FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Myspace (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Myspace
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.myspace.com/altariel_of_dorthonion
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Theres a cop at my school that actually monitors what you put on your myspace. Pretty much the only reason I don't got one.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
Theres a cop at my school that actually monitors what you put on your myspace. Pretty much the only reason I don't got one.

Doesn't surprise me, I work with an IT guy that does the same thing.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Yeah and if you got stuff on there he don't like you could be in trouble. A couple kids got suspended and junk. It was a pretty big fiasco.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
How does this cop know that you have a myspace?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

I think he has his own account and he knows a student who has a lot of friends on myspace. Then he sorta just goes through the web of friends and browses through their content looking for bad stuff...
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't use it much at all, but here you go:

http://www.myspace.com/phaedra2

(I'm more of the facebook type too.)

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by airmanfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
No offense intended whatsoever, but if you aren't in college, I will most definetly not allow myself to be visible to you on facebook. I have my profile set that way because I am very much against facebook being eroded into a myspace copy- facebook is for people I can see in real life, with their real names, and no agenda (mostly).

Offense taken. [/QB]
Ok.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.myspace.com/aion_teleos

I pretty much only log in if somebody sends me a message. Although lately that's actually been pretty often.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.myspace.com/cabridges

Getting the word about my News-Journal blog and other writings out there. At least, that's the theory. Mostly so far I just hunt for celebrities. Gad, my shallowness has been revealed! Agh!

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.myspace.com/esteban1013

also have facebook, I'll have to look for the hatrack group

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I use friendster.

I find that there are is a section of people who were turned on to Friendster before myspace and facebook hit. It's a noticably different crowd, and I appreciate that. I have a myspace account to keep up with my family, and that is it, I don't accept friend requests from anyone who isn't blood relation, but for some reason, my friends are more likely to be on friendster, and since I only want to keep up with one site at a time, I've chosen friendster.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abysmalpoptart
Member # 10061

- posted      Profile for abysmalpoptart   Email abysmalpoptart         Edit/Delete Post 
i might as well join in on the bandwagon :-/

www.myspace.com/alfo

check iiiit

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.myspace.com/xsubaru511

blog at http://chrisa511.blogspot.com

Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm suprised I didn't post mine sooner. I've had one for a while now. We must have another topic on this, because I have a couple people from Hatrack on my friend's list. Most of my "friends" are bands. I like to make it easy to check up on tour dates and all. That, and I use the message boards on it as well. Unfortunately, one of the groups is bringing me onto a lot of responsibilty. Where as I have to contact a certain senior official on my base. I hate my job sometimes. But the kid didn't listen to our warnings, so I am going to do what I told him.

Anyway, here is my MySpace page.

I know all but the last one on my top 24. Most of them I served with. The last "friend" is the main sponsor for my NASCAR driver, Jeremy Mayfield, this coming season. I keep it there, because the CEO of that company said that it actually did belong to them.

Edit to say I changed my top friends a bit. Now I do know everyone on it.

[ January 26, 2007, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is a Yahoo 360 account. http://360.yahoo.com/brojack17
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luet13:
I think mine is http://www.myspace.com/ellyanderson

When I first got myspace I loved finding people I hadn't talked to in years.

This is the exact reason why I haven't joined a social networking site like Facebook or Myspace. There's people from my past that I do not wish to speak to, and I fear if I join one of these sites, they'll find me. Perhaps a silly fear, but there it is.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's an entirely sensible concern, as that is exactly the sort of thing that happens. That's what these sites are for. On the plus side, you can usually lock it so that only approved people can see it. But still, the only wayt to be sure is to avoid them.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
http://www.myspace.com/yourprecious

I am friending all of you.

-pH

So okay, I thought you looked like River before I saw the River quote under one of the pictures. [Smile]

I'm not sharing my myspace cause it's dumb. [Razz]

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, if you send me a friend request I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a brief "Hey, Noemon, this is X from Hatrack. Just sent you a friend request" type message as well, so that I know who it is that's wanting to add me/be added by me.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
I don't know if zuckerman was ever indie, but he certainly has changed his priorities in light of the promise of ALOT of cash changing hands. This is obvious isn't it? Just saying.

Why does it matter? It hasn't changed the tone of Facebook. Facebook is STILL not a place to talk to random strangers. It's STILL a place to get in touch with friends you already know.

-pH

MySpace is that way for me. It all depends on how you manage your friendslist. My profile on MySpace is private and I only add people that I know.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
In case anyone hasn't heard:

I just got a bulletin informing me that there were profiles on my friends list that I did not approve. Also, they are only visible if you click on "Edit Friends", not if you click on "View all of my friends". The profiles don't have a picture, just the gray box w/ red X, and are named "This Profile Has Been Deleted".

I know that they can't actually be deleted profiles, because I have a pretty small friends list and would notice if anyone deleted their profile, and also, if someone deletes their profile, it shouldn't appear on anyone's friends list, even as a deleted profile.

In the bulletin I got, it said that these profiles were hackers. I don't know if that's true or not, but it makes sense, and I don't want them getting access to my profile or selling my info to marketing companies.

So, check it out, see if you have any. I heard that some people have had hundreds. I only had two and my coworker had 34.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I had twenty-something.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, here is mine:
www.myspace.com/keithfender

i mainly use facebook and myspace to procrastinate from studying. it can be a very easy way to kill time. its good for keeping in touch as well, or getting online jokes between friends. im not a big fan of the random person posting "hey saw u on myspace, u r hawt, lets be friends." these ppl get instantly denied. really just use it for my friends and thats it.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Had one deleted account. Not quite sure what the motivation is for anyone to hack an account, but i killed it out anyway.
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
After making fun of my daughter for years about MySpace, I've actually gotten my own.... http://www.myspace.com/noeticskein

Hopefully I don't spiral into addiction like I once did on hatrack, heh.

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maliam
Member # 9915

- posted      Profile for Maliam   Email Maliam         Edit/Delete Post 
Heres me if anyone wants. http://www.myspace.com/maliamsworld
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
"Myspace" is the name of a good song by Eleventyseven.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's mine. Go ahead and add me!

http://www.myspace.com/57700608

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Once I'm away from my school's firewall, I'll add everyone... more jatraquero goodness.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.