FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MS Publisher Help (Mayfly)

Author Topic: MS Publisher Help (Mayfly)
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the ability to convert MS Publisher files into PDFs in the next hour or so? (i.e., have Publisher and a PDF generator such as Acrobat?)

It's a personal thing, but I can score big points with the boss. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I can do this if you want, Dag.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Something comes with Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not the free reader), might be called Adobe Distiller and certain freeware pdf software like PrimoPDF can essentially masquerade as a printer for Windows.

Thus anything you can print (including MSPublisher, I would assume) can be converted to a pdf.

You could also print to ps and then use Unix/Linux ps2pdf, although thats probably more work than necessary.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

OK, it's on it's way to your profile email. Thanks!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Mucus, the problem is lack of Publisher on any computer here. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

In case anyone didn't know it, Tom rocks!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes converting from Publisher to PDF doesn't go so well (in my experience from doing it). It won't recognize the "text wrap" of wrapping text around graphics. Hopefully you don't have this problem. But last time I did it, it just plastered the graphic over the top of the text when I did the conversion.

(probably if I had selected all and "GROUPED" the whole thing before trying to convert, it would have gone better. Wonder why I didn't think of that at the time..)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It came out fine - no text needed to wrap around graphics. I'll keep that in mind if it comes up again, though.

There's a tiff option in publisher, too, which is probably more exact, but I've had problems printing tiffs on some printers (making the size match up, etc.), so PDF seemed simpler.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
For future reference, I can do this too. [Smile] Too bad I was too busy at work to check Hatrack this morning. Glad Tom was able to help.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Thanks, rivka. This is not a likely-to-repeat thing - one of the partners was printing a "gift certificate" to her husband for Christmas. But I appreciate the offer.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, that's cute. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
For future reference, I can also help. Too bad I was busy snoring and drooling all over my pillow and pushing Fahim back onto his side of the bed to even think about checking HatCrack... [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.