FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » GenCon attendees!

Author Topic: GenCon attendees!
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
You folks know who you are. How was it? What did you do? I've wanted to go ever since I was 10 or 11 and read a friend's older brother's Dragon magazine.

Also, did any of you go to see the Pirates of the Burning Sea booth (It's a MMOG, pirate-style)? How was it?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I only saw about an hour of the dealer's room, then spent several hours in the anime section of the con, but it was great fun. Some of the booths selling off old CCGs were very nostalgic, there were far too many interesting games around that I didn't have any time to try, and lots of merchandise that I lacked money to buy.

Next year I'm going for a lot longer, if I can [Smile] .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Selling off old CCGs? Damn, I should have gone. I might have been able to pick up some Netrunner cards.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent all four days there. It was absolutely fantastic. And PBS looks pretty good, actually; Christy might even contemplate buying it.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, a few years after a game is dead is THE time to get into a given CCG. You could get Netrunner starter decks at GenCon this year for just under a dollar.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and I think they had booster boxes for around $10.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think that'll hold for next year? I like to buy lots of Netrunner cards and then give them to interested friends. [Smile] However, Netrunner has been out of print for a decade, aside from the 52-card Classic set that came out in 1999.

Added: And the allure of playing sealed deck is very, very strong.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

You know, we should REALLY get a GenCon group together. I'd love to run through TrueDungeon with you guys.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I spent all four days there. It was absolutely fantastic. And PBS looks pretty good, actually; Christy might even contemplate buying it.

Good to hear... Maybe we can create a Hatrack Mercantile group (or whatever guilds will be called).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.