FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Should I be scared of this?

Author Topic: Should I be scared of this?
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
They're making a Peewee's Playhouse movie.
The idea of a third Peewee movie honestly scares me. Paul Ruebens is a great character actor, but holy crap! I thought Peewee had died off years ago (Aside from his resent return to Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.)

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Peewee's Playhouse frightens me to no end. It disturbs me on a very deep level. I sometimes wonder if this is because I'm too young to have seen it on tv when I was a child.

[Angst] [Angst] [Angst] [Angst]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Should I be scared of this?
The answer to this is always yes.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I saw it as a young child. Watched it every day. Then I saw in on Cartoon network last week. It scared the crap out of me! I can't believe my parents let me watch it. It has to be the first "Children's show" to include the dramatic affect of sexual tension. I even had a WHOA! moment. Miss Evan was talking to Fireman Frank, who was instructing everyone about fire safety. She states, with a dreamy, I-want-you look in her eyes, "I have a fire detector. Over my bed." WHAT!?!?!?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
It traumatized me as a child and it traumatizes me now. Ugh. Terrifying.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. My. Goodness. I didn't know Pee Wee did the voice of Max in Flight of the Navigator. How in the world didn't I make that connection before?
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
And they're making a "Reno 911: Miami" movie as well?!?

And read Reuben's bio...

quote:
...Regardless, he had recently made a promise not to play Pee-Wee anymore and used his arrest as an chance to portray other roles.
We should be so lucky.

And can you believe he's a former Marine?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
The AV Club had a really great interview with Reuben two weeks ago. My internet isn't working right, so I can't link directly to the interview, but, if you are so incline, you could find it through the link above. [Edit:I found it.]

Anyway, he mentions in the interview that he has an option of two different movies that he can make, and hasn't decided yet. One would be an intentionally dark comedy geared much more towards adults than his previous work; more in line with his original standup routines I'd imagine (though he said that the innuendos in the TV show would still be more risky). The other would be a classic along the same lines as everybody's favorite: PeeWee's Big Adventure; geared towards children.

Although I don't know if there is event talk about Tim Burton directing. That would be amazing.

I can't believe so many of ya'll are anti-new-PeeWee-movie. When I first heard about this, I was thrilled. It will be great, almost guaranteed. Reuben is a type of genius. I mad, crazy type, but a type none the less. Regardless of the tastlessness of the media hype surrounding him or the irresponsible actions he has taken in the past.

Anyways, I can't wait for the movie. And read the interview if you are at all interested, it is very good.

Edit: Also, Reuben mentions that the puppets will be leaving the playhouse, that means complete free range motion. He talks about the problems with this, but says that it will be completely live action puppets, no CGI. He wants it to look as low tech as the original.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Peewee, and now that [adult swim] has been showing the series again I can see why!
It's funnier now than back then! [Big Grin]

I guess their reasoning that Peewee's Big Adventure wasn't really about the playhouse is ok... [Smile]
As long as we get another movie that sounds great!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Telp, loved it then and love it more now!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.