FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things no one would buy for themselves . . . (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things no one would buy for themselves . . .
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
And I bet what he ended up with was a putrid smell of skunk mixed with scented candle. Nothing can cover the smell of skunk.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't that bad. The skunk smell faded over time while the nice vanilla candle replaced it.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soundstream
Member # 9869

- posted      Profile for Soundstream   Email Soundstream         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another reason not to buy The Clapper:

Dogs. The Clapper thinks a dog barking is someone clapping really fast, and will turn your TV and lights on/off, on/off, on/off until you disconnect it. This actually happened to my dad when I was a kid, and I thought it was really funny (since it wasn't my TV). I've never seen him move so fast to unplug something. [Big Grin]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
How about books from the discount table. My darling daughter-in-law got me an F. Scott Fitzgerald "Collected Short Stories" two years ago. Of course I told her it was just what I wanted. So, last year I got a "Complete Short Stories" of Evelyn Waugh. Actually they were kind of good, just dated. They were kind of like Fitzgerald with an English accent. I can hardly wait for Christmas this year!
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no clothes from high school. My family moved while I was on my mission and my dad gave away everything that was in my closet. I wore jumpers and skirts for the first two weeks after I came home. If I was lucky, I remembered to take off the badge.

I don't keep clothes at all. There are a few classics I've had for years and one or two memory dresses, but that's all. I have a constantly-moving box to give to goodwill in my closet that gets full about once every three months.

I think it's because I am still moving around a lot. I haven't settled anywhere, so there's every incentive in the world to constantly edit.

I also feel like if you own anything, it costs not only the initial price but the price of maintenance and you lose the space it is taking up. In most cases, I'd rather have the empty space it would be taking up rather than the article of clothing or the thing.

The exceptions are books and jewelry. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.