FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 24 Season 6 --- SPOILERS! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 24 Season 6 --- SPOILERS!
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've found Audrey's fan!

Just kidding. We're not big fans of Audrey here. My wife absolutely can't stand her.

She would, however, wholeheartedly endorse your support for Tony.

The way Tony went out like a punk was the biggest mistake the series ever made. Especially after the way he came in during season 4 was was one of the best moments of the series.

_________

As for tonight--

Wow.

Who would have believed that bluetooth boy was Jack's Brother?

Anybody who just recently watched season 5 have thoughts on that? I got it, but have only watched the "prequel" movie, so it's been a year since I saw him trapsing about ordering President Devious around.

And I daresay the previews for next weeks show are giving too much away. I think we saw a peice of every scene in the next episode that features Jack. I'm certain the last scene in the commercial is going to be part of the last scene of the next episode.

Although last week's preview at least managed to hide who bluetooth boy really was.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I just can't believe Jack's dad is Rolo Tamasi. [Eek!] Does that mean he's related to Guy Pearce?
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I was really hoping they'd use his real dad... That would have been some quality TV.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I know! I've come to really appreciate Donald Sutherland. [Smile] They put him on Commander in Chief instead. erg.

Bluetooth boy's reveal was fantastically surprising and twisty for me since I just finished Day 5 last week. How many times did he ask President Logan if Jack had been "taken care of" again? Oooh. This puts the fun back in dysfunctional in a big way! Gray's wife has a crush on Jack, Gray's son may even BE Jack's son, and Gray has tried and failed to kill Jack no less than 5 times. Fantastic!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
I just can't believe Jack's dad is Rolo Tamasi. [Eek!] Does that mean he's related to Guy Pearce?

What are you talking about? He's Zefram Cochrane.

Maybe Jack has been stealing the keys to his dad's warp drive for the past 5 years. That would explain how he's able to drive so fast in L.A. traffic.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Donald Sutherland was a great idea. The part may even have been written for him. But I don't know if 24 could have afforded him.

And anyway, Pixiest, since when did you start watching the previews for the next week's show? Whenever I regret watching a preview for the next week's show, I always mutter, "Should have done like the Pixiest . . ."

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
doc: just started this year. I need to go back to not watching the scenes. Stupid Me.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

What on this page could possibly be causing Google to pop up with L Word ads?
docmagik
Member # 1131

It's not like the people in this thread didn't spoil it anyways [Wink] .

I actually specifically avoided mentioning what the last scene in the preveiw was, just in case you were reading this. It's the twist next week that I wish I didn't know about.

docmagik
Member # 1131

Okay, so here is are my predictions/wishes for the rest of the season:

The terrorist being flown out to Washington DC, the one Jack killed Curtis to save, is going to turn out to still be a terrorist. He's going to create a bad, bad situation at the White House.

And since Jack Bauer can't get out to DC in time to set things right, that leaves only one man to save the day on the East Coast:

Agent Aaron Peirce. He will emerge in the coolest debut of a character in a season since Tony's season 4 debut.

Man, that would be some good TV.

I also think Chloe's husband has ultierior motives for working at CTU, although I'd really like to see that card held until next season. There has to be at least some continuity between seasons for this stuff to matter when they reveal it.

I also sincerely hope they find a cooler way for Jack to find out about what happened last season with his brother than just have his brother have one of those, "I'm so sure I'm about to kill you that I'm willing to reveal the entire evil plan," moments.

And I still have my wish from last season that it turns out that the little cabal his brother belongs to was responsible for a lot of the stuff in prior seasons as well, particularly the downing of Air Force One that brought Logan to power.

What about you folks?

docmagik
Member # 1131

Okay, here's how my predictions for last night should have went:

I predict nothing much is going to happen until the last, say, 15 minutes, where barely enough will happen to want to tune back in next week.

I love the show, but man.

docmagik
Member # 1131

So, what's the verdict?

Is Jack's brother dead?

Is anybody still watching this?

Not that I blame anybody after last week's yawn-fest . . .

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

I watched it. I think Gray is dead.

This show doesn't seem to be able to shock me anymore...

I'm gonna keep watching it though.

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

I saw the Morris thing coming a mile away. My gf and I called it the week before. The setup was a bit contrived for getting him out of CTU, too. If Milo didn't want Morris to know about his brother before the picture was done, he certainly wouldn't have told Chloe. He'd have just kept it to himself, then said "I just got this in" after the picture was completed.

Writers fell down on that one, in my mind.

This week's episode wasn't as good as previous weeks, but I've come to expect a mid-season lull at this point. It's what turned me off to Season 3 (I stopped watching mid season). I know the end of the year will be better, so I'll push on.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the episode was pretty good, though the "twists" were all really obvious I thought. Both Morris and Jack's dad.

I also thought Gray's death was a bit weak. He was like the head honcho last season! What a pitiful way to go. And the worst part is Jack didn't get to do it himself! [Smile]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

It also bothered me that the drugs were left out for the dad to get at them. The technician had been cleaning everything up, no? Seemed pretty weak.

But again, I sort of expect a dip in the quality after the first third of the season, with the quality ramping up again in the home stretch.

Wasn't Kim in the cave being chased by mountain lions at around this part of one of the seasons?

docmagik
Member # 1131

I'm with Strider. If that was the end of Graem, that was a HUGE waste of possibilities. So much could have happened . . .
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
24 Hour Pizza Delivery.

This is why YouTube rocks.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Is anybody still watching this, or has Heroes taken over?

It got kind of dull there for a few episodes, but I thought the last couple of episodes picked back up.

the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
24 Hour Pizza Delivery.

This is why YouTube rocks.

I've seen that before, and I remember my friend part being the cougar, and how we're reminded of him in the final shots.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't watched this season since episode 3 or 4 because it was too silly. Anything interesting going on?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
24 really hasn't been doing it for me this year. Some of the episodes are down right annoying and frustrating. BUT...it's still good enough that I'm watching it.

I'm glad Brady didn't die. The show has a bad habit of killing off anyone and everyone who helps Jack.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.