FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bad Hobbits (a mayfly)

Author Topic: Bad Hobbits (a mayfly)
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Heehee, my first one too!

So seriously you guys, Fatty Bolger needed some more backbone, and Mr. Maggot, however nice he was later, shouldn't be abusing children by beating them and sending dogs at them. Pavlov be darned!

[ROFL]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a mayfly or a dobbie? Or both?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
It's only a dobie if you have a link included ie to a "bad hobbit". So right now it isn't exactly a mayfly OR a dobie.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
I really can't think of any bad Hobbits. There were definitely a few naughty ones, but that isn't quite what you were aiming for.
Gollum might be put forward as an example. But then again, he wasn't really a Hobbit to begin with. More something along the lines of a pre-Hobbit. And then after centuries of living under a mountain, was he even that any more?

The only thing I can really come up with that fits the topic of this thread is a poster I once saw. It displayed Gandalf and Bilbo, sitting amiably together looking out over a beautiful landscape, smoking pot. It was titled 'The Habit'.
I'm sorry that I can't supply you with a link. But then again I'm sure that most of you would be able to find such things on the net way faster than me, if you really wanted to.

ps. I don't know whether it's bad form to reply seriously to this kind of thread. But all I can say is that if you dobie my threads you can expect me to respond. I've had enough doobies to discuss anything at least semi-intelligently. Be warned! [Big Grin]

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can't supply any bad hobbits for you, but as for bad muppets...
Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Ted Sandyman was a bad hobbit. Here's a link to make it a dobie (altough I'm not seeing the thread it's dobie-ing).
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure most people don't agree with me. A mayfly is a post that will be deleted, this really only needs to be done in a thread that is like "hey so and so, read this" or something. You don't have to delete posts about things that are actually things, and when you say you will, you often don't.

A dobie is a thread with a similar name to a thread that already exists, and it has a link, must have a link to qualify, the link should be funny.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad Hobbit?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, he's not bad. He's just goofy.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what Vonk did. I link THAT site. [Wink] Dobie ftw.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
What about these Hobbits? They stole all Bilbo's crap!

Don't forget the most hated Hobbit of all.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn:

Now I've got "the most hated hobbit of all" going through my head to the tune of "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer."

I've got this special talent - it only takes one or two words usually to get a tune going through my head. I don't think I've ever had this happened before, though ... [Angst] [Dont Know]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
You know Frodo, and Pippin, Merry and Fatty,
The Old Took and Sam, Bilbo and Rosie.

But do you recalll, the most hated, Hobbit of all?
Smeagol the evil hobbit, had a very shiny ring,
And if you ever saw it, you would probably crave his bling.

All of the other Hobbits, used to laugh and call him names (Like stinker!)
They never let poor Smeagol, join in any Hobbit games (Like golf!)

Then one foggy third age eve, Bilbo came to say,
Smeagol with your ring so bright, won't you guide my quest tonight.

Then all the Hobbits hated him, as they shouted out with hate filled glee,
Smeagol the hated hobbit, you'll go down in history (Like Sauron!)

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.