FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello, I'm new here. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hello, I'm new here.
PrometheusBound
Member # 10020

- posted      Profile for PrometheusBound           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been lurking for a while (since early December or so), but this is my first post. And I don't really have anything to say.... Just thought it might be polite to post this. [Wave]
Posts: 211 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.

Have a seat.

Tell us a little about yourself.....

[Smile]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Wave]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrometheusBound
Member # 10020

"Tell us a little about yourself...."

Well, taking my cue from the "describe yourself physicaly thread," I'm a slightly built (5'10" 120 lb.) young caucasian male with dark hair and dark eyes but fair skin. I have small hands and feet but a massive forehead.

As for non-physical features, well those should be easy enough to discover.

I am interested in politics and religion but have learnt to avoid these subjects or else tread very lightly.

And I am writing this while I should be writing an essay for a scholarship. Ah well, its not due for a week and I am on break.

Posts: 211 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
yo
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Prometheus--love what you did with the fire thing. We'll send Hercules up after a while to unbind you, as long as Zeus doesn't mind.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, and welcome! [Wave] I really like your username. I hope you stick around a while!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
Welcome Prometheus--love what you did with the fire thing. We'll send Hercules up after a while to unbind you, as long as Zeus doesn't mind.

Man true story, I lit candles last night because its a great atmosphere setting tool when you're cozying up to Ms BlackBlade [Big Grin]

Hats off to you Prometheus! Try to lay off the heavy drinking after the birds make off with your liver. [Frown]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, Noob

*drools*

*licks chops*

Me hungry.

Nah, welcome to the Rack.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Man true story, I lit candles last night because its a great atmosphere setting tool when you're cozying up to Ms BlackBlade
Dan has been cozying up to Ms BlackBlade? [Eek!]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, PB. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dan has been cozying up to Ms BlackBlade?
It wasn't me.
It wasn't her.

It was two other people.

Yeah, two other people.

They just looked like us.

I promise.

Besides, we were drunk.

Um, never mind.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
quote:
Man true story, I lit candles last night because its a great atmosphere setting tool when you're cozying up to Ms BlackBlade
Dan has been cozying up to Ms BlackBlade? [Eek!]
[No No]

Tsk! Really, Karl. Must you start these kinds of rumors?

If we're going the whole scandalous rumor route, stick with something geographically plausible, y'know?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, and rivka's already given you an abbreviation. [Smile]

Welcome to the wonderful world of forum addiction.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:

rivka is lazy. She gives everyone an abbreviation.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Prometheus! Glad you've liked what you've seen of the place well enough to become a member. I look forward to getting to know you.

Out of curiosity, why did you pick the username that you did? Do you identify with Prometheus, or really like Aeschylus, or is it something else entirely?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. Now the important question: what are your feelings about ketchup?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I am writing this while I should be writing an essay for a scholarship.
And that's why it's really called hatCrack. Addiction sets in quickly.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:eats the n00b:

Blech. They don't taste as good as they used to.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
You gotta feed 'em up first.

*offers welcome cookies*

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Trogdor used to burninate them first for that smoky flavor. Newb sushi just isn't that good.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! [Wave]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya PrometheusBound! Welcome.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrometheusBound
Member # 10020

quote:
what are your feelings about ketchup?
Sorry, but I despise it (I eat burgers dry, Buggers too.) [Frown]

quote:
Do you identify with Prometheus, or really like Aeschylus, or is it something else entirely?
I havn't read the Aeschylus in its entirity (I also skiped some of the musical numbers in Oedipus Tyrannos), but I love the myth. And, not having read much of the Aeschylus doesn't stop me from quoting it. [Cool]

quote:
Prometheus brought fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends
Aeschylus, via Rockefeller Center.

[[Edited for Spelling.]]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*smites PrometheusBound with the Ketchup of Righteousness*

Sorry, it had to be done. Carry on.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchup, pfffft!

Wasabi horseradish, now that's good stuff.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrometheusBound
Member # 10020

Ducks KQ's smiting.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Oh, he's good. Knows how to take a good smiting.

<---Is unsmitable. I am immune to any and all smites as I have an uber awesome immune system.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing trumps the might of the ketchup though.....

:::squirts Stan in the eye with the wasabi flavord ketchup:::

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:

:::squirts Stan in the eye with the wasabi flavord ketchup:::

Ouch! That's gotta hurt!

[/commentator's voice]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*lays down ten bucks on Pel, then walks away* [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack PrometheusBound.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:

rivka is lazy. She gives everyone an abbreviation.
Do I get an abbreviation? [Razz]

Hiya, PB! [Big Grin] Welcome!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by pH:
Do I get an abbreviation? [Razz]

Darling, you already are an abbreviation. Or at least your SN is. [Wink]
fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
hi PB! im sort of a newbie too, though ive lurked here since... May or June methinks.
Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
How about ProBo?
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I like PB that way I can secretly call him peanut butter.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Sounds like some kind of OTC food supplement or something.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
I like PB that way I can secretly call him peanut butter.

Hahaha, that's exactly what I was doing in my head too. Nice.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a secret anymore :\.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Myr, I call you....

CHEESE!

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That name just reminds me of a Dead Can Dance song called Black Sun.
"Like Prometheus we are bound chained to this rock..."

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* Syn, that's like saying "Hey, I know that song! That's the Lone Ranger theme!" [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Kiwi, that is the best nickname ever. I'll totally respond to it [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy! [Wave]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Hola! [Wave]
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey PB, welcome to the 'rack. [Smile]

And I'll second the ketchup is gross movement. Mayo all the way! [Razz]

*ducks*

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna nickname too!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.