looks completely different in person than it does in the pictures you see. I wish we could have done a session before the wedding, but the temple wasn't even officially open. They just had three sealings the day we got sealed. No other ordinances at all. We felt very lucky to have the opportunity that we did. [Smile]
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Wow, that's a serious wedding party.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[Smile] Those six girls are just my sisters and Paul's sisters.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by hansenj:
It was my first time there. It is definitely huge! The grounds (well, at least the ones we had access to) were gorgeous. It looks completely different in person than it does in the pictures you see. I wish we could have done a session before the wedding, but the temple wasn't even officially open. They just had three sealings the day we got sealed. No other ordinances at all. We felt very lucky to have the opportunity that we did. [Smile]

Ah, I was wondering when you said you were married a month ago, 'cause I knew it looked like L.A., but I had thought they just re-opened. Now it makes sense. [Smile]

Did you get a chance to visit the Visitors' Center and see the statues out front?

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

You looked absolutely beautiful. I thought this was a particularly lovely shot.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Nope. [Frown] All the more reason to go back someday!
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful wedding. Everyone looked so happy, and the bridal party was elegant (especially you and your sweetie).

Loved the colour of the origami and leis setting off the deep blue and pale pink.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful. Congratulations! Sorry about your husbands arm though.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely lovely. Congratulations!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

I agree about your dress, it is really lovely! Beautiful pictures... congrats!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous! Congratulations!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
http://lh3.google.com/brian.whitmer/RLHyg6VaABI/AAAAAAAAAKU/oOO1bv-kfgo/jennie%27s%20wedding%20day%20061.jpg?imgmax=640

Hey, you look beautiful! Congratulations on your wedding!

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
All the best on the next chapter of your life together!!
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That's where I got married!

Great pics. Congratulations.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[Smile] Thanks guys!
Mathematician
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Mathematician           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it amusing that the pictures are labeled with "Jennie's Wedding", as opposed to "Jennie and Paul's Wedding" (though maybe your brother in law set it up that way).

Even today, my wife still refers to it as "her" wedding, not "ours" ;-)

Posts: 168 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Jenny! Congradulations!
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.