FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Have you hugged your Merlin today???

Author Topic: Have you hugged your Merlin today???
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/ParkerBros/Merlin.htm

This is a quick link for the Parker Brothers toy that I once had. I caught a peek of it on 1UP and the memories came flooding back. I had completely forgotten about Merlin what with PSP and Nintendo DS and all the handheld gaming of today!

Ah, the good old days...maybe they were good and old because if I busted out a Merlin today I'd be bored in a few minutes. But, boy was the ever cool when it first came out.

Check out the link if you want to see the very "Robotech" Japanese version!

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard, I haven't seen you around in AGES. How have you been??
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been well! After my wife gave birth to a healthy child number three, things have been chaotic in every sense. But life goes on, just not by the river very much. Heck, I am lucky to check my email every 2 weeks at this point in my life. In many ways, I am unplugged from this world anymore :-)...

P.S. It may sound corny, but I still keep Hatrack at the top of my favorites list of my browser!

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww... well, it's good to see you! And congratulations on number three! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

(Her name is Callista, and she is beautiful)...
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Omg, I had a Merlin. That's back from the days of Mattel handheld football. Wow...
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh! I remember the ads for this thing. I didn't have a Merlin, though. I had a Simon. Four buttons, each with a different color and tone. Kept us busy for hours.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
i had a simon.

Callista is a beautiful name, congrats.

Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm echoing the "it's good to see you again, Alucard!" sentiment, and congrats on your newest. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll join the chorus--it's good to see you again! And congratulations!

My brother had a merlin. Man, I coveted that thing.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

The new Simons are horrible. I miss our old one.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait. They still sell Simons? Kids today can still be interested in something with four buttons?

Huh.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*Also joins the chorus.*

Good to see you again, and congrats [Smile]

Sad to say, those things were before my day. Oh well.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Wait. They still sell Simons? Kids today can still be interested in something with four buttons?

Well, one side has four buttons, and one side has 8, but yes.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.