FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Baby Is So Grown Up

Author Topic: My Baby Is So Grown Up
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Mooselet started kindergarten yesterday. We have known for a couple of months that his girlfriend* would be in the same class. Not only are they in the same class, but they were assigned seats right next to each other at the same desk. I don't know how long that will last.

I also recognized someone when we entered the class yesterday. In the class there is the teacher and an assistant. The assistant in Mooselet's kindergarten class was my 3rd grade teacher. Apparently she officially retired last year, but they don't have a new assistant yet, so she is there helping out.

*Mooselet says he is going to marry her. She has told her Dad that she is going to marry Mooselet.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wow....man, I remember when he was born. [Smile] [Smile] He's so darling. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I even made it through the day without crying.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my word! Your baby IS growing up. Are you sure you didn't leak even one tear? C'mon -- you can level with us . . . [Big Grin]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cute!

(and I guess time really does fly doesn't it?)

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww. [Smile] That's adorable.

I had a boyfriend in kindergarten too. He asked me to marry him at some point in the year, and I said yes (I think), and thus we've been engaged for about 20 years now. We've never bothered to formally break it off - we had a running joke all the way through high school about being fiance(e)s, even though we never really dated.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That first day is a big one! Congrats to the whole Moose family. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Mooselet!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Mama, on making it through a dignified First Day. [Smile]

How long have Mooselet and his girlfriend been friends?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. That is sweet.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

I swear there was not even close to one tear. I think it was because we have sent him off to surgery so many times that kindergarten was easy.

They have known each other probably close to a year. Pop would know for sure.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop would guess about a year as well. (Pop also does know for sure that there were no tears. Well, not from her or Mooselet. *wink*)
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
awww, Papa Moose . . . [Smile]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Mooses.

I remember in 1st grade I asked one girl to marry me. She was a bit snobby- and turned her nose up and said no. So I asked the next girl to marry me- I think her name was Melanie. She said yes and was real excited- then she started getting annoying and like writing notes in class- so I stopped talking to her.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She said yes and was real excited- then she started getting annoying and like writing notes in class- so I stopped talking to her.
Gah! Notes! IN CLASS! And people wonder why men grow up to have a fear of commitment!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Mama and Pops

My Rainbow's best friend is a boy and their friendship is so sweet, I hate to think it's just a passing phase. Having had no experience with little kid boy-girl best-friendness, it's nice to hear about how it goes with other kids.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Well, they didn't even make it through the first week next to each other. The teacher has already assigned Mooselet's girlfriend a new desk away from him. I am sure it is for the best.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oh no! His first long-distance relationship.

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.