FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Firefox Question

Author Topic: Firefox Question
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
This so called "spell-checker" hasn't even shown it's face since I downloaded FF 2.0. Whats the deal? Do I have to download it seperately?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Little_Doctor:
This so called "spell-checker" hasn't even shown it's face since I downloaded FF 2.0. Whats the deal? Do I have to download it seperately?

you sure you got 2.0?

I downloaded, installed, restarted and it was there. See even the "separately" in your post was red lined by my spell checker. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm positive. When I look at the "About Firefox" tab under help, it says version 2.0.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
OK right click and if the option "spell check this field" is not checked you've found your problem. Try that.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

"Spell check this field" isn't even an option when I right click.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What extensions are you using? Sounds like one is conflicting with the spellcheck.

Personally, I prefer the Google spellcheck, and dislike version 2.0 of Firefox. But I know many people like it, and more power to 'em.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
It could be your monitor. Maybe the contrast or color settings are set to where you can't see the misspelled words. My old computer did not show the yellow stripes on Hatrack's forum.

Or maybe your are just a really good speller.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

No. there is a misspelled word in my first post, and nothing happens when I right click on it.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, it's automatic.

I had to install it twice to get it to work. Not unusual in my experience. The first time through I had a bunch of 1.5 stuff still kind of hanging out in there.

I can't think of anything else to try.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I can. Install the Google toolbar extension. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Rivka: The problem isn't having a spell-checker, it's that this one is supposed to be working and it isn't. I could easliy get another one, but I'd always wonder what was wrong with this one, haha.
rivka
Member # 4859

Given that I found that particular one useless and annoying, I'm just not seeing the problem. [Wink]
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have the right dictionary installed?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.