FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Army Commercial (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: New Army Commercial
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think we've pretty much exhausted the dialogue here, eh? I know I've pretty much said what I have to say. It's probably one of those agree to disagree things. [Smile]

The bottom line is really that the social impetus is such that women are by and large here to stay in the military. Nothing is really going to stop the forward tide of progress.

Perhaps I've been too harsh. Perhaps women in the military will be the shock troops for the sexes more objectively seeing each other. Maybe if men and women work together closely as a team for months and years at a time, they'll be able to transmit new socially adaptive ways of dealing with each other. It's possible, I suppose.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll get together again in a decade to see how it's going [Smile] .

If I had to settle for the absolute minimum, women in the draft for stateside only positions, I'd take it. That's likley still going to be thousands of positions that need to be filled.

There's a lot of details to be looked at. In the end, I don't think that total integration or total exclusion are the best answer.

We managed to keep a healthy dialogue civil though, that's a success right there.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
Or is it? You're both men after all [Razz]
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a couple where the guy was in the Navy and his wife was dead-set against women filling positions on-board ships. Basically, her thinking was that the guys would have sex with the women and a bunch of happy homes would be broken up.

Seemed like a sad commentary on several things.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that ad yesterday
It does not make me want to join the Army, nor does it give me chills.
I do not want to join the Army. They would take one look at me at not let me in anyway.
Plus I despise authority.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.