FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let's have a ridiculous debate (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Let's have a ridiculous debate
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I assert that Martha Stewart is more irritating than the Donald, but not as irritating as Paris Hilton. Discuss.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Rumsfeld or Trump?
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought she was talking about Donald Duck, myself. And I like Donald Duck.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Donald" is Trump, IIRC. Rumsfeld is "Rummy."
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Could be talking about Sutherland.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"The Donald" is Trump, IIRC. Rumsfeld is "Rummy."
My grandfather Hyrum was "Rummy". Rumsfeld stole it. <_<
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear they are starting a new series with all 3 of them in it.

Something about breaking out of prison, and if the guards allow it they will be fired. There will be some cooking with people yelling at each other thrown in there too.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hear they are starting a new series with all 3 of them in it.
I heartily support that.

Think about it, by not watching that one show, you get to avoid all three of them. It's like Christmas every day.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Think about it, by not watching that one show, you get to avoid all three of them. It's like Christmas every day.

Brilliant!
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, they will each have their own shows too, so it will really only be one more show not to watch.

Not that I have a problem with that.

And yes, the Donald is the one of the Trump variety.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Cripes! Trapper Keeper has been caught in a loop! Somebody do something!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! yeah, bit of slow responsive explorer and over anxious posting button. By the time I knew what happened, there were 3 posts up there and two replies already.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I assert that Martha Stewart is more irritating than the Donald, but not as irritating as Paris Hilton. Discuss.
To me, the annoyance of all three of them is hearing about them more than I want even though I never seek out any information about any of them.

I definitely hear more news/jokes/etc. about Hilton, followed by Steward, followed by Trump.

My ranking agrees with yours.

I'm putting Brittney Spears in between Hilton and Stewart.

Brinestone
Member # 5755

It's quite possible that I find Martha Stewart more irritating than is justified. The thing is, I heard about her for years before I ever watched her show. I thought it was cool that a woman had become rich and famous for doing well what most women do silently inside their homes. So I kind of liked the idea of her.

The first time I watched her show, my opinion of her plummeted. She was just so smug, so uptight, so condescending that I couldn't imagine how she had ever gained the fame she now enjoys. Was she like that in the early days?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I've never seen her show, but I have seen her mocked on SNL, so I can say with authority that, yes, she was always like that.

[ January 04, 2007, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My grandfather Hyrum was "Rummy".

A rummy Mormon? Huh.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
He was married to Ginny.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Yummy.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I find Stewart the least annoying of those, but then, I've never watched her show.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To me, the annoyance of all three of them is hearing about them more than I want even though I never seek out any information about any of them.

I definitely hear more news/jokes/etc. about Hilton, followed by Steward, followed by Trump.

Beyond the stock scandal, I've heard almost nothing about Stewart. I know nothing at all about her personal life. She seems really good at what she does and for some reason people dislike her for that. I guess I just don't find her annoying at all.

Paris wins the contest for me.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
I find Martha Stewart more annoying than Paris Hilton, but then, I was never forced to watch Paris Hilton decorate easter eggs for hours as a small child, so I may be biased.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She seems really good at what she does and for some reason people dislike her for that.
I don't think you'll find many reasonable people who dislike because she's competent.

People dislike her because she's arrogant, and distant, and patronizing.

Paris Hilton is by far the most annoying of the three. And that sentence would remain the same no matter who the other two people were.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Paris Hilton is by far the most annoying of the three. And that sentence would remain the same no matter who the other two people were.
[ROFL]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Martha Stewart was a model before she was a home decorating guru.
Though she casts herself as a blue-blood, she was born of working class parents, I believe.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What? You're not going to include Rosie into the mix? (who is currently sparring with The Donald)

Most irritating of all......

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
After Martha Stewart makes something on her show (a wreath, a table decoration, etc...) she exclaims, "That's perfect!"

Just a little quirk, but it can get pretty ridiculous.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I had no idea.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

And yet here you are, reading and responding to this thread. Admit it, Porteiro: you can't get enough celebrity gossip.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

It appears that depsite my claims to the contrary, not only do I love celebrity gossip, but I also can't get enough dobies.

*hangs head in shame*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question. Who would win in a three way battle royal?

Donald Trump with a Jet Pack purchased with billions of dollars? Martha Stuart with 8 foot wings fashioned out of bones of lesser creatures and a bag with random assortments of things one might find in the garbage? Or Paris Hilton with a microphone?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

We would all lose.
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, what if Parris Hilton is really Stewart and Trump's secret love child. [Angst]

That would definitely explain a lot. [Evil]

I honestly find Trump the least idiotic out of the bunch, but he really has to do somthing about the hair! [Grumble]

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:

I have to agree.

Hilton came to Sydney recently, to promote a beer called 'Bondi Blonde'. For a 6 day tour, she was paid $5 million (presumably AUD).

What a $&^%ed up world we live in.

And she's not even hot/cute/sexy. At all.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Would that have made it OK?
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
[ROFL]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

quote:
quote:
Nope. Didn't say that.

But it would help explain why she is paid so much.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I think she's about as hot/cute/sexy as most of the people they tend to put on TV.
Euripides
Member # 9315

[Dont Know] I don't.
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like Paris because I don't like the slutty look.

The Donald vs. Rosy has become the most boring celebrity spat. Not that I care about these things to a great extent, but it's not even ridiculous! I can't mock it, so what's it worth?

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hate Paris's eyes. One is smaller than the other. I really can't stand it.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
My opinion...Of the three, Trump is by far the most irritating. By miles. By light years.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I strongly dislike Rosie O'Donnell. But only because I find her hair style really annoying. That isn't a very good reason...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I enjoyed Rosie back when she was just a stand-up comedian.
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
I strongly dislike Rosie O'Donnell. But only because I find her hair style really annoying. That isn't a very good reason...

It's as good as any other reason to like or dislike a celebrity, I suppose...

I can't stand the sight of George Clooney because he reminds me of my ex. I suppose that isn't a very good reason either.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Donald Sutherland. He's cute. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Want a ridiculous debate? Come spend some time at my work . . . *shakes head*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
However, I think Edward Norton is cool. Mostly because he's in Fight Club.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Which I haven't seen.

I have a friend who used to be a dead ringer for Keifer. Man, he was cute. *drool*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I find swans to be both annoying and annoying. Especially when they finish the crossword before I get to it.

Curséd swans.

*is hauled back into solitary*

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
This is by far the best Martha Stewart rip on SNL I've ever seen. Or at least, it's my favorite.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.