FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jenny Schechter is insane

Author Topic: Jenny Schechter is insane
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Just sayin'.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Are we talking about Forrest Gump's wife?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

No.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Naked Mandy!
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Heh. That's the one. Jenny is certifiably nuts. I mean, in the way that if I knew her in real life, I'd probably try and have her committed.
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen the first season of the L-Word, but Mia Kirshner is seriously cute. I take it that her character did something objectionable?
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to start watching the L-word in the middle and I didn't know any of the characters and didn't like it. I'm SURE it would be different if I started it from the beginning.

But yes, Naked Mandy is heartbreakingly cute.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Well, she kind of always does (do objectionable things). But starting at the beginning of this season, she actually started to become a reasonable person. And then she got a bad review of something she wrote, and turned into a psycho-nutjob again. I swear, it is seriously hard to understand. I mean, from what I've heard, Ilene Chaiken based the character of Jenny Schechter on herself. She must really perceive herself as a lunatic, if that's the case. That, or she honestly doesn't see what she has Jenny doing as all that crazy.

I mean, okay. I'm a lesbian. I start watching a lesbian soap opera. And I wind up sympathizing (okay, just a little) with the token male character in the first season. Why? Because Jenny is a fruitbat who needs to be put in time-out until she grows up.

Other characters do stupid things from time to time. You don't have any drama unless some of your characters do stupid things. That's pretty much a law of TV shows. But honest to God, there's got to be a limit. Mia Kirshner is a phenomenal actress. She portrays Jenny as utterly clueless about how destructive and insane (sorry, but I'm running out of synonyms for insane) she is.

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I read the title and was like AH! No! Not Jenny! I don't really like her character and yes, she is quite insane. I haven't seen this past Sunday's episode yet though, so if she went even crazier than the dog thing, I have yet to find out.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Teres and I watched the first two seasons but haven't bought the 3rd one yet (we don't get Showtime). Neither of us likes Jenny. Also not fans of Marina, for that matter -- she seemed like a predator, with no remorse for essentially seducing a married woman.

However, we like Alice and we both have a crush on Shane...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I've never understood why everyone thinks Shane is hot.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Um... because she is, maybe? Smokingly.

Chris, Jenny wasn't married yet when Marina fell for her. But yes, she wasn't single. Then again, neither was Marina.

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny was clearly in a relationship. Marina's a poacher. I don't think much of either of them, frankly. If Jenny wanted to explore that part of herself, fine, let her discuss it with her fiance first or, if that's impossible for whatever reason, break it off with him and then go off with Marina. It happens, and it certainly adds drama, but I'm not interested in watching someone self-destruct.

It's not that Shane is more attractive than the rest, but for the most part she's more confident, more frank, more together, and she's excellent at seeing what's really going on. We noticed several times in the first two seasons thst whenever anything was happening to the other women Shane was always the one who noticed. She's got her problems, oh yes, but judging by which L-Worder we'd most want to hang out with, Shane gets it hands down.

Also, she's hot.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Although she needs to eat more.
kojabu
Member # 8042

That's most of why I don't find her attractive.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.