FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cross the fingers! (stupid 2.01 points)

Author Topic: Cross the fingers! (stupid 2.01 points)
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
The promotion test results for Staff Sergeant come out tomorrow, and due to our perpetual status as a critical job field I believe the "pass" percentage is at around 40%. I think I stand a pretty good chance of getting it, but am still a bit nervous. A crossing of the fingers would be greatly appreciated!

[ August 09, 2006, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: airmanfour ]

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demonstrocity
Member # 9579

- posted      Profile for Demonstrocity   Email Demonstrocity         Edit/Delete Post 
Fingers crossed for ya.
Posts: 246 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~airmanfour~~~
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
X <------- My fingers [Smile]
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
i';m cvrodsing m yfi8ghers

9it m,akeds itr ve4ry dfiffic ul;t to9 tyupe

Good luck.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I cross my toes instead? Samprimary's post indicates why. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't get it. You'd have to change your screen name! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
If you do get it, what will your new sn be? staffsargefour? [Wink]

Good luck!

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
XXXXX

Good Luck!

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
As of this post al digits are crossed.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
i';m cvrodsing m yfi8ghers

9it m,akeds itr ve4ry dfiffic ul;t to9 tyupe

Good luck.

Ha!

Nell Gwyn - I've been thinking about that. Technically I'll still be an airman, just an NCOish airman. I've grown attached to airmanfour and aimanfour and aimfour and however people misread it. Whatever happens, airmanfour remains!

Edited to thank you all for your support.

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that on the AF Portal today. Is it 9AM tomorrow? Good luck!
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
You should make it. We just got the E-7 results today. I wasn't up for it, but I knew about 10 people that did.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

9AM?! I just knew it was tomorrow and planned on checking the vMPF and the promotions page of the AFPC website periodically.

Thanks! I have a friend who said the wardrobe switch to Chief was like $700 or something sick like that. If I get it, I get three sets of patches sewn on in like a year.

Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I could have sworn the Portal front page said 9AM, dunno if that was EST or not.

I don't know much about the enlisted, but I do know never to call someone E-4 or above "Sarge" if you value your life.

J (a lowly GS-9)

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

Thanks! I'm switching to the night shift later this week so I'm probably not going to wake up until noonish, but it's nice to know the results, good or bad, will be there to greet me.

You call an E-4 "Sarge" and people get real confused. I make a habit of doing things that people don't like for no good reason, calling Sergeants in the AF and Army "Sarge", calling ships boats, and making sure people understand that when people refer to a "head" or "latrine", they really mean potty.

A lowlier E-4

B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck and hopefully by tomorrow at this time you won't be a lowlier E-4 but an E-5 and well on your way to Cheif!
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

Yup, I needed 2.01 more points to pass. That's either 3 questions I answered wrong, or a medal I don't have, or three more months in grade I haven't served. That's it! Oh well, I guess I'll get it next year.
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, I never did understand those tests and the way people are measured. It sucks that you were so close, at least you know you'll be a shoe in next year.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.