FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Love My New MP3 Player

Author Topic: I Love My New MP3 Player
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
It's the Sandisk Sansa E270R, and it's wonderful.

The 2G model is only $119.00, and it plays video and had an image slideshow. I went for the 6G model ($199) 'cause I had some in-store credit, so now I have ten and a half hours of video, along with more MP3s than I even really like AND pictures of Gabe so I don't seem like a bad father because all I have is a digital camera and am too lazy to get pictures printed out for the cavepeople who don't have the internet.

And I don't have to use iTunes! Or the maddening touch circle! And I can replace the battery myself!

*swoons*

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same model, bought it off Amazon for $150 last month and I love it. Battery life is amazing on it, it seems to last forever. It's really easy to get music on and off it, and it's small enough to fit anywhere, while also boasting a decent sized screen.

What accessories are you getting for it?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going between that and the 4GB version of this little beauty. I ended up going with the Zen (sale at buy.com, got it for $125) but it hasn't gotten here yet. I am fully prepared to love it, though.

Watching any sort of video on a 1.5" screen doesn't sound like something I'm going to be doing though.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Doubtful that you'll want to watch anything really complex on it, but I have a couple movies on mine, ones that I've seen a thousand times and just like to listen to, and photos come out amazingly well on it, even with that small of a screen. Not as nice as a video Ipod mind you, but then it costs half as much, so I think I got a good deal.

I also put a ton of little videos that I took with my camera on it of my and my friends. Those are also cool to whip out and watch when friends are around, just need to have one of those cheap little speakers you can jam into the headphone socket so everyone can hear. I wish they had built in speakers.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
die hippie die, ipod ftw.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, if any group of MP3 lovers are hippies, iPod users fer shure. [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
The video quality isn't that bad on mine (but it's a 1.8 inch screen).

I'll just be glad to have something for the subway ride home from work when my brain's too tired to read.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude. Don''t HAVE to use itunes? I wouldn't go without itunes no matter what player I had. It's just a great program.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyanINPnet
Member # 8363

- posted      Profile for RyanINPnet   Email RyanINPnet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
It's the Sandisk Sansa E270R, and it's wonderful.

The 2G model is only $119.00

I saw the 2GB model for only $99.98 at OfficeMax today. Here it is.
Not that 19 bucks is a whole lot to save...but...

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
Dude. Don''t HAVE to use itunes? I wouldn't go without itunes no matter what player I had. It's just a great program.

Sure, if you like to PAY for your music. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
It handles music you don't pay for just as well as the music you do. What do you think it is?
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
^Going out on a limb here, but my guess is that it's iTunes.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I recently bought the cheapest Sansa player -- 56$ from Amazon. It has a voice recorder and can play FM radio.

It's great. Most people want more, but all I'm looking to do is listen to the music already in my CD library (I hate DRM -- but I don't really have wide-ranging music tastes so ripping CDs is about my speed) and hear the news every once in awhile (on my commute).

I wish companies would come out with more simple, low-featured but very well-designed and manufactured low-end products. I understand why they don't -- profit margins aren't good, but still...

I wish, for example, that Palm had a $50 model. Yeah, they have the $100 one, but that's still a bit too steep for me and I don't need a color screen and the ability to view photos. Yeah, I could possibly buy an old model for cheap, but I want the latest software and full support.

Of course, I also want a family cell phone plan that has half the anytime minutes of what the lowest-end plan the phone companies offer and to only pay $30 a month for it.

Oh and to only pay $10 a month for the 8 cable channels I want to watch.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to pay for my music.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I like to pay for music, too. And I prefer albums to singles. If a band is worth supporting then they're good enough to put out a set of songs that I want to own. Of course, I only buy 2-3 albums a year.

What can I say? I'm old.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else have the 'free' 4g iPod banner add at the bottom of this page?

I can understand not wanting an iPod, although I love my 60 gig Ippie, but what program do you use that you consider better than iTunes? It's the most intuitive, user friendly, organized, versatile program available to you barbarians living in PC land, how could you feel anything but joy when using it.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
Before I got my ipod, I've used other programs like Musicmatch and the one from Roxio, and the best thing about itunes is its stability. Works great and never freezes on me or shuts down for no reason. Maybe those other programs have improved over the years, but itunes is enough to keep me with the ipod. But the Snadisk Frisco got look like a nice machine. I like that it has FM and can record onthe fly. But it would be nicer on an ipod. [Wink]
Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.