FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CW should have let 7th Heaven Die

Author Topic: CW should have let 7th Heaven Die
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the season premier of 7th Heaven was awful. It seemed like the cast was just going through the motions. They tried to hard to explain why we were not seeing any of the kids and not enough time dealing with real story lines. I really think the CW should have let 7th Heaven stay cancelled and let it go out in style, instead of letting this show become what it seems like it will become this season.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
They had to keep it around...when UPN and the WB merged, they quickly realized they could combine for like, 3 hours of good TV, tops. Gotta fill those primetime hours with something.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Letting it die was too good for it.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that Seventh Heaven has been a guilty pleasure of mine since I was a teenager. My husband thinks it's cheesy, but I've always liked it.

But I gotta agree with you. It's lost that loving feeling.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like it, but I can't miss it, it was the first show I liked as a preteen, ten years ago.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...when UPN and the WB merged...
Not surprising, but when did that happen? Has it been that long since I've seen non-cable channels?

You mean there are channels other than TNT, TBS, USA Network, Cartoon Network and Sci-Fi?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
September 19th.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the new season. But I was surprised to see that it was being continued after that finale last season.

I used to love that show. But it stopped being a "must see" at least two seasons back. [Frown]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ridiculous.

They could have let Seventh Heaven die and kept Everwood on the air, rather than leaving Everwood at a cliffhanger with, as far as I'm concerned, unresolved issues and a way too fast resolution, rather than slap this show back together half assed and pass it off as good.

I'm done with the WB and UPN, and their CW bastard offspring.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Everwood is supposed to be coming back as a mid-season replacement, neh?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Rivka, I don't think so, it'd be really really nice if it was though, even though I stopped watching it for a while in the middle.
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to give Gilmore Girls a chance. But I have my doubts.

I never was able to get in to Veronica Mars.

I will sometimes watch Everybody Hates Chris.

I stopped watching Everwood around the middle of the second season.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I like Gilmore Girls, actually it's probably the only show I like on tv right now.

Zal, that's about when I stopped watching Everwood, but I watched the last three episodes, which were good.

I've never seen much VM because at my house we don't really get UPN, but we do get CW.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE Veronica Mars. It's Gilmore Girls in a noir world.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Veronica Mars too. I enjoyed 7th Heaven for awhile several years ago but I just fell away and never really got into it again.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayelle
Member # 9745

- posted      Profile for Jayelle           Edit/Delete Post 
Veronica Mars is the best show ever, Gilmore Girls has lost it's charm (last season went downhill)but I'm hoping it gets better this year.

7th Heaven *shudder* man oh man. The (fake) series finale was the worst thing ever "I'm having twins!" "So am I" "So am I!" Bah.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried to watch Veronica Mars, but it just doesn't quite work. I should start Netflixing season 1 -- I always do better when I start from the beginning.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Arg. They should have! I hate that show. It annoys me so much! On every single level >.<
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Gilmore Girls. Though I agree, the last season seemed alittle lost. With the creators gone, I know its likely to only get worse, but I adore this show. Being the same age as Rory and having bonded over the show with my mother in high school, I'll be sad to see it go.

I've never been a 7th Heaven fan, though I remember watching it some in its early years. Sometimes I'll catch a rerun of the later seasons just to see where everyone ended up. I always thought it was amusing that a "family show" would be so dysfunctional. Its kinda sad that when I disappoint my mother I can just remind her of the daughters on the show.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I was a 7th Heaven fan back when I was in 8th grade through a bit of high school.

VM I love. I can't wait until the third season starts.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've tried to watch Veronica Mars, but it just doesn't quite work. I should start Netflixing season 1 -- I always do better when I start from the beginning.
Yes, it is definitely one of those shows where you need to start from the beginning and then watch every episode. Too many subtle things you'll miss otherwise. It's an excellent show. I would recommend giving it a chance.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The season premiere is next Tuesday. There's only a 13 episode order! Three mysteries a season instead one long one, so it is easier to get into once the season has started.

www.marsinvestigations.net
That'll answer all questions. Do NOT read if you plan on getting the DVDs, though. This is a mystery show, and the entire site is an explanation of the mysteries.

Or, select that last episode you saw from the drop-down menu on the upper right. The site will configure itself to not give spoilers for anything after that. [Smile]

[ September 27, 2006, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.