FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So, uh, any William Shatner fans out there?

Author Topic: So, uh, any William Shatner fans out there?
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
My old roommte was obsessed with this song.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
That's an awesome album.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be a fan if I could actually in any way tolerate the way that he talks.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, there... is... NOTHINGBETTER... than the... way... will... iamshatnerTALKS.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I sat across the arena from him at a horse show once.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone see the Shatner roast on comedy central?
Doh, that's on the 20th isn't it? [Wink]

[ August 19, 2006, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I love his role in Boston Legal. Very fun!
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, Telp, I saw tomorrow's roast, it was groovy.

Kevin Pollack has the supreme Shatner impression. He cracks me up.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

OMG, Shatner raps Marc Antony's eulogy of Caesar on YouTube. I hadn't seen that before [ROFL]

And of course, there's Shatner's immortal rendition of 'Rocket Man' at a 70s sci-fi awards banquet, complete with dramatic puffs of his cigarette.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

To be fair, I've actually recently enjoyed Shatner's performances on TOS Star Trek on the G4 channel. Sure, he's hammy, but so is the rest of that show.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Picture yourself... in a boat... on a river...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
Get a life!
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I sat across the arena from him at a horse show once.

:applaudes:
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I can't hear you
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen a handful of episodes, but from what I can tell, Shatner lights up the screen as Dennycrane in Boston Legal. I'm thinking about downloading the entire second season.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the best thread ever.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
when shatner stopped being full of himself and started making fun of himself being full of himself he was worth watching.
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Denny Crane is the role he was born to play.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked him in Over the Hedge.

"Can't see! Darkness....closing in..."

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Too...dang...funny.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Denny Crane is the role he was born to play.

I know, right? I thought I'd never be able to see him as anyone but James T. Kirk. But Denny Crane is simply amazing. I remember watching the last few eps of The Practice, when we first got to see Crane, Poole and Schmidt. God, who is even left from there now? It's pretty much just Denny, isn't it? Or was Brad there, too?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping everyone saw his roast last night?
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it. I was unimpressed. There were a few really funny people, and a lot of not so funny people. And did anyone miss the fact that Sulu is gay? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Betty White was pretty funny actually. Or maybe i was just so suprised to see her up there.

but yeah, definitely not as funny as say the Drew Carrey roast.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
...Sulu is gay!? [Eek!]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Irami Osei-Frimpong:
I've only seen a handful of episodes, but from what I can tell, Shatner lights up the screen as Dennycrane in Boston Legal. I'm thinking about downloading the entire second season.

Denny Crane! He rocks! I want someone to buy the rights to Grisham's "The Broker" and have Shatner play that character as the main role in the film. James Spader is pretty good also, who though the original Daniel Jackson could play such a role, well never mind he did sex, lies and videotape, as well as a couple of other interesting roles.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.