FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Secret Code for Hatrackers (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Secret Code for Hatrackers
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
Morse code would be pretty cool. I'm sure someone on here knows it.

To be achieved how? You going to clap in their face or flash them with something in a pattern?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to start carrying one of those huge lanterns they had on all the US navy ships in WWII (and maybe still have), with the handles and louvers.

The only Morse Code I know is SOS, but if you see me carrying one of those around, you can probably guess who I am without the code.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maliam
Member # 9915

- posted      Profile for Maliam   Email Maliam         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think we should just say "Remember, the enemy's gate is down" and see if the other person responds.
But if you do that and there reading EG or have read it they may thing your a nut who think thats a great joke. Wait no problem with people thinking I'm crazy. Most people kinda think that already when I go out in my purple fairy shirt, what one more reason.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Mention something about "my friend Hattie."

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wondered if she'd ever posted on the author's website. She gave me many, many suspicious looks before admitting that she had, many years ago, but no longer does. And then walked off and avoided me all night.
'Nuff said.
Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
That last one was my 100th post.

It wasn't even that funny.

True..... [Wink]
Ouch [Smile]
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
You need something less abrasive.

"So, do you like canoeing?"

If they say "no," then you know automatically that they are out. If they say "yes" then you reply with the following:

"Oh yeah? where do you like to canoe the most?"

Then a real hatracker gets to reply "Hatrack River," which won't sound that odd, rivers are named all kinds of odd things.

Then you know for sure.

I LIKE this.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in a similar situation at school actually... I think that Pixie goes here, and I emailed her when I was looking at the school last fall but we never met up. Now I'm pretty sure she's dropped off the forum (unless anyone has seen her lately? Pixie? You here?) and I'm not sure how to find her on campus. I know her first name, but I also know two girls in her year who have that name. The problem is that I've known them long enough in the school setting to randomly ask "hey, do you post as Pixie?" without weirding them out. Especially if I asked the wrong one...

What to do? [Confused]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I still have the foobonic album data, which includes pics of Pixie. This might resolve it before I have a chance to check, or if I don't, though: she's a redhead with bright red hair.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JumboWumbo
Member # 10047

- posted      Profile for JumboWumbo   Email JumboWumbo         Edit/Delete Post 
In order to determine whether or not the unidentified subject is a hatraracker or not, please adhere to the following script:

1) Remove a piece (or several pieces) of clothing
2) Wave the said piece(s) of clothing in the air
3) Ask the subject if, "you like my rack baby?" (The rack in this sentence, of course, is a reference to the phrase hatrack. Only a hatracker could know this).

There are two potential conclusions.

If the subject smiles and dances, you've met a foreigner to the hatracking community. However, if they slap you/ call security/ douse you in pepper spray, you know you've come accross a true friend. You may now proceed to ask him/her back to your house so you can get to know eachother a little better.

Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon, I know Pixie's last name. If you email me I will tell you it. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Anne Kate, I lost your phone number. I still want to hang out sometime. Not this Sunday (the fourth) but the Sunday after that, most likely several of my friends and me are going to lunch. Would you like to come?
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Sure! I'll call you! I think I put your number in my phone.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Is the email address in your profile still good for you deany?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To be achieved how? You going to clap in their face or flash them with something in a pattern?
*chokes* *laughs* *has a really dirty mind*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

Yes, I still use that email address. =D
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the red hair gives it away. I've met her.

The question remains however, of how to bring up the "I'm a Jatraquera too" conversation. [Razz]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ah, so you like OSC?"
"Yeah, I've read a lot of his stuff."
"Ever check out his website?"
Answer is either "no" or "yes". If yes and no "I'm on the forums there", simply ask, "Ever check out the forums?" You don't have to give away how MUCH you are on the forums if they've never been.

'Tis really not that hard.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Tatiana is Anne Kate? I've been away for a while; I missed that memo.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
Actually the red hair gives it away. I've met her.

The question remains however, of how to bring up the "I'm a Jatraquera too" conversation. [Razz]

Just use her screen name, and then say you remember her from Hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by martha:
Wait, Tatiana is Anne Kate?

Yup.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
*chokes* *laughs* *has a really dirty mind*
I very, very briefly shared probably the same thought after I posted that.

But I decided against changing it for obvious reasons [Wink]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

I just assumed ketchupqueen meant, like, rapping against a nearby wall or chair or something. Like if you're on a plane, you would be talking and tapping it out on your armrest. But then most people would end up thinking Hatrackers are a twitchy bunch and not want to join us.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I would prefer using semaphore code. Nothing more subtle than signing every character with two huge flags.

Might be hard on an airplane, though. Probaly wouldn't go over well.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

dean, my mind is MUCH dirtier than that.

Nighthawk, they'd probably arrest you for terrorism.

brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
"Ah, so you like OSC?"
"Yeah, I've read a lot of his stuff."
"Ever check out his website?"
Answer is either "no" or "yes". If yes and no "I'm on the forums there", simply ask, "Ever check out the forums?" You don't have to give away how MUCH you are on the forums if they've never been.

'Tis really not that hard.

Not cloak and dagger enough for me.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Precisely my point!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, if someone tried to be cloak and dagger with me, I wouldn't get it.

The point of conversation is communication. Not giggling like an 8-year-old because you put one over on someone.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That might not be the POINT of conversation...

But it is the FUN in conversation. [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

Clearly, not nearly ancient enough. [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.