FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The complete works of Charles Darwin online

Author Topic: The complete works of Charles Darwin online
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
All available for free for anyone interested.

http://darwin-online.org.uk/

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Just ... wow. You're my hero. [Hat]

edit: I guess I should clarify. I'm doing a research project on Darwin and was getting tired of trying to find some of his works in the library. This makes my life so much easier.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Where you see coincidence...I see providence. [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Where you see providence...I see evolution.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that coming.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
What you saw coming... I'm seeing going!
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all should take this act on the road. I don't care where, just as long as it ain't here. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!

Just reading The God Delusion and thinking I should really read some original Darwin!

Strider, you're my crane.

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they were already online?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! I was in the mood to read some fiction-comedy.
Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, neat! Still glad I have my copy of "Origin of the Species" on the bookshelf, though. [Smile]

It still boggles my mind that Darwin considered that tome the *abstract* of a much longer multi-volume work he had planned.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Are they out of copyright? [Razz]
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:

Just reading The God Delusion and thinking I should really read some original Darwin!

I love Dawkins. I was actually just given The God Delusion as a present last week, haven't gotten to it yet.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Apparently, they've been available for some time...

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/d#a485

I always get amused at Gutenberg and that the Kamasutra is always listed in the top five most popular...

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

you trying to steal my thunder?
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

No, I'm usually this annoying. You're no special than anyone else. [Wink]

Actually, your link is considerably more thorough.

Strider
Member # 1807

That's right. you better recognize!
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Y'all should take this act on the road. I don't care where, just as long as it ain't here. [Razz]

God sayeth unto the Dinosaurs: "Hey man, don't go away mad... just go away."
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.