FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Merry Christmas!

Author Topic: Merry Christmas!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas, everyone! [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose where you live it is.

Happy Christmas, quid. [Smile] We are enjoying our Christmas Eve so far; we will almost certainly enjoy tomorrow as well. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Christmas eve in 3 hours and 43 minutes. I can't wait! Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a great day!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to you, too! Actually, this is the very thread that I logged in with the intention of starting, but you beat me to it. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays (even those of you who don't celebrate Christmas but do get a day off)!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Evie, how is it Christmas Eve in 3 hours and 43 minutes? Do you live in a funky place where the planet experiences more than one day at a time? Is it a convergence of space and time that distorts everything? [Wink]

It's 6:50am on Christmas day where I am. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you awake at 6.50 am??
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, I'm (almost) always awake by now.

I go by Fahim's sleep schedule - it's easier for me to combat insomnia that way. He has to go to bed early because he has to be up at 5:30 in order to get his first prayer in on time, and it takes me a while to fall asleep, so I wake up a half hour or so later than he does.

And at this time of day, the bright green parrots are flying around, chirping chirping chirping, and eating the flowers and seed pods out of the tree in front of our house, and they're fun to watch anyway. [Smile]

On a side note, I have to take Oberon to the vet today. Yes, they're open. Oberon has a massive eye infection that gives him a huge cheek - pus pocket. [Frown] He's had antibiotic injections for the last three days, and it's not going down enough, so we have to continue the injections until he's doing better, which isn't yet. Today, the vet's going to drain the pus pocket, which is supposed to be very very very painful. [Frown] He couldn't do it yesterday cuz his assistant wasn't in and, with Oberon being a very big cat (14-15 pounds), he doesn't think that I alone could keep the big lug restrained. [Frown]

That's my Christmas morning. [Frown]

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, poor Oberon. Our cats are around 14lb. too. One of them is actually big; the other is just obese.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
They can't sedate him to drain it? How sad!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

They say no. [Frown] I'll ask again. [Frown]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Oberon was fat when we arrived here. He had a one pound fat pouch on his gut. [Big Grin] But then, he started exercising, wandering the neighborhood, making new friends... He exercised that thing off in no time! Now, he's just... big.

Most cats here are 2-3 pounds. And Oberon's still a wussy boy. *sigh* He sits a foot away from his food and watches them eat it out from under him. And he does absolutely nothing.

[Big Grin]

None of which has absolutely anything at all to do with Christmas...

kojabu
Member # 8042

Did you get him a Christmas present?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas, everyone. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas all!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and happy After-hanuka [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas Everyone!

From KarlEd and Phoenix!

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on my way to bed, finally. Wes worked this Christmas Eve so I've been busy all night by myself. Preparing for Santa's visit.

The good news about working by myself on Christmas Eve though, is that he's here Christmas Day. he'll probably be in around 9:00 tomorrow morning.

We had a candlelight service at church, and went outside to sing in the parking lot but it was raining and all our candles went out. [Frown]

Other than that, it's been a lovely Christmas Eve. I wish everyone out there a wonderful holiday.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Merrrrrrrrrry Christmas!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas! I am in Korea this year so it is after 5pm here. I went to a Christmas Eve servie last night, but everything being in Korean made it quite a bit harder to follow. I recognized the carols though and I just hummed along.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas! We had a lovely Christmas. [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas from Pike!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Fozziwig: My speech, here is my Christmas speech. "Thank you all, and Merry Christmas."

Jacob Marley: That was the speech?

Robert Marley: It was dumb.

Jacob: It was obvious.

Robert: It was pointless.

Jacob: It was... short.

Robert & Jacob: I loved it!!

[Party]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas, Everyone!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Not to derail the Christmas thread too much, but...

Jeff (used to be a vet tech) says unless his airway is partially obstructed by the swelling, there is no good reason why Oberon can't be sedated for the procedure. He also says that sedation != put under, necessarily; they could just give him something to make him sleepy and happy. And if they won't, and don't give you a good reason why, you should consider a different vet.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas all!
Or...Happy Winter Solstice!

Long live Saturn!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

There aren't that many vets here, and the one we have is pretty good, considering... There just isn't a very good choice among vets.

They didn't drain his pus pocket - the swelling finally went down a noticeable amount, so we're leaving it alone. It's right under the eye, so, not exactly a place I'd like to mess with if not necessary. The antibiotic injections are continuing for at least two more days.

I've also been giving Oberon antibiotic eye drops and pills.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Give us Oberon updates, please! I'm so glad he's doing better!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Long live Saturn!
I miss Pluto...
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Oberon goes in for his last shot today. The swelling is way, way, way down. He's eating normally again, too, which is good. [Smile] On the other hand, he sees me, and he runs. [Frown] Not too surprising with the shots, pills, and eyedrops he's been getting...
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Belated Christmas, Happy Holidays, and I wish everyone at Hatrack a very Happy and Safe New Years! [Wave]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.