FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » VERY difficult 3-d cube game (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: VERY difficult 3-d cube game
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Done, Score 61353. Level 30 was... anticlimactic.

Of course, I kept leaving it and going back, so the time score isn't exactly what it could have been if I drove myself mad trying to finish in the shortest possible time. Still, I made it to page 15 of the high scores!

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Gyah. Stuck on 23.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate lvl 16 so much.

Ill LOVE you if anybody can tell me just ONE of the color paths that is correct for lvl 16. Just so I have some sort of stability. I am not sure of a single color and I hate it!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I beat 16 and realized there isnt an effective way to describe the solution.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

sorry for double posting but I think lvl 26 is completely misplaced, its far easier than some of the earlier puzzles.

edit: err not double posting but triple posting!

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, the puzzle order seems a bit odd. I got stuck on 16, 23 and 27, but the rest were fairly easy. And adding in the black boxes seems to actually make the puzzles easier, because they are usually set up so that they add constraints on where you can go. Fewer options = faster solving time.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by xnera:
We got this game with our IBM Aptiva (this was years ago). I absolutely loved it, partially because of the background music and the zen-like sayings when you completed a level. I've been searching for an implementation ever since. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get a working copy of this, would you? I'd be willing to pay for it, if it's available for purchase anywhere.

Do you have a mac? I did a partial rewrite in Objective-C to the point where it plays well, but otherwise has a rather non-functional user interface. I could even give you the source code, but I'm not sure even I would want to wade through what I wrote several years ago.

Alas, I was not able to duplicate the trippy music and backgrounds, nor the subliminal messages.

I am still stuck on 23, by the way. [Grumble]

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I am also stuck on 16. It is the green box that gets me every time. Can someone just tell me which direction the green one on the east face should go to start?

Dang! Just realized the colors are random each time you play!

Spoiler for 16

Why was 17 so much easier! Agh!

[ August 25, 2006, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: MandyM ]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can someone just tell me which direction the green one on the east face should go to start?
Sure, that's easy. Start at one green box, it doesn't matter which. Then work your way toward the other green box.

Just sound silly once you say it out loud. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

Whoa. The solution to 23 is freakin' awesome.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

And, done. The rest were pretty easy.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck on 20. I keep saying stuck, then I solve it the next day.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it. I don't suppose anyone is taking screen shots of these just before they solve them so I can cheat?

I did for 18. It was the only one I remembered to at.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Ok now I am stuck on 19. I am sure it is something obvious but I am not seeing it. I spelt on it last night and played in my sleep which would be worth it if I could get it this morning. Ugh!
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone help me with fifteen?
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whoa. The solution to 23 is freakin' awesome.
Wow, that's so comforting.

*stuck on 23*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hopefully I didn't just jinx it. I don't suppose anyone is taking screen shots of these just before they solve them so I can cheat?
I am. I'm stuck on 23, now, too.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

On 15, number the grid abcde across the top and 12345 down the side. On the west side face click A1 and connect it up to its match on the top face staying as close to the edge as possible. Now click D2. Go around the other color, c2,b2, then down, b3,b4, c4, c5. Then follow it all the way around the east face as close to the bottom edge as possible. On the top face, again stay on the east edge and connect it. Then there is a channel for the last color.

Now someone help me with 19. Please!

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am. I'm stuck on 23, now, too.
Me, three. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like I had the same problems as everyone else. 16, 23, and 27 were ridiculously difficult, and all the rest were a breeze. I probably spent as much time on those three puzzles as I did on the others combined.

Does anyone know of similar games I can play? I really liked this one.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I have screenshots of a few if anyone wants hints.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I love 27. Haven't solved it yet, but it's so awesome.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dasa
Member # 8968

- posted      Profile for Dasa   Email Dasa         Edit/Delete Post 
This game was cool [Smile] Got stuck on 16, 20 and 23. For some reason I solved 27 pretty fast
Posts: 107 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you looking for more logic games, I've found a lot of good ones on this site: http://www.microgames.info/index.php?cPath=24

There's four pages, so be sure to click through to see all the games. Particular favorites of mine are Gridlock, Splash Back, Plumber 2, and Shrunken.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Stuck on 23....
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesss! Solved 23. I have a screen shot ... if anyone gets desperate....

Now I'm stuck on 26. No one else has complained about 26! I'm just blind today.

Edit: Oh my goodness. That was so simple. Why couldn't I see that?

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Gah! My IE window froze and I had to restart it. Now I will be stuck on 19 again!
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been stuck on 17 for days. I come back to it every so often, sometimes every day, sometimes less. And people call it easy. 16 didn't take me nearly as long.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm stuck on 19, curses!
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Katarain, 17 was so easy after trying to solve 16 but the next time I played I couldn't remember and it took me FOREVER! 19 was harder than 16 or 17 though. Now I am on 23 and have been since Tuesday. Part of me wants to break down and ask for the screen shot.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I had downloaded and I was stuck on 23. A couple of days ago, my husband did something to the computer and had to do a restore. Now I will have to start over.

I'm not doing that today.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.