FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello There - and a question of BB ethics

Author Topic: Hello There - and a question of BB ethics
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a newb. I found this forum a long while ago and have been lurking in the shadowy shadows for some time. Sometimes I nod in agreement, sometimes I hold my hands up in horror, and occasionally I laugh out loud.

I also enjoy reading the threads...

Anyhow, my question:

I was taken by the December gift exchange idea - but as a lurker I haven't really contributed to the community - would it still be cool to participate?

Yours etiquettically challenged,

Rich

PS As a Brit, manners are *so* important to me [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
The first rule of BB ethics is don't shoot birds no matter how much fun it seems.

A close second is don't shoot little Timmy. He bruises easily.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Taking part would be a great idea. What better way to get to know people on the board?

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree--great introduction to the community. Welcome!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
And don't worry. It's my impression that most of the participants in the gift exchange don't really know each other all that well. There are a lot of regulars who participate, and many regulars who don't, and there are quite a few lurkers who participate as well. You'll fit right in as long as you participate in the exchange threads like the likes/dislikes thread that will probably appear soon and the "WOOT! look what I got" thread that comes after. [Smile]

Welcome, and if you get my name I'm hoping for real estate. [Wink]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Karl the requests thread is already up. Better get in there and specify a minimum acreage. [Smile]
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all.

My doubt is resolved and I *shall* go to the ball.

Catch you later!

Karl, as for Real Estate - how about an hotel on Park Lane?

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
A close second is don't shoot little Timmy. He bruises easily.

We're gonna need another Timmy!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
3rd rule.

Its not a BB or Bulletin Board. Its Hatrack. Or in a pinch, Jatraquero, Papa's Place, or Casa Card.

But you don't have to call it a BB.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Dan. Everyone knows it's HatCrack, part of the Interwebnet.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this thread and immedietly thought, "BlackBlade ethics? what?" [Confused]

I need to be less self centered it seems.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
BB, That was my first thought as well. I thought it was pretty nervy for a newby to be starting a thread questioning your ethics.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
Its not a BB or Bulletin Board. Its Hatrack. Or in a pinch, Jatraquero, Papa's Place, or Casa Card.

Jatraqeruo is a person, not a place. And much as I love Pop, the place ain't his.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Werd.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is far funnier than it really should be.

Or I'm just a geek.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 

So are you Brit or are you Rich?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.